We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Congrats on your achievement, Milli. 😛

I'm really admiring everything you did for the mod. I was expecting it to be just a car pack, but you added so much more stuff. I wasn't expecting something up to this caliber, so suffice to say you made me a very impressed girl. 🙂

Now the only thing that still disappoints me is the limited wardrobe choice for characters, especially female ones, lol. I always like imagining my characters a certain way (example: the girl pictured in my avatar), but can never make a character in TDU that looks exactly how I envision her. Is it even possible to add custom outfits to the game? I know that UCP and Platinum adds "swimsuits", yet those look completely invisible for me.

Edited by Tadpole

Hi Milli. A quick question. I did a clean install and so far the game is running ok, but everytime I try and mod a car, especially upgrade ones the game does not load and gives me an error message. So far I have been trying with Koenigsegg Regera. I want to change it so that I have the CC8S on the first Regera then have it upgrade to all the other versions succesively, e.g. CCR, CCX, CCXR, Agera, Agera R, One:1 and then Regera. Is there any way I can solve this?

After a few hours playing, i have to say, what a colossal work! The cars, cameras, radio, etc... Amazing. 

I've to be honest, i also prefer the previous physics, specially on Supra. So, i got find a way to have previous physics keeping all this cars 😅 it will not be easy.

But again, congratulations! 

Guest Guest

Also, my game crashes if I enter the map after finishing a race:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    TestDriveUnlimited.exe
  Application Version:    1.1.66.1
  Application Timestamp:    468e36be
  Fault Module Name:    TestDriveUnlimited.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.1.66.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:    468e36be
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    001f2362
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    7ac4
  Additional Information 2:    7ac47195880017f5d20300bda39ad8b0
  Additional Information 3:    76d0
  Additional Information 4:    76d0a0d14cdb26ef13f5282a455f5973

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My PC specs are

AMD A66400K CPU
8GB RAM

AMD RADEON 8470 GPU latest available driver installed.

Fresh install, no other mods. Using the HD unlimited patch

The crash has consistently repeated with the same trigger condition

10 hours ago, kristiannn said:

Do you have MSI Afterburner running? Any overlay display may create issues with d3d9 injections. Try closing them. 

If it works without MSI Afterburner running, go to "Riva Tuner" (it's in your bar next to the clock while MSI Afterburner is running). There's an option in there called "Custom Direct3D Support", see if it works after enabling it.  

I do, that worked as well. Thanks very much!

Also wondering if I can install mods over Platinum or will they cause problems? Such as these:

i've been playing for a couple of minutes and i'm already loving how the game feels now, it's like a completely new game, i absolutely love it, i just created this account a couple of months ago to follow the progress, i'm in love with the retrowave radio station, the only problem i've experienced is the alt+tab bug, but that's been a problem since UCP if i recall correctly, but other than that, it's simply perfect, it's great to see people making this kind of work for free, thank's milli, i'm in love with the game again like i was when i first played

1 minute ago, Noire said:

i've been playing for a couple of minutes and i'm already loving how the game feels now, it's like a completely new game, i absolutely love it, i just created this account a couple of months ago to follow the progress, i'm in love with the retrowave radio station, the only problem i've experienced is the alt+tab bug, but that's been a problem since UCP if i recall correctly, but other than that, it's simply perfect, it's great to see people making this kind of work for free, thank's milli, i'm in love with the game again like i was when i first played

So, far, I've managed to avoid the bug by pressing P, then Esc, to pause the game twice before alt-tabbing. So far. Maybe I just got tremendously lucky.

Congratulations on the release of the mod Milli, works great so far except I noticed you included a file that'll allow you to buy any car, disabling the cost/pricing of any car (the DB.bnk), this file apparently doesn't function as its intended. It simply just doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Noire said:

it actually works lmao, i have tried it like 20 times in a row, and other 20 times after a couple of minutes and it worked

Neat! Great to hear it's an actual solution instead of just pure luck. 😛

14 minutes ago, Guest mzry said:

Congratulations on the release of the mod Milli, works great so far except I noticed you included a file that'll allow you to buy any car, disabling the cost/pricing of any car (the DB.bnk), this file apparently doesn't function as its intended. It simply just doesn't work.

