We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Seen some discussion abouts mods and ethic. 

I want to share my experience in the modding community of another game, rFactor.

I'm a 3D artist, and was inspired on this path by the modding community of rFactor, that has strict rules: You can only upload mods that are completely made by you. Stolen 3D models are not accepted on official community, but can only be found on third party small websites. You cannot take a model from Forza and put it on Racedepartment or Driving Italia, for example. And this is true for any sim game. rFactor, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa and all the others.

Same thing about using other modders work. You cannot edit or use the work of another modder without his/hers approval.

That's the ethic I've been used to.

But then, there is also the matter that putting real cars in a sim racing game without the license of the manufacturer is also not totally ethical and legal... Technically, all of Formula 1 mods for rFactor should't exist, but they do and nobody cares about licenses. Luckily.

2 hours ago, X8X8X said:

Thank you for this amazing mod!! TDU is truly an amazing game, and you made it even better.

How can I add money to my (new) profile in this?

My advise is you need to grind like a man, get achievement points by completing races and side missions (check your progress in the house for more info) to unlock races that pays good amount of money in a short time, like speed races. By the time you get Champion badge there's a speed race that pays money that you can earn more than what you can spend. Good luck man!

8 hours ago, X8X8X said:

Thank you for this amazing mod!! TDU is truly an amazing game, and you made it even better.

Actually answering the question, search for a trainer but it is at your own risk, they are often malware, and i'm not gonna provide a link since i don't use them nor i want to

Thank you so much for the mod!

Tried it out just recently and I found some weird happenings.

- The Lamborghini Aventador at a car transport challenge near a Pagani dealer has a strange tachometer. On 3rd person view, the tachometer redline starts at 6000rpm, yet in the cockpit view the tachometer redline starts at 7500rpm. The car acceleration peaks somewhere close to 8000rpm so I think the latter tachometer is correct.

-The speedometer on BMW M3 E46 behaves erratically. When the car runs at 200kmh, it points on 300kmh. When the car goes beyond 200kmh the speedometer went out of limit.

- Found a red police car. Never found them in vanilla TDU.

- Some patrol cars ignore my cars completely in a 1-star pursuit as I drive past them from behind.

Also, can we do something about the invisible swimsuits?

Edited by ApexChaser

12 hours ago, Ztryka531 said:

My advise is you need to grind like a man, get achievement points by completing races and side missions (check your progress in the house for more info) to unlock races that pays good amount of money in a short time, like speed races. By the time you get Champion badge there's a speed race that pays money that you can earn more than what you can spend. Good luck man!

Thank you!

I tried trainers but they do not work on Project Paradise (as far as I know). I'll have to resort to an offlline profile unfortunately.

21 hours ago, X8X8X said:

You can use Cheat Engine, it's very easy. You can do it in several ways. I haven't used that in the longest time, so it may not be 100% accurate, however you'll be able to catch the logic.

Open the game and click "continue game", open cheat engine and look for the game in the app selection bar (I guess there is going to be one). I don't know if there will be a load function, if there is - click it. When the game's data is loaded, look for a "find" function. If it asks you the type of information you'd be searching select integer/int or numbers or however it may be listed, you will be looking for numbers. Then type in your money value, many results should show up. Now unminimize the game and do a short race, just so you win some money or spend some money on a car, your money just HAS to change. When you've won the race and received your reward, go back to cheat engine and and look for "find next" function. Type in your new money value there and results should drop down to 1 or 2. Now just edit the value (or two) which are left to your desired money amount (don't overdo it, 100 million is more than enough, game may have a limit which most likely is 2 bilion 147 million, but I don't know for sure). If there is an option to "freeze value" - you can click that too. Now go back in game, your money should have changed. If it has, go back to your house, so the game can save and turn off the game, turn off cheat engine and boot up the game again, you should have your cheated money there. 

I don't have to say this, but MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVES BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANYTHING!!!!!!! 

Also, what I have said may not be 100% correct or the same, since I haven't done anything with cheat engine for way over 5 years. You should be able to do it with this amount of info though. 

EDIT: There seem to be tons of videos about this. This guy does it by changing the reward amount for races, not the amount of money you have, which works the same way, so it wouldn't matter how exactly you do it. You can follow this video: 

Edited by kristiannn

13 hours ago, ApexChaser said:

Thank you so much for the mod!

Tried it out just recently and I found some weird happenings.

- The Lamborghini Aventador at a car transport challenge near a Pagani dealer has a strange tachometer. On 3rd person view, the tachometer redline starts at 6000rpm, yet in the cockpit view the tachometer redline starts at 7500rpm. The car acceleration peaks somewhere close to 8000rpm so I think the latter tachometer is correct.

-The speedometer on BMW M3 E46 behaves erratically. When the car runs at 200kmh, it points on 300kmh. When the car goes beyond 200kmh the speedometer went out of limit.

