We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Yeah seriously thanks a TON Milli, I can't express how grateful I am to see old familiar faces here still keeping this series alive!

Now, if I could just get the game to work correctly! It was working up until a few weeks back and I couldn't get that first race working to proceed online, then added some files somebody suggested to add online and not working. Oh well it is worth a full reinstall for this now.

Oh and also, about ENBSeries, you can use an injector to get it working but it is a PITA. I did that to get ReShade working. It just maybe isn't super easy for most end users to get to working. I might adapt as tutorial I found online for another game to make it work for this game and the Paradise launcher.

Edited by Anthony817

30 minutes ago, Anthony817 said:

Yeah seriously thanks a TON Milli, I can't express how grateful I am to see old familiar faces here still keeping this series alive!

Now, if I could just get the game to work correctly! It was working up until a few weeks back and I couldn't get that first race working to proceed online, then added some files somebody suggested to add online and not working. Oh well it is worth a full reinstall for this now.

Oh and also, about ENBSeries, you can use an injector to get it working but it is a PITA. I did that to get ReShade working. It just maybe isn't super easy for most end users to get to working. I might adapt as tutorial I found online for another game to make it work for this game and the Paradise launcher.

First race issue is easy and known fix. Just copy the folder "ige" inside the Euro/bnk folder. TDU Platinum files already have them.

About the ENB, it doesn't matter, it's not really necessary as i enhanced the graphics the hard way, by editing weather files, fx files and textures. Lol

Wow, just gave it a try and got it working right away! I was able to win the first race and I saw people online! Super beautiful version of the game! It will be really hard to improve upon it further! The new textures are beautiful!

I especially loved the Retro Wave radio station! Some classics on there I haven't listened to for a while like Tesla Boy and Kavinsky!

Guest shall-h00n

Hey there, first time posting here now that this mod is released. I've been following the development for a long time, just wanted to say thank you for improving this game so much. It works nicely 🙂 It crashed once, when I completed a race and I wasn't able to continue or click anything, but it saved my progress when I quit the game so no biggie.

One problem I'm still having though are invisible cars on the road. That happens in modded and un-modded version of the game. Randomly crashing into a car that's not showing up. Is this because of No-CD executable I'm using? Mind you, I do have original copy of the game for more than 10 years now, but I had to copy install files from CD to external hard drive because my new laptop does not have DVD drive and I have no other choice to play the game but to use cracked executable. In the past I just deleted "traffic" map from the game folder but that becomes boring very quickly, cuz apart from NPC's driving their cars around there's nothing anywhere. Also, is there a possibility for me to try multiplayer? I'm fine with singleplayer but I've never played this game online and I kinda want to see how it is

So thanks again 🙂 And if you know a solution to my problem also thanks in advance!

Hmm, I'm the only one with the top half of the GPS/Radar slightly brighter than the lower half? Edit: Nvm I fixed that by downloading the OG HUD with the Hardcore Icon removed.

Other than that and music (because I'm a picky sob and I can just delet anyway), perfection.

Edited by BDawg

1 hour ago, Guest shall-h00n said:

Hey there, first time posting here now that this mod is released. I've been following the development for a long time, just wanted to say thank you for improving this game so much. It works nicely 🙂 It crashed once, when I completed a race and I wasn't able to continue or click anything, but it saved my progress when I quit the game so no biggie.

One problem I'm still having though are invisible cars on the road. That happens in modded and un-modded version of the game. Randomly crashing into a car that's not showing up. Is this because of No-CD executable I'm using? Mind you, I do have original copy of the game for more than 10 years now, but I had to copy install files from CD to external hard drive because my new laptop does not have DVD drive and I have no other choice to play the game but to use cracked executable. In the past I just deleted "traffic" map from the game folder but that becomes boring very quickly, cuz apart from NPC's driving their cars around there's nothing anywhere. Also, is there a possibility for me to try multiplayer? I'm fine with singleplayer but I've never played this game online and I kinda want to see how it is

So thanks again 🙂 And if you know a solution to my problem also thanks in advance!

Limit your FPS to 60. You can do that by enabling V-Sync in the Project Paradise launcher. 

Traffic goes crazy in this game if FPS is above 60. It seems like they made calculations rely on frames, not time. Therefore, game runs differently on different systems. Try the 60 FPS limit, it fixed it for me. 

2 hours ago, umisery said:

Edit: Game just crashed in the dealership, not sure what's wrong as I followed the instructions for installation properly.

Is it normal for cars not to appear at rental and dealerships? What I'm talking about:  -img-

Usually that is a problem with bigbnk not being activated in the Project Paradise Launcher. 

1 hour ago, rigo558 said:

y como se instala

Please speak english here in the forums. And there is a install.txt inside the .zip

1 hour ago, BDawg said:

Hmm, I'm the only one with the top half of the GPS/Radar slightly brighter than the lower half? Edit: Nvm I fixed that by downloading the OG HUD with the Hardcore Icon removed.

Other than that and music (because I'm a picky sob and I can just delet anyway), perfection.

That was the " screen effect" i did. It's not a bug, if you notice the GPS is different as a whole. Similar, but different. Lol  Sad you removed. 😢  Glad you're enjoying it though.

1 hour ago, Guest shall-h00n said:

As @kristiannn pointed out, limit your fps to 60, by enabling v-sync.   TDU is an old game, it doesn't work well with high fps.

35 minutes ago, umisery said:

Edit: Fixed! Disabled compatibility mode and everything works perfectly now 😄

Reinstalled - now game doesn't start with d3d9.dll in the game folder  🤔

Do you have MSI Afterburner running? Any overlay display may create issues with d3d9 injections. Try closing them. 

If it works without MSI Afterburner running, go to "Riva Tuner" (it's in your bar next to the clock while MSI Afterburner is running). There's an option in there called "Custom Direct3D Support", see if it works after enabling it.  

Edited by kristiannn

Well, this is the case

happens that when I install the game does not run as it should be, I do not see all the cars only a minimum amount and as much as the names and the physics of the cars are not correct, for example, the mazda miata has the name and the physical and the camera of the saturated sky and this happens with other cars has the physics of the base car and not the replaced one and I regret that I can not put a screenshot but not with the ucp I do not spend anything similar but it is not the first time, what happens to me, the same thing happens with the horizon of tdu forza and reincarnation.

I'm using a translator, I hope you understand

Really a good job! Thank you. 

NFS Porsche music is awesome among racing games, good choise. 

I would like to ask how to show the g-meter with the tyres and dampers layout that I have seen on the "Handling Test Hardcore Mode" videos and on the other hand if Hardcore Mode is simply no driving aids selected or there is really a Hardcore Mode to configure

Thank you in advance.

Cheers 

Edited by ferisanse

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21