We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

43 minutes ago, DJoyTinnio said:

There are modders who buy licenses from models that are on sale. And there are modders who do their own models.  Those who steal from other games, should not bitch arround , if someone steals the already stolen work , lol .  That's beating arround the bush.

If you believe that, then I'd say your best bet is to go somewhere else that shares your views about how to maintain a healthy modding community. I believe what I said because it's proven to keep things running. I've seen other communities fall apart because of people who think they know better than everyone else and therefore can do whatever they want. (And coincidentally in every case I've witnessed, its always the best, most valuable contributors who get fed up and leave.)

But in the end, each community gets to decide its own guidelines, not a single person or tiny minority. And, imo the successful ones should stick with what they're doing, despite any outside objections about how things "should" be. That's not beating around the bush, thats just how it is.

1 hour ago, TDU Iceman said:

If you believe that, then I'd say your best bet is to go somewhere else that shares your views about how to maintain a healthy modding community. I believe what I said because it's proven to keep things running. I've seen other communities fall apart because of people who think they know better than everyone else and therefore can do whatever they want. (And coincidentally in every case I've witnessed, its always the best, most valuable contributors who get fed up and leave.)

But in the end, each community gets to decide its own guidelines, not a single person or tiny minority. And, imo the successful ones should stick with what they're doing, despite any outside objections about how things "should" be. That's not beating around the bush, thats just how it is.

Changing the position of a passenger phasing through a car's roof, or traveling hovering somewhere in 4 meters away, to a normal position on one of 4 empty seats in a car, is not ''knowing everything better.''  And no i won't go somewhere else. I just prefere the mods of people who did their own models. And i have the right for my opinion and share it here. You don't have to tell me to go elsewhere , only because of your opinion differs. I am not criticising any guidelines. I am just pointing out how I see it . Did you see i am a modder here ?

8 minutes ago, DJoyTinnio said:

Changing the position of a passenger phasing through a car's roof, or traveling hovering somewhere in 4 meters away, to a normal position on one of 4 empty seats in a car, is not ''knowing everything better.''  And no i won't go somewhere else. I just prefere the mods of people who did their own models. And i have the right for my opinion and share it here. You don't have to tell me to go elsewhere , only because of your opinion differs. I am not criticising any guidelines. I am just pointing out how I see it . Did you see i am a modder here ?

I mentioned other communities because I figured if this is such a big deal for you to drag this topic back up, then maybe you would feel better if you were away from these things that are so bothersome.

And I disagree with you thinking its okay to make judgement calls on others mods. Other modders may not see it that way, so it doesn't matter what you think. What they think is what matters. And if these "minor" things are such a bother, then making a full replacement is always an option. No one's stopping you.

And of course you're free to have whatever opinion you want. Just like I'm free to point out why I think its wrong, lol.

I mentioned other communities because I figured if this is such a big deal for you to drag this topic back up, then maybe you would feel better if you were away from these things that are so bothersome.

And I disagree with you thinking its okay to make judgement calls on others mods. Other modders may not see it that way, so it doesn't matter what you think. What they think is what matters. And if these "minor" things are such a bother, then making a full replacement is always an option. No one's stopping you.

And of course you're free to have whatever opinion you want. Just like I'm free to point out why I think its wrong, lol.

Yeah. But the difference is, I don't tell you to go elsewhere !  PLUS   My sound mods are my own work. So i think i can have a certain point of view, regarding people that just take the soundfiles from other games, and claim it to be their ''work'' . You say i might feel better being away from things that bother me ? I already feel better, not having to steal other's work, lol .

Edited by DJoyTinnio

Again, it was just a suggestion because you wanted to complain about how this place is run. I didn't demand you leave or anything. I don't really care what you do.

I didn't complain about how this place is run. Wtf ?  That's what YOU make out of what i wrote. Again, i only shared my opinion about the complains when someone really improves an already existing mod, when it is not the authors own work originally . If a modder wants to make his mod that ''do not touch'' worthy, do your own models. It is harder ? YES ! And that's why it is more worth. Only my lttle opinion, period.

Edited by DJoyTinnio

4 minutes ago, DJoyTinnio said:

I didn't complain about how this place is run. Wtf ?  That's what YOU make out of what i wrote. Again, i only shared my opinion about the complains when someone really improves an already existing mod. Period. 

You wanted to disagree with modders "who steal from other games" being able to protect their works, which is a community guideline.

1 hour ago, DJoyTinnio said:

And where is the respect for the people that made the ripped models from forza and TDU 2  ?    Isn't this beating arround the bush, to argue about who disrespects who  ?  The modders that don't do their own models and just taking it from other games are also doing a form of disrespect on the hours and hours work from others, by just taking them , and uploading them as their own work. In my opinion they should not bitch arround, if someone is taking their 90 % work, and improving it to 100 %  by putting the passenger into the correct position. 

