Jump to content
We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, alpi11 said:

Hello Milli, I love your mod. Im preparing a lap times (Racetrack near airport) table in Excel. I have tried 369 cars so far. I have tried each car about 20 times ( No traction control, no assists, shifter with clutch). I'll drop the list when it's done. But some cars have unrealistic handling;

1-Ruf ctr2 ; Very bad performance.. tires spin in all gears and the vehicle does not gain speed at all.

2-Bugatti Veyron ; cornering performance very bad. 1970 charger turns even faster than veyron. Also Veyron Super Sport is turning very well but it doesnt grip the road.

3- Everything is wrong with Murcielago lp640 & lp670 & reventon. Tires don't grip on to the road. The car is going like an RWD also no grip. Very underrated performance. Slr Mclaren & 722 is a little bit underrated too. 

That's amazing! You're truly dedicated, but keep in mind that the murci is pretty much rwd considering the power distribution 70%R 30%F and that the slr is a 1800kg chonker.

Edited by Bonzi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to re-discover the island of Oahu. TDU Platinum pursue the objective to be more than a collection of many different mods in a pack, the objective is to deliver a whole new experience, a who

Guys, progress is happening, at slow pace, since i have even less free time, but TDU Platinum v2.0 (a.k.a former update 1.13 that grew enough to be called v2.0) is happening. 

BOOM!   Check OP for download links.    

Posted Images

4 hours ago, alpi11 said:

Hello Milli, I love your mod. Im preparing a lap times (Racetrack near airport) table in Excel. I have tried 369 cars so far. I have tried each car about 20 times ( No traction control, no assists, shifter with clutch). I'll drop the list when it's done. But some cars have unrealistic handling;

1-Ruf ctr2 ; Very bad performance.. tires spin in all gears and the vehicle does not gain speed at all.

2-Bugatti Veyron ; cornering performance very bad. 1970 charger turns even faster than veyron. Also Veyron Super Sport is turning very well but it doesnt grip the road.

3- Everything is wrong with Murcielago lp640 & lp670 & reventon. Tires don't grip on to the road. The car is going like an RWD also no grip. Very underrated performance. Slr Mclaren & 722 is a little bit underrated too. 

It is meant to be driven in Hardcore mode. Plus, how can you tell they are unrealistic? 

I based the handling on my experience with Gran Turismo, as i have countless hours on the series. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The picture is just an example of some cars. As you can see there is 7 seconds gap between Carrera gt and Lp640. 

Lap times at Nürburgring Nordschleife;

LP640 = 7:40.000 

Slr Mclaren = 7:40.000

Carrera GT = 7:29.000

As you can see these 3 cars have the same performance. Our race track is 5 times smaller than nordschleife. The difference between Cgt and Lp640 must be 2 seconds. That's why I say Murcielago and Slr is underrated (Tires are so slippery when you push the murcielago's to the maximum performance)

uuu.jpg

Edited by alpi11
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 6:51 AM, alpi11 said:

The picture is just an example of some cars. As you can see there is 7 seconds gap between Carrera gt and Lp640. 

Lap times at Nürburgring Nordschleife;

LP640 = 7:40.000 

Slr Mclaren = 7:40.000

Carrera GT = 7:29.000

As you can see these 3 cars have the same performance. Our race track is 5 times smaller than nordschleife. The difference between Cgt and Lp640 must be 2 seconds. That's why I say Murcielago and Slr is underrated (Tires are so slippery when you push the murcielago's to the maximum performance)

uuu.jpg

That is not how it works at all. Each track may have a different settings. Some tracks are better for cars with cornering speeds, while others for sheer speed. Regardless their sizes. 

For instance, Monza is a track that cars with straight line speed will do well, which is not the case of Monaco.  Plus, how you deal with these cars also matters. 

Also, again, are these lap times done in hardcore mode?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Milli! The girlfriend and I just wanted to say a "Big Thank You" for everything you have done with this Platinum Mod and with the latest update. The girlfriend and I are both newbies to this game and have been playing the original game throughout the winter months and she stumbled across the Platinum Mod and we were both a little nervous about downloading the Platinum Mod for this game but we are both sooo happy that we did. We are enjoying this Platinum Mod immensely for the last week and so far everything looks great and works perfectly. The only thing I have noticed so far when using her profile is when she tried to buy swimsuits lol. The swimsuits are invisible and when you buy one the character becomes invisible. Mind you we don't really care that much about the swimsuits because who really drives in a swimsuit lol but I thought I would mention it. Besides that everything seems absolutely awesome.

We can only imagine the endless hours it must have taken to put all of this together and because of that you have our deepest respect and love. We are having soooo much fun playing this game. The only other problem I have ... is getting the controller from her hands so that I can play too hehehe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Milli said:

The swinsuit is unfinished stuff from Atari. Sadly, when you make the normal clothes being accessible on bikes, you also have access to unfinished stuff. 

Also, yeah, this whole process of modding TDU started in August 2016. Lol 

Also, i am glad, really glad that you guys are enjoying it. This is what keeps me motivated to keep working on it, trying to make it even better. 

