We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

56 minutes ago, VanillaPanda said:

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone involved in making this mod, it's brought TDU to a whole new level.

One question though - why does the 1960's Fiat 595 Abarth EsseEsse become a Class E when it's level 3 Abarth tuned? Much as I love driving the little rollerskate, it's barely fast enough to be a Class F!

Because car classes are defined for more than just final speed. Handling and acceleration are also considered. 

1 hour ago, Milli said:

To make it have a stiffer suspension and 5-speed gearbox, i would need to create another entry in the database.  But that is not really how TDU tuning works, they work with % upgrades of the "base" car, unless you change the base car, by making it use another database entry. 

That means even though they look the same, there will be 2 entries in the database for it. So if you edit the stock one, you will need to edit the other one aswell. 

Thanks Milli.

Don't get me wrong, I love driving the four speed leaning machine. I was just being a bit over geeky with my 'tuned Fords' thing.
That being said... the stage 3 transit is mental 😮 quite a challenge to drive, very difficult to keep it in a straight line in first and second. That also seems to suffer with excessive body roll and understeer, are the two linked in some way.

Sadly we don't see many 3.2L transits in the UK, mines a 2.4 and struggles to hit 110kph due to poor gearing and wind resistance. 

I wanna thank you for releasing this mod, but after 1.06 I'm encountering a weird bug:

at random, the game framerate drops drastically, and if the sun is anywhere near the screen, it increases the bloom to the point of looking like an atomic explosion.

on the launcher, I'm not using any FX tweak (though the bug also happens on the "HD" tweak setting); but I'm using both the vsync and "big .bnk".

Edited by lingfox

2 hours ago, lingfox said:

I wanna thank you for releasing this mod, but after 1.06 I'm encountering a weird bug:

at random, the game framerate drops drastically, and if the sun is anywhere near the screen, it increases the bloom to the point of looking like an atomic explosion.

on the launcher, I'm not using any FX tweak (though the bug also happens on the "HD" tweak setting); but I'm using both the vsync and "big .bnk".

Have you got the 4GB executable installed ? They are included in the .rar file of the 1.06 patch.

---

On other subject, I'm amazed how much echo Platinium is having around the internet. A fairly big channel did a good review of the mod. Great job 🙂

EDIT: @Milli May I report a glitch ? Not your fault obviously cause I did some testing as well and found the same problem. 

In the British Independant dealer (Lotus, Ford Cosworth, Bentley, Caterham), you can't buy the Lotus Esprit V8. It's set on slot 5 in the dealer. Easy fix is to move the Esprit around in the dealer on a different spot with TDUF or TDUMT but you will not be able to buy the other car on that slot 5. It's strange the slot doesn't work. @Djey perhaps have you got any idea ?

Edited by Tob-Racer

On 5/29/2019 at 6:29 AM, fhqwhgads said:

Are you using the 4gb executables? Some cars had issues with dropping the FPS before 1.04. The 4gb .exe's from 1.04+ should help with this (In the extras folder of the update files). This issue might be caused by the car you're driving.

Yeah I am, unless I just didnt apply it and maybe the car, for what its worth its the R32 GTR it just seems to kill it.

4 hours ago, Rebuilda said:

Thanks Milli.

Don't get me wrong, I love driving the four speed leaning machine. I was just being a bit over geeky with my 'tuned Fords' thing.
That being said... the stage 3 transit is mental 😮 quite a challenge to drive, very difficult to keep it in a straight line in first and second. That also seems to suffer with excessive body roll and understeer, are the two linked in some way.

Sadly we don't see many 3.2L transits in the UK, mines a 2.4 and struggles to hit 110kph due to poor gearing and wind resistance. 

Yes and no. Depends on which mode are you playing. The Transit handling was made in Hardcore mode, and i know that in normal mode they are just horrible.  On hardcore mode, yes, bodyroll can cause understeer, as you put exessive load on the front tires, making them lose grip. And grip is not the strongest for the Transit.

1 hour ago, Tob-Racer said:

Have you got the 4GB executable installed ? They are included in the .rar file of the 1.06 patch.

---

On other subject, I'm amazed how much echo Platinium is having around the internet. A fairly big channel did a good review of the mod. Great job 🙂

-vid-

EDIT: @Milli May I report a glitch ? Not your fault obviously cause I did some testing as well and found the same problem. 

In the British Independant dealer (Lotus, Ford Cosworth, Bentley, Caterham), you can't buy the Lotus Esprit V8. It's set on slot 5 in the dealer. Easy fix is to move the Esprit around in the dealer on a different spot with TDUF or TDUMT but you will not be able to buy the other car on that slot 5. It's strange the slot doesn't work. @Djey perhaps have you got any idea ?

You can buy the Esprit just fine. Just bought it.  The position shouldn't matter.  Unless you changed the bitfield of the dealer, making some slots unavailable. 

4 hours ago, Nexxus said:

Yeah I am, unless I just didnt apply it and maybe the car, for what its worth its the R32 GTR it just seems to kill it.

That's odd. Double check that you replaced the .exe's in your TDU directory (especially TestDriveUnlimited.exe since that's the one Project Paradise will launch anyways), otherwise it might be a PC spec issue. Just tested it by taking the R32 from the south coast to Beat the Clock, and then did the event (~45 mins of long-distance driving total). I didn't experience the same issue, unless it happens after an even longer period of time.

I did have an issue with the AE86 before 1.04 where it would randomly tank the fps after entering certain dealers, and even could make it crash by viewing the S30 from Japanese Classics if I entered it with the AE86, but haven't had these issues since the 4gb patched .exes were included.

