We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

14 hours ago, Milli said:

Not the first one to notice that. 

Again, that problem is with the car file, it happens because who created the car did not set the passenger position. There is nothing i can do about it, as i would need to HEX unlock the car file, which is seen as mod theft by the community.  It was either that, or remove the car from the game, which would you choose? 

Genuine question; since the majority of car mods are models pirated from a plethora of licensed games without any permissions, what is wrong with modifying them further? None of the mod authors own the rights or licenses to the cars and/or models in question in the cases of them being ripped from Forza, Need For Speed, Gran Turismo, etc. etc. so why should anyone care about nonsense "mod theft" which doesn't make sense in the first place?

Guys! I used to download mods here a long time ago! I'm really happy to see that almost 10 years after I stopped playing TDU there's still a strong community and great mods like these!

Off course I download the mod and did everything as the read-me files, but I'm facing problems to start the game! Could you help me? It doesn't get any far from the "connecting" screen! I've already disabled my firewall but nothing changes...

Is there some sort of complete car list somewhere? Because I understand that some models will actually chance when upgraded.

For instance: you have to upgrade the Porsche 991.2 Carrera S to obtain the GT2 RS (991.2).

Is there any complete list showing what model needs to be bought first before upgrading it to the desired model?

1 hour ago, ///Λquarious said:

Is there some sort of complete car list somewhere? Because I understand that some models will actually chance when upgraded.

For instance: you have to upgrade the Porsche 991.2 Carrera S to obtain the GT2 RS (991.2).

Is there any complete list showing what model needs to be bought first before upgrading it to the desired model?

I don't think so, because it is intended, that you have to rediscover the game.
If all people would know all content, that would destroy the fun for the most.

Firstly, thank you for great mode! I especially like car delivery missions with new cars. 

I have little problem, and I didnt find any reason or solution anywhere. I already completed 10 car missions. But now I have problem, that during another car mission, i get massive lags, so the game is unplayable. It firstly appeared in mission with Pontiac Firebird and than also in mission with Trueno. 

Free roam, hitchhiker missions and races seems to be OK. 

Anyone with similar bug?

Thank you.

23 hours ago, Milli said:

Because people spend hours of their free time, working and converting cars to TDU, so people can download them for free.  This is exactly what ended TDU modding community, this sort of lack of respect for the time spent doing something for the people.  Everyone grew fed up with having their mods open, edited and re-posted as someone's else work. 

It's not much different if someone downloads Platinum, change 1 car, and reupload it as like, TDU ultimate or whatever the name, without even mention Platinum at all. I sure will not feel happy about it. 

But what's disrecpectful about fixing a bug inside a mod as long as you don't take credit for the whole mod? And yes, importing models from other games is theft. Modders don't ask the devs permission to import their models

1 hour ago, Sacam said:

But what's disrecpectful about fixing a bug inside a mod as long as you don't take credit for the whole mod? And yes, importing models from other games is theft. Modders don't ask the devs permission to import their models

Because as a general rule, it keeps the modding community healthy. It results in less idiots messing with others projects and creating unnecessary disputes that way.

And secondly, piracy is not theft, it's copyright infringement.. but regardless, any concerns about morality are irrelevant because each modding community gets to decide what it's own rules are. Even in the topsite piracy scene, there are even much stricter rules that warez groups must abide by, comparatively.

So, just be happy with what you get for free.

Hey @Milli I was enjoying this wonderful game and witnessed a curious fact!!!!

Lately they have been spawning, police vehicles, but just like a common traffic car. And when I hit them, they change color...

So I wanted to know, about the police spawn as common traffic, is this a bug or was it intentional??

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

2 hours ago, Dragonforce said:

Lately they have been spawning, police vehicles, but just like a common traffic car. And when I hit them, they change color...

So I wanted to know, about the police spawn as common traffic, is this a bug or was it intentional??