That file is only supposed to work for the cars you get as a reward for achievements, I think. Like the Volkswagen W12. It's not for all cars, or that would be pretty broken. 😛

1 hour ago, umisery said:

I do, that worked as well. Thanks very much!

Also wondering if I can install mods over Platinum or will they cause problems? Such as these:

Both should work fine. At least for the first one, I can confirm that it works. 

50 minutes ago, Noire said:

As @Tadpole said, pausing helps. I've also noticed that it's usually when there are other players connected to you when it bugs, so there's a lower chance of breaking if you're in a menu or paused. However, it's not a guarantee. You may get unlucky. 😁

@Milli

Thank you so much for this release and ofc, everyone involved!

This will breath new life to a game I loved back when released. Thank you ALL of you!

@umisery

While both of those mods work, the Hawaiian Bliss on shares the same files as the "HDU" mod (The one that increases draw distance.)

So, you won't be able to use that one.

If someone can unpack the Hawaiian Bliss and add the enhanced draw distance, it would be lovely. I don't have a minimum of a clue to unpack the BNK files to do it myself.

18 hours ago, rigo558 said:

Well, this is the case

happens that when I install the game does not run as it should be, I do not see all the cars only a minimum amount and as much as the names and the physics of the cars are not correct, for example, the mazda miata has the name and the physical and the camera of the saturated sky and this happens with other cars has the physics of the base car and not the replaced one and I regret that I can not put a screenshot but not with the ucp I do not spend anything similar but it is not the first time, what happens to me, the same thing happens with the horizon of tdu forza and reincarnation.

I'm using a translator, I hope you understand

It's not correctly installed. Did you tried to install something after you added Platinum? 

17 hours ago, Jusmar said:

I love this so much, to only thing I'd change so far is having just the OG soundtrack. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to mod that back?

Also the use of NFS:PU music in the menu made me nostalgia even harder. You guys are awesome.

The .mp3 files are located inside the folder Euro/Radio, put the original files there.  And what controls the radio stations, are the files located inside the folder Euro/Bnk/Sound/Radio.  Also revert them back by copying the original files.

That will rever the radio stations. Now, if you mean the background songs, they are all located inside the folder Euro/Bnk/Sound/Musics

16 hours ago, ferisanse said:

Really a good job! Thank you. 

NFS Porsche music is awesome among racing games, good choise. 

I would like to ask how to show the g-meter with the tyres and dampers layout that I have seen on the "Handling Test Hardcore Mode" videos and on the other hand if Hardcore Mode is simply no driving aids selected or there is really a Hardcore Mode to configure

Thank you in advance.

Cheers 

Hardcore mode is unlocked once you achieve "Champion" level in the game. You can start it before you click on "Continue Game", in the main menu.  Only there you can see the g-meter, by pressing ctrl+g.   Basically, Hardcore Mode is pure TDU physics, it is not recommended to be played if you're using a keyboard, because the car behaviour is way more complex, as weight balance and transfer has a bigger role.

13 hours ago, Diablo/Eudemon said:

What a successful release, I just want to let you know the most online counter at the bottom of forum hit new record due to the launch, applaud to @Milli

-gif-

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Tadpole said:

Congrats on your achievement, Milli. 😛

I'm really admiring everything you did for the mod. I was expecting it to be just a car pack, but you added so much more stuff. I wasn't expecting something up to this caliber, so suffice to say you made me a very impressed girl. 🙂

Now the only thing that still disappoints me is the limited wardrobe choice for characters, especially female ones, lol. I always like imagining my characters a certain way (example: the girl pictured in my avatar), but can never make a character in TDU that looks exactly how I envision her. Is it even possible to add custom outfits to the game? I know that UCP and Platinum adds "swimsuits", yet those look completely invisible for me.