5 hours ago, Tob-Racer said:

FR is a relatively big channel, I wonder if Alex is gonna bring in some new players. TDU Platinum really does deserve the attention, it's kinda shaping up to be the ElDewrito of the TDU community. Maybe it could get more people streaming it. I wish RacerX would stream it again, that stream was a lot of fun.

Also confirmed that the Esprit can be purchased.

Side note to some of the videos on Platinum, kinda a shame that some of them have the music turned off. I get that Alex is talking throughout the video so it makes it easier to just turn it off, but there's so much nostalgia from the Porsche Unleashed tracks in particular.

Edited by fhqwhgads

5 hours ago, iZ GunDaM said:

I love the fact that you can buy a Ford Transit van AND a Volkswagen Type 2, Rebuilda.

There's an even faster version of the former, too. *hint hint*

@Milli  I'm not going to be the one that tells you empty transits rarely understeer as over 60% of the weight is over the front wheels. If I ever get the chance to take my transit on a trackday I'll upload the video to back that up. I drive it like I stole it. Body roll by the bucket load but no understeer.

@iZ GunDaM Havent looked for the type 2 Dub yet will have to fix that.
Sounds like you are referring to one of the 'Supervan' Transits. Of course, no one in their right mind would build a transit on a race car chassis 🙄 

Goodwood motor racing circuit has a tasty transit. Based on, well... watch the video

26 minutes ago, Rebuilda said:

@Milli  I'm not going to be the one that tells you empty transits rarely understeer as over 60% of the weight is over the front wheels. If I ever get the chance to take my transit on a trackday I'll upload the video to back that up. I drive it like I stole it. Body roll by the bucket load but no understeer.

I beg to differ. 

As you can see in this video, it understeers quite easily if you really push it.

8 hours ago, Milli said:

I beg to differ. 

As you can see in this video, it understeers quite easily if you really push it.

Doesnt count, long wheelbase, twin rear wheels and super skinny fronts, maybe thats where mine gets its grip from, 18x8 " alloys and 255/60/18 tyres might help.

Edited by Rebuilda

22 hours ago, fhqwhgads said:

That's odd. Double check that you replaced the .exe's in your TDU directory (especially TestDriveUnlimited.exe since that's the one Project Paradise will launch anyways), otherwise it might be a PC spec issue. Just tested it by taking the R32 from the south coast to Beat the Clock, and then did the event (~45 mins of long-distance driving total). I didn't experience the same issue, unless it happens after an even longer period of time.

I did have an issue with the AE86 before 1.04 where it would randomly tank the fps after entering certain dealers, and even could make it crash by viewing the S30 from Japanese Classics if I entered it with the AE86, but haven't had these issues since the 4gb patched .exes were included.

I dont think its a system problem.. at least not specs wise, 4770k 16gb ram RTX 2080ti.

Sometimes I can go for hours with it other times I can seemingly go like 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Nexxus said:

I dont think its a system problem.. at least not specs wise, 4770k 16gb ram RTX 2080ti.

Sometimes I can go for hours with it other times I can seemingly go like 30 minutes.

Hmmm, sorry then, don't know what the problem is. Only other thing I can think of is if you're using Platinum's Patch HD, try running without it. Regardless of specs, it can cause performance issues. Likely an engine-side problem.

I'm using a laptop with 16gb ram, GTX 1070, and i7-7700 HQ and have not seen these issues. Your PC should have no problem.

Hey Guys,

i just downloaded and installed this awesome mod, but i have one major problem:

Game is only running in Windows Mode 😕

Ingame i can't set any graphic settings, it is stuck at 1280*720 Medium details without HDR.

When i try to start the mod in Fullscreen, i only get a black screen and return to my desktop.

TDU without mods is running fine.

Any suggestions?

Specs:
Xeon 1230V3, 20 Gigs of Ram, GTX1070

Edited by Cassius

Hello Milli wonderful work you've done with this modpack. You've made this game a brand new experience not just once with the UCP but outdid yourself with this mod, I'm very glad about its release.

I was wondering though, how did you edit the events in the game? I've changed a few car classes around and it looks like they're heavily interfering with bot spawning and caused the game to crash when loading races. TDUF doesn't have an IGE editor that I know of so I'm very curious how you did it.

Thank you in advance.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:36 PM, Tob-Racer said:

Just installed it and it fixed the lag spiked problems I had. Thank you 🙂

Anyway, I have some more bug reports (I'll edit this post whenever I'll find more):

• Swimsuit don't work; the character stays invisible, at least at Semporio's.

• Honda S2000 Mark V's shadows are broken. 

Edited by lingfox
Fixed the post's paraphrasing

4 hours ago, CastleDandelion said:

Hello Milli wonderful work you've done with this modpack. You've made this game a brand new experience not just once with the UCP but outdid yourself with this mod, I'm very glad about its release.

I was wondering though, how did you edit the events in the game? I've changed a few car classes around and it looks like they're heavily interfering with bot spawning and caused the game to crash when loading races. TDUF doesn't have an IGE editor that I know of so I'm very curious how you did it.

Thank you in advance.

Bots in TDU work in a misterious way, i don't know exactly why they seem to crash, but yeah, change a few classes seem to break it. 

3 hours ago, lingfox said:

Just installed it and it fixed the lag spiked problems I had. Thank you 🙂

Anyway, I have some more bug reports (I'll edit this post whenever I'll find more):

• Swimsuit don't work; the character stays invisible, at least at Semporio's.

• Honda S2000 Mark V's shadows are broken. 

Swinsuit never worked in TDU. They are accessible since patch 1.68b.   Some old mods, like the S2000 (Mostly Tool831's), have glitched shadows, and there is nothing i can do about it.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21