- Found a red police car. Never found them in vanilla TDU.

- Some patrol cars ignore my cars completely in a 1-star pursuit as I drive past them from behind.

Also, can we do something about the invisible swimsuits?

All "issues" regarding to the vehicles, such as speedometers, tachometers, nothing can be done about, even because vanilla TDU had such issues aswell.

The red police car is a glitch, to enable police traffic while online, so, they spawn in every traffic color, but with a white cover over them, as soon as you hit them, the white livery goes missing and reveal the color underneath.

7 hours ago, scr89 said:

Anyone knows how yo solve this problem ?

I have tried with other rima, but with 250 GTO And Shelby Daytona rims It still happens

1558529645541752586719080732846.jpg

Yes. You need a smaller Default Rim size. By the image, 2 inches smaller. 

1 minute ago, Norby931 said:

Just discovered this mod a few days ago. Nice job i must say! 🙂 Huge thanks for you and everyone who worked on this project. I also had a big smile on my face when i saw my mods too. Hard to believe that a more than 10 years old game still has such a community support like this. 👍

Thank you aswell, for providing such mods for everyone! You're part of Platinum. 😉 

My game crashes upon startup. I followed everything in the install guide. The base game opened fine, also when I installed the megapack. When I open with the launcher, It automatically crashes. I've already reinstalled once. Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, existia said:

My game crashes upon startup. I followed everything in the install guide. The base game opened fine, also when I installed the megapack. When I open with the launcher, It automatically crashes. I've already reinstalled once. Any suggestions?

Follow the video in the first post. It's easier to understand than the install guide.

Ok please forgive the stupid questions. I played TDU on XB back in the day and never the PC one

Whats Hardcore mode change? I never used it on XB360 since it was dlc, 

How do I enable it on pc? 

I see this "Solo Races (H-Mode)  thing in the launcher, what does it do?

As an aside any graphics mods I can/should run on top of this? Im on a high-end pc so nothing is off the table.

Edit - Ive run into an issue where the mouse isnt working to click on things at all... Should I be using the community patch or a specific version of the game? im on an early build I think...

Edited by Nexxus

4 hours ago, Nexxus said:

Ok please forgive the stupid questions. I played TDU on XB back in the day and never the PC one

Whats Hardcore mode change? I never used it on XB360 since it was dlc, 

How do I enable it on pc? 

I see this "Solo Races (H-Mode)  thing in the launcher, what does it do?

As an aside any graphics mods I can/should run on top of this? Im on a high-end pc so nothing is off the table.

Edit - Ive run into an issue where the mouse isnt working to click on things at all... Should I be using the community patch or a specific version of the game? im on an early build I think...

Hardcore Mode changes driving style to more simulator one.

To enable it you have to get Champion Level first, then activate it in menu.

This option allows to take part in races against bots with Hardcore Mode turned on (normally you have only free-roam)

Your PC will easily run this, since even o dual-core CPU works like charm

Have you installed latest 1.0.5 patch?

Failrace(one of a youtuber) drives my attention towards this game and my god that is awesome!

There are only two problems that bugs me the most. First, the classic cars always have a mismatch aftermarket wheels that it does not fit the car at all. Second, when tuning the car (to another one), it also changes my wheel to another.

Is there any tools I can edit the rim of my car in my garage?

5 hours ago, Danmark said:

Hardcore Mode changes driving style to more simulator one.

To enable it you have to get Champion Level first, then activate it in menu.

This option allows to take part in races against bots with Hardcore Mode turned on (normally you have only free-roam)

Your PC will easily run this, since even o dual-core CPU works like charm

Have you installed latest 1.0.5 patch?

I have Version 1.0.5 of the mod, dunno what my game version is.

57 minutes ago, brianjai said:

Failrace(one of a youtuber) drives my attention towards this game and my god that is awesome!

There are only two problems that bugs me the most. First, the classic cars always have a mismatch aftermarket wheels that it does not fit the car at all. Second, when tuning the car (to another one), it also changes my wheel to another.

Is there any tools I can edit the rim of my car in my garage?

You must wait the classic car appear with the stock rims, or with the rims you want. They are basically 2nd hand cars, so they randomize the options when available. 

Tuning the car usually change the wheels if you bough it with "stock" rims, or if the new "modded" car doesn't work with the rims you bough it with. 

Ex: GT86 and GT86 Rocket Bunny.  The Rocket Bunny kit doesn't work with any rims but it's own. Other rims would make it be displayed without tires. 

And no, you can't change the rims of already bought cars. 

4 hours ago, dareios87 said:

Hi there, one question: 458 Liberty Walk is mentioned in car list files, but the 458 stock doesn't have this kit in tune shop. Is there any other 458 version in game that supports LB upgrade?

Liberty Walk 458 was removed by the request of the original modder. It was a private mod that got leaked. So, no.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21