We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The mods looking really good. I bought the disc the other day to try the original mod and now im hyped for the new one. The only question i have is will all tuning slots be used this time? Its kind of a problem that with some cars only one slot was used and the rest kept the standard look and added power. Is it being done that the bodykits if only one will carry through all stages this time?

The mods looking really good. I bought the disc the other day to try the original mod and now im hyped for the new one. The only question i have is will all tuning slots be used this time? Its kind of a problem that with some cars only one slot was used and the rest kept the standard look and added power. Is it being done that the bodykits if only one will carry through all stages this time?

That was done on porpouse. I suggest you to modify the body of the car, and try to enter the tune shop again, with the modified vehicle. ;)

The tuning levels will be used for including other mods, not for simple tuning.

Only this way it is possible to get several hundreds of vehicles into the game.

Yes and no. Tuning won't be non-sense, like an A4 turning into a R8 via tuning. But you can access different versions of the "same car". Yes.

You already showed a Rocket Bunny FD when in the original mod there was only 2 kits for the standard FD (non spirit R). So we defo have some JDM lyf to look forward to. Also the muscle stuff looks good too, Test Drive always suited their muscle car choices in the later early games compared to the first super car stuff. So how many more bodykits are there? Any rough estimate upto now?

You already showed a Rocket Bunny FD when in the original mod there was only 2 kits for the standard FD (non spirit R). So we defo have some JDM lyf to look forward to. Also the muscle stuff looks good too, Test Drive always suited their muscle car choices in the later early games compared to the first super car stuff. So how many more bodykits are there? Any rough estimate upto now?

As it says in the first post of this thread, so far there are a total of 411 dealership vehicles, and 781 in total. That means 370 different vehicles only being accessible via tuning. Some are full-body kits, and others are just a small detail. But different, nonetheless.

Thank you very much for reliving this great game .. that for me was the one that gave more freedom of movement at the time and to this day one of my favorites ... I know that they have already asked you before but ... Is there a long way to go? I hope you can make time to finish it ... a cordial greeting and again thank you very much Milli

@Milli :jawdrop::woot::nailbiting::hungry::cry::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: THANK YOU for your hard work. I wish the same care was given to TDU2, it really deserves it as well. Anyway, I noticed the new 2018 Aston Martin vantage is not in the car list, will it be included? (it was already converted by Rulez or whatever his name is)

• 2 weeks later...

Great job! I haven't read all the thread tbh, but hope I won't repeat others. Now a few questions:

1) what about lighting mods? I noticed that weather and lighting configuration files are easily editable with notepad (though I haven't tried to edit it). A night mod maybe? :D

2) will the system requirements for this DLC (or pack, or ultrapack, or whatever :D) be the same as the original game? I mean for CPU and GPU.

3) will we have to reinstall the game or just replace the files? Will there be some kind of "update" pack for your patch? (bad english)

4) and of course new events, races for specific brands and other stuff like that would be cool...

Great job! I haven't read all the thread tbh, but hope I won't repeat others. Now a few questions:

1) what about lighting mods? I noticed that weather and lighting configuration files are easily editable with notepad (though I haven't tried to edit it). A night mod maybe? :D

2) will the system requirements for this DLC (or pack, or ultrapack, or whatever :D) be the same as the original game? I mean for CPU and GPU.

3) will we have to reinstall the game or just replace the files? Will there be some kind of "update" pack for your patch? (bad english)

4) and of course new events, races for specific brands and other stuff like that would be cool...

1 - TDU Platinum will feature an exclusive weather, yes. Not only the weather files, but also world textures have been changed and edited. Night mod won't happen because TDU doesn't support working headlights, plus, in the photomode, you can see the game shifts the time from 7am to 7pm.

2 - Yes and no. To run the game yes, but some vehicle mods are heavier, and they may cause lag and fps drops. So, it's recommended to have a better computer. :lol:

3 - Replace the files will do the job. And no, there won't be an update, because it is easier to upload it all again than hunt down only the "new" stuff. Yes, it is that different from UCP.

4 - Depends on what you say new. Create a new event is currently impossible, but i've edited some existing ones, and i do plan to edit more, including Car delivery missions and top model ones, by changing the vehicles you have to deliver and the requested ones by the models. I tried to change a race brand requirement, and it partially works, only issue is that it doesn't seem to change your restriction, when you try to change the vehicle inside the race lobby.

Like, i've managed to get a race to be Porsche only, AI drove Porsches and you could only race Porsches, but once you tried to change which Porsche you will use for the race, inside the race lobby, it only displayed Fords, which were the normal brand restriction in that race.

4 - Depends on what you say new. Create a new event is currently impossible, but i've edited some existing ones, and i do plan to edit more, including Car delivery missions and top model ones, by changing the vehicles you have to deliver and the requested ones by the models. I tried to change a race brand requirement, and it partially works, only issue is that it doesn't seem to change your restriction, when you try to change the vehicle inside the race lobby.

Like, i've managed to get a race to be Porsche only, AI drove Porsches and you could only race Porsches, but once you tried to change which Porsche you will use for the race, inside the race lobby, it only displayed Fords, which were the normal brand restriction in that race.

Can you enable race editor for offline mode/and make AI race with you on those tracks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21