-imgs-

That happens because the police textures.  It's a bug with the original police file, and maybe that's why they were "removed" as traffic from the game.

2 hours ago, nielsemans said:

I love the mod! Totally forgot about TDU but this makes me play it again. I was wondering if there is a possibility to make a wireless xbox one controller work? It connects to my computer via the xbox one dongle

Did you try it yet? Xbox1 drivers should connect because they're xinput. But if they don't, try x360ce, 32-bit build.

Edited by TDU Iceman

I try to create my own sound mod for the Nissan 300ZX using the samples I recorded from GT Sport. I did some test and replaced 350Z_offlow.wav with TDU Modding Tools, now the car doesnt have sound. What could be causing that? Too high file size perhaps?

Edited by VX97

13 hours ago, Dragonforce said:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, that's a feature. It was implemented way back, with an old patch, I think. They did it so cops can show up during online gameplay or something.

Edited by AlexJ96
Typo

10 hours ago, Milli said:

That happens because the police textures.  It's a bug with the original police file, and maybe that's why they were "removed" as traffic from the game.

Didn't see your reply. Thought no one has replied yet. 

Anyway, I was here for a question. I can't seem to get the Aventador SV to do 0-100km/h in less than 3 sexonds, no matter how much I try. It's no big deal but it just kinda annoys me. Especially when it's supposed to do it faster than 3 or 3.1 seconds. I'm using a keyboard and Sport mode, if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by AlexJ96
Forgot a space

@Milli #bugReport

First of all, thanks. Thanks a lot for this massive work. I found it casually surfing youtube, and saw a video about it. It basically made me start a new game on TDU since 2012, probably. And since I started yesterdaay, I could not stop playing it, because the sheer amount of new content in amazing, and I found again that amazement in exploring the game to find the car of my dreams (I didn't read the car list to not spoil any surprise). So thank you a lot for all this hard work.

But now, for the bug report, I'm having a strange issue, apart from the bug at race ending (stuck in the winning screen, but with interior view, not bothering since it happened only in one race (twice, maybe a problem with that race in particular), and it still saved the result). The biggest (and only) serious problem happens while I drive my Skyline R32. The game, after 15-20 minutes of play, suddenly lose frames (It start playing at 2-3 frames per seconds), and became unplayable. I can only manage to quit game, if it does't crash before I reach the "Exit" in the menu.

For now, I have tried messing with the HD, SD or OFF in the fx tweak in the launcer, rebooting my pc and playing with another car. The last option seems to work, but I need to play a longer session later in the evening. 

Of course, this last option is not practical, since I can't drive anymore my beloved Skyline R32.

Later I will try the last resort, that is to re-check the torrent file for corruption, re-extract the archive, and replace all the files all over again.

I will let you know if anything changes with the last solutions, probably I will edit this post.

PS: The first time I encountered this bug, I was in the mod shop with my R32. With the dead frame rate, I also noticed some corrupted textures and models before the game died for good. Since it looks like the game suddenly stop using the dedicated video card, I will try long play sessions in other games. Hopes is not my hardware... Still a potato PC for 2019 standards, but a decent machine a few years back.

PPS: I've installed the mod on an original installation of the game, with both official 1.66 patch and megapack.

EDIT: I've noticed now the 1.03 update. I'll try it and let you know.

Edited by Mondodimotori
Added details.

I've noticed an issue that I'm having some trouble with. During gameplay my game will sometimes suffer awful framerate drops and eventually crash. I've read on the comments of the installation video on YT that this is due to not having Patch 1.66 and the Megapack. I installed a clean copy of the game with no patches and nothing else, and copied/overwrote everything with the Platinum files. Am I missing a step here?

Framerate issues may be ram issues in some cases. I usually never get frame drops, but it'll happen if I have a browser open and its ram usage bloats up over time. So, try closing all nonessential apps if you get hit with drops, especially if everything is fine for awhile and then the drops start occurring later on.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21