We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

6 hours ago, Karjola said:

So, I'm having an issue with this mod.
All of the sudden, after working fine for a couple of minutes, it will start lagging horribly, traffic cars will start glitching out.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Try the 4gb executables from the extras folder of the update files if you aren't already using them.

5 hours ago, vad said:

hmmm, so i downloaded this mod, but whenever i launch it, it just crashes. I tried basically everything i could think of. Yes, the original worked fine, yet platinum just doesnt work. Please help me

Remove any compability modes that may be in the .exe files. 

On 7/11/2019 at 8:51 PM, Karjola said:

So, I'm having an issue with this mod.
All of the sudden, after working fine for a couple of minutes, it will start lagging horribly, traffic cars will start glitching out.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Same issue, it worked fine for the first couple of days tho

Even since I've discovered about this mod, I have been enjoying playing TDU even more on the point of having reached Ace rank (100%) in my online profile. So I want to also contribute about mentioning some issues I found to be fixed in next updates.

1. Since the M4 Liberty Walk has the gears fixed in automatic, I was wonder if you could fix it too as for the Honda NSX Type S Zero since it also has the same issue. After doing one race, when I either retry the same race or do another, the car wouldn't change gear when I'm using automatic. It works fine in manual, even the change gear buttons works too. The NSX Rocket Bunny though, doesn't seems to be affected by this. Only if I run stock or fully upgraded from either Honda or Mugen.

2. Speaking of upgrades, there's also a strange case when I upgraded the Ferrari Enzo from Novitec Rosso. Once upgraded, the game's still shows the upgrade level at 0 rather than showing the upgrade level installed.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, franco_efini said:

there's also a strange case when I upgraded the Ferrari Enzo from Novitec Rosso. Once upgraded, the game's still shows the upgrade level at 0 rather than showing the upgrade level installed.

Upgrade levels shown can sometimes bug out and show the lowest level of that upgrade. I guess this is because the upgrades did not change its appearance.

Edited by Guinylen

In December 2006 I treated myself to a new rig - a Striker Extreme MB with a 6800 CPU and dual 8800GTX cards in SLi connected to three monitors via a TripleHead2Go. I very much enjoyed TDU at 3840x1080 rez, always playing offline.

During family gatherings, as a fun activity, we would take turns to see who among us could rack up the most expensive ticket - I think the largest was around $250,000.00.

Later I was a beta-tester for TDU2. It had some features that I really liked. But over the years I would always come back to play on TDU more often than on TDU2. There's something about it.

During these years, I accumulated a very large collection of car mods for both games. Only a handful were not included in Platinum.

Recently I bequeathed the rig to my son, opting to make do with a Gazelle laptop and Intel 4000 graphics. I continued to play these games but the frame-rate was a trifle lower.

I waited eagerly for the appearance of both UCP and Platinum. That was a wait well worthwhile! I am now seventy-eight years young and I play TDU Platinum online with the Hawaiian Bliss environment, along with multiple profiles, and multiple custom license plates, both of which are choices in a batch file I use to start the game. TDU is now a fantastically enjoyable game thanks to all of your tireless effort and modifications. It is remarkable what your mod has done for a 13-year-old game.

Sorry for being 'wordy', Milli.

I just wanted to say, 'Thank You!'

16 hours ago, Ledfoot said:

In December 2006 I treated myself to a new rig - a Striker Extreme MB with a 6800 CPU and dual 8800GTX cards in SLi connected to three monitors via a TripleHead2Go. I very much enjoyed TDU at 3840x1080 rez, always playing offline.

During family gatherings, as a fun activity, we would take turns to see who among us could rack up the most expensive ticket - I think the largest was around $250,000.00.

Later I was a beta-tester for TDU2. It had some features that I really liked. But over the years I would always come back to play on TDU more often than on TDU2. There's something about it.

During these years, I accumulated a very large collection of car mods for both games. Only a handful were not included in Platinum.

Recently I bequeathed the rig to my son, opting to make do with a Gazelle laptop and Intel 4000 graphics. I continued to play these games but the frame-rate was a trifle lower.

I waited eagerly for the appearance of both UCP and Platinum. That was a wait well worthwhile! I am now seventy-eight years young and I play TDU Platinum online with the Hawaiian Bliss environment, along with multiple profiles, and multiple custom license plates, both of which are choices in a batch file I use to start the game. TDU is now a fantastically enjoyable game thanks to all of your tireless effort and modifications. It is remarkable what your mod has done for a 13-year-old game.

Sorry for being 'wordy', Milli.

I just wanted to say, 'Thank You!'

Nothing to be sorry about. 😉  I am really glad, and flattered that Platinum can do such thing, bring these memories and stories.  And, the pleasure is mine. 

On 7/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, franco_efini said:

After doing one race, when I either retry the same race or do another, the car wouldn't change gear when I'm using automatic. It works fine in manual, even the change gear buttons works too.

Oh I also forget to tell another thing I found about this issue with the NSX Type S Zero. The AI seems to be affected by this problem when they use the NSX on Group E races, they're going pretty slower than anyone else in the grid. Again, I presume it has to be because of the issue with changing gears in automatic could not only affect the player, but also the AI when I found a NSX in the grid.

Once again, thanks in advance.

So, I've been trying multiple times to get this mod to work with my "vanilla" game, but it seems like some/most cars won't load, and scrolling through rims the game freezes and exits automaticly. Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm running patch MC 1.66 A, and no I do not have megapack.

I've been looking at how to install video in the original post here, but still won't seem to work. Do I really need to find somewhere to get the megapack, or am I missing a patch somewhere? 1.68 maybe? Also I have not really tried the mod patches yet, got the 1.7 laying around somewhere, but it did not seem to fix my problem.

In advance, thanks. 🙂

- McLarren92

5 hours ago, KemonoGamer75 said:

Porsche 944 Turbo have a texture bug in the interior, please fix it.

No. 

1 hour ago, McLarren said:

So, I've been trying multiple times to get this mod to work with my "vanilla" game, but it seems like some/most cars won't load, and scrolling through rims the game freezes and exits automaticly. Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm running patch MC 1.66 A, and no I do not have megapack.

I've been looking at how to install video in the original post here, but still won't seem to work. Do I really need to find somewhere to get the megapack, or am I missing a patch somewhere? 1.68 maybe? Also I have not really tried the mod patches yet, got the 1.7 laying around somewhere, but it did not seem to fix my problem.

In advance, thanks. 🙂

- McLarren92

Follow the video in the first post in this thread.  If you don't do exactly as said there, if you deleted your d3d9.dll, if you do not run it via Project Paradise Launcher, you won't ever be able to play Platinum. 

10 hours ago, Milli said:

No. 

Follow the video in the first post in this thread.  If you don't do exactly as said there, if you deleted your d3d9.dll, if you do not run it via Project Paradise Launcher, you won't ever be able to play Platinum. 

Well, I did not delete d3d9.dll, but when trying to launch it tells me it can not be launched as d3dx9_43.dll can not be found.

19 hours ago, McLarren said:

Do I really need to find somewhere to get the megapack

- McLarren92

In my experience, no, you don't need the Megapack. In my case, I had a legally bought copy from when it first came out, but I lost the email with the activation key and the download. All I did was install the base game from the original DVD and then overwrite the Test Drive Unlimited folder with the one from TDU Platinum. And then overwrite the files again with the 4GB executables; works like a dream.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21