If you trying to make it better please update, because instead of listening to me you oppose but I just feedback to you . And no not hardcore mode, it is normal game mode with all assist's are off. Im driving automatic for automatic cars. Driving paddle shift for paddle shifting cars. Driving manual+clutch for manual cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alpi11 said:

If you trying to make it better please update, because instead of listening to me you oppose but I just feedback to you . And no not hardcore mode, it is normal game mode with all assist's are off. Im driving automatic for automatic cars. Driving paddle shift for paddle shifting cars. Driving manual+clutch for manual cars.

Perhaps you should recognize, that TDU is not a simulation, like Project Cars.
If you want correct values / behavior at all, you should move on to these games.
TDU is an arcade game, just for some fun. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nexxus said:

Just wondering how the progress for 2.0 is coming, wanting to install this on my new machine but saw that and thought of waiting.

You do not need to wait, the update was a small patch file, so i guess when/if new version will be out, you will not need to download all that gigabytes again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, alpi11 said:

If you trying to make it better please update, because instead of listening to me you oppose but I just feedback to you . And no not hardcore mode, it is normal game mode with all assist's are off. Im driving automatic for automatic cars. Driving paddle shift for paddle shifting cars. Driving manual+clutch for manual cars.

Then drive in Hardcore mode. All car physics were made for it. 

1 hour ago, postcd said:

You do not need to wait, the update was a small patch file, so i guess when/if new version will be out, you will not need to download all that gigabytes again.

Yes, v2.0 will be the whole thing again. Due to size.

15 hours ago, Nexxus said:

Just wondering how the progress for 2.0 is coming, wanting to install this on my new machine but saw that and thought of waiting.

It is really slow. I don't recommend waiting for it. It will take a long time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've just tried this mod. Have few problems so far:

  1. If I enable fuel mode, after loading into the game, the screen goes so bright for few seconds, then crashes to desktop. After disabling fuel mode, it runs normally.
  2. After the game closed, it can't start again. That's 2 sec of black screen when I double click the game .exe, or run from project paradise. This happens even for the vanilla game, so I think not related to Platinum.
  3. When I alt-tab out to desktop, and alt-tab back in game, it becomes black screen with window border. I heard in game sound but nothing works, even things in desktop got stuck. I have to kill TDU in task manager. Again, not sure if this is vanilla's problem...

(EDIT): #1 fuel mode only crash in car. e.g. if the game loads to apartments it's fine, but as soon as I leave, it crashes.

Is the 1.66A official patch not needed? coz I didn't install it. 

The biggest problem is #2, as I can't run the game unless I re-install the whole thing again... anyone knows a fix? Thanks in advance

Edited by Gausson
More info about fuel mode issue.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gausson said:

Hi, I've just tried this mod. Have few problems so far:

  1. If I enable fuel mode, after loading into the game, the screen goes so bright for few seconds, then crashes to desktop. After disabling fuel mode, it runs normally.
  2. After the game closed, it can't start again. That's 2 sec of black screen when I double click the game .exe, or run from project paradise. This happens even for the vanilla game, so I think not related to Platinum.
  3. When I alt-tab out to desktop, and alt-tab back in game, it becomes black screen with window border. I heard in game sound but nothing works, even things in desktop got stuck. I have to kill TDU in task manager. Again, not sure if this is vanilla's problem...

(EDIT): #1 fuel mode only crash in car. e.g. if the game loads to apartments it's fine, but as soon as I leave, it crashes.

Is the 1.66A official patch not needed? coz I didn't install it. 

The biggest problem is #2, as I can't run the game unless I re-install the whole thing again... anyone knows a fix? Thanks in advance

Cannot say about #2 and #1, but #3 happens to me as well. I think it might be because the game's old.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

#3 happens to me as well. I think it might be because the game's old.

I've managed to workaround it by choosing windowed mode in Paradise launcher. Then use borderless full screen app (I use borderless gaming in steam). It works well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

I have a question.

There was mentioned on first post that thre is 800 cars but only ~50% listed.
How i can check all otheres hidden vehicles? 

That cars are accesible by tuning existing vehicles or can be unlocked other way?
Someone can explain how it actually works?

Edited by Debosy
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DOOMSTUCK said:

I downloaded game and platinum mod but TDU servers are unavailable. I can't see players on map. How can I fix?

Maybe this is not the solution, but check this:

Quote

6) launch "TDU - Project Paradise Launcher" exe file, because stock exe file will fail to connect new TDU1 multiplayer server/s!

7) select your existing online profile in the game (if not have one, create new). Confirm that the nickname is valid. Tick the tickbox of GameSpy. Do NOT touch/modify your email and password. And execute.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ques

11 hours ago, DOOMSTUCK said:

Essentially, I always start TDU with 'Project Paradise Launcher.exe' file. I have a question. I have a profile and just I have to tick the tickbox, is that all?

Are you sure your profile is an online one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello good Morning. I have little problem with the mod. When I participate in a race and reach the finish line, the game does not let me advance, the "next" button does not work. Is there any solution? give me hope please, I really like this mod and I don't want to get to the point of uninstalling the game 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...