3 minutes ago, DJoyTinnio said:

I didn't complain about how this place is run. Wtf ?  That's what YOU make out of what i wrote. Again, i only shared my opinion about the complains when someone really improves an already existing mod. Period.

Sounds like a blatant complaint to me.

1 hour ago, Ztryka531 said:

Sounds like a blatant complaint to me.

No, just a thought.   And about ONE theme of thousands of themes that run this place. That's not complaining about ''how this place is run , lol ''

See,  this hole platinum mod would not be possible, if not bending the guidelines a bit. And so i think it is a good way to improve the game. Together with the community. What i mean is, some modders where not asked, if they want their mod to be in this platinum project. Things are changed in their mods also, physics, sound, camera, whatever. Strictly viewed, this is against the guidelines. Do correct me, if i understand something wrong.  But it is good for all, right ?    So why, if there is something wrong with a mod. And in some cases even the modder says, yeah lol i was too lazy to put that passenger into the right position that day, take it or hate it. Then i find it ok if that gets fixed. The credits for the original author could stay untouched. I bet there are people who don't need their own thread or credits, for being up to improve an obvious lack in a mod. I mean COME ON, a passenger floating along a car ?  That's not what this game is about, lol . There should be exclusions i find.

Edited by DJoyTinnio

According to framedrops to 2 or 3 fps.  I had that also with a downloaded mod that had an installer for it, that also installed changed physics.  I installed the car manually without the physics, and all worked normally.  That's why i then never installed changed physics again. I thought the game detects it as cheating , and drops the player's framerate. ( Atari servers where still on )  .  So my guess it is the physics that come with some cars.

6 hours ago, TDU Iceman said:

All opinions are welcome but we would appreciate a more friendly tone than this.    

If someone genuinely wants to improve the experience for the community based on what others have already modded then that's great.  If someone appears to only want Internet fame then it seems that most people here will detect and resent that.  If you wish to continue discussing the topic I would suggest doing so in a new thread, so that this one is kept only for discussing TDU Platinum.

1 minute ago, scr89 said:

Any idea of how can I modify TDU_rims.db for a car I want to add replacing a TDU Custom one ?

Either you do it the old way, or you use TDUF. 

Old way means extract it via TDU MT, decrypt using TDU UT, edit, save, encrypt via TDU UT and repack it using TDU MT. 

TDUF does it all already.

1 minute ago, scr89 said:

Which parameter I need to modify in TDUT in order to make the car lower to fit to the rims ??

Height ? 

I can't really teach you how to mod the game in the thread, can i? Make a backup of your DB.bnk file, and do some tests... 

Just now, Milli said:

I can't really teach you how to mod the game in the thread, can i? Make a backup of your DB.bnk file, and do some tests... 

What do you think that I can test ? In the car files ( Is a Zenvo ST-1 from HF Garage) it says to modify Suspension Height, but i don't find it in TDUF

2 minutes ago, scr89 said:

What do you think that I can test ? In the car files ( Is a Zenvo ST-1 from HF Garage) it says to modify Suspension Height, but i don't find it in TDUF

You can test anything, really. TDUF can modify anything in the database. If you don't know how to do even that, i don't really recommend you to modify the game at all.

22 hours ago, Milli said:

No it doesn't. When the car model changes, it is a different car and has no link with the base car. 

Edit: if you want to edit the performance of the MW version, he needs to find and edit the MW performance. 

Ah, is it? I didn't check, so I must be remembering wrong how TDU works. 😁 Thanks for clearing it out, I see that he later found what he was looking for anyway. I'll edit my post to not confuse people with wrong info. 

57 minutes ago, RsZ28 said:

Euh... So... How do I add cars to this mod to replace the placeholder cars/dummy cars and not change the cars that already in there? 'Cuz all the cars I d/l replace cars that were in the released game. That would be nice.

Rename the files, and don't use installers.

1 hour ago, Milli said:

Rename the files, and don't use installers.

Thank you. Just another tiny question. I have d/l a '70RR and a '70RR F&F hood. Is there a way to use the F&F one as a visual upgrade to the stock one when we tune them? I mean, I saw that some cars had 2-3 branchs to choose from when we upgraded them and that those branchs sometimes had different bodykits.

14 minutes ago, RsZ28 said:

Thank you. Just another tiny question. I have d/l a '70RR and a '70RR F&F hood. Is there a way to use the F&F one as a visual upgrade to the stock one when we tune them? I mean, I saw that some cars had 2-3 branchs to choose from when we upgraded them and that those branchs sometimes had different bodykits.

Yes it is. But i can't teach you how mod the game. As that's quite complex to set it up.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21