The Swimsuits are enabled by patch 1.68b, and i tried to make them useful, although, i couldn't.  TDU clothing modding is complex, as you must model them in 3D. So... yeah, we will have to stuck with TDU clothes untill someone finds out how to mod them. Lol

13 hours ago, africolombiano said:

Hi Milli. A quick question. I did a clean install and so far the game is running ok, but everytime I try and mod a car, especially upgrade ones the game does not load and gives me an error message. So far I have been trying with Koenigsegg Regera. I want to change it so that I have the CC8S on the first Regera then have it upgrade to all the other versions succesively, e.g. CCR, CCX, CCXR, Agera, Agera R, One:1 and then Regera. Is there any way I can solve this?

Did you make any changes before the error? Or the error is happening at "vanilla" Platinum? 

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hello! Thanks for all the work invested!

One question, is the car's shadow supposed to be incredibly dark and solid?

Yes, that's normal TDU. It's a 2006 game... lol

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Also, my game crashes if I enter the map after finishing a race:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    TestDriveUnlimited.exe
  Application Version:    1.1.66.1
  Application Timestamp:    468e36be
  Fault Module Name:    TestDriveUnlimited.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.1.66.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:    468e36be
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    001f2362
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    7ac4
  Additional Information 2:    7ac47195880017f5d20300bda39ad8b0
  Additional Information 3:    76d0
  Additional Information 4:    76d0a0d14cdb26ef13f5282a455f5973

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My PC specs are

AMD A66400K CPU
8GB RAM

AMD RADEON 8470 GPU latest available driver installed.

Fresh install, no other mods. Using the HD unlimited patch

The crash has consistently repeated with the same trigger condition

I have no clue what is the problem here. Sorry.  I'd suggest a reinstall... 

9 hours ago, Noire said:

... i'm in love with the game again like i was when i first played

That, was really nice to read. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, SkyNET said:

@Milli

Thank you so much for this release and ofc, everyone involved!

This will breath new life to a game I loved back when released. Thank you ALL of you!

@umisery

While both of those mods work, the Hawaiian Bliss on shares the same files as the "HDU" mod (The one that increases draw distance.)

So, you won't be able to use that one.

If someone can unpack the Hawaiian Bliss and add the enhanced draw distance, it would be lovely. I don't have a minimum of a clue to unpack the BNK files to do it myself.

Hawaiian Bliss does include HD300. I could make you a version with HDU, however the game may become too heavy. I'm on a laptop with a 960m and HD300 is the maximum it can handle before dropping below 60 FPS. Either way, if you want to try HDU - tell me and I'll rar you a copy. 

43 minutes ago, kristiannn said:

Hawaiian Bliss does include HD300. I could make you a version with HDU, however the game may become too heavy. I'm on a laptop with a 960m and HD300 is the maximum it can handle before dropping below 60 FPS. Either way, if you want to try HDU - tell me and I'll rar you a copy. 

Yes, please, that would be lovely!

1 hour ago, fatal said:

I've just started a new profile, and I must say the mod is amazing. 🙂

I've noticed one thing though, the voice at the start on the airport was russian. Can I restore back the original English somehow? 🙂

Yes. You need the files located inside the folder Euro/Bnk/Sound/Voices of a normal TDU.  If you installed Platinum over a TDU Gold based game, it will have russian sound files.

Guest shall-h00n

Hey, me again. Are there supposed to be new bikes with mod? Cuz I have 2 custom dealers on map showing bikes for sale, 5 each, there's also BMW bike shop, but when I go in them, BMW shop shows me cars instead of bikes, and these two custom shops both have 5 identical cars named TDU Custom Car and a number at the end. Same specs, same price for everyone. I too have Gold version of the game, might that be a problem? Apart from that, nothing else, runs as expected, invisible cars are no more after Vsync enabled, thanks 🙂

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21