We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

4 hours ago, 3DNations said:

Whenever I load the game and continue game I get an abnormally long loading screen. All black and doesn't go further. Can I get some help with this..?

Have you tried creating a new profile and new game in that to see if you still get the long loading times? If they are normal in the new profile, it might be an issue with your save game? If you still have the same issue it is likely a problem with your install.

8 hours ago, ZG264 said:

Have you tried creating a new profile and new game in that to see if you still get the long loading times? If they are normal in the new profile, it might be an issue with your save game? If you still have the same issue it is likely a problem with your install.

Yeah I still get the long loading screen. I don't know what is causing it.

I know it's kinda offtopic but didn't want to create a new thread for this and this topic is active. Does anyone use a G29/G920 wheel? Does it work with the game? I know that the G25/G27 is supported, but didn't found anything about the newer wheels. I'm planning to buy a G29 with the shifter, but only if TDU supports it. Currently I'm using a DFGT.

1 hour ago, MagicV8 said:

I am using G29 wheel with G27 shifter with an adapter to use all knobs. Working with me.

A bit tricky was to find a working USB slot for that wheel with Windows 10. At least it was the first at the mainboards backplate.

Thanks! Unfortunately I can't find a used G27 shifter so probably I will buy the current one without the sequential shifter, but I guess that won't be a problem. 🙂

I'm not sure if this relates to Platinum or is a base TDU game issue, but i've been noticing strange results after tuning some of my cars.

For example my C-class Porsche Cayman 718 S (found in the Porsche shop in the North of the island iirc) has a reported default top speed of 246 and after tuning that becomes 276 but i just can't seem to get it to hit even 200! 6th gear slowly advances the speed from around 180, but even after searching out some long straights in the west of the island it stuggles to hit 200 either default or after being tuned?

I have this issue on a few cars also (not all) where the reported speeds don't match the in-game speed the vehicle hits.

Is this a case of some kind of mod issue in relation to gear ratio's perhaps being set up wrong to take into account the tuning?

I did a little experiment and took my humble Alpha Brera apart in TDUF and adjusted the level 3 tuning characteristics to give it a bit more acceleration (5.5 instead of 6.0 in 0-60) and top end (it tops out at 191 instead of 184 now) and in game, with enough straight road i can reach those new limits. So why do some cars not seem to be able to do so? Anyone else notice this?

50 minutes ago, ZG264 said:

I'm not sure if this relates to Platinum or is a base TDU game issue, but i've been noticing strange results after tuning some of my cars.

For example my C-class Porsche Cayman 718 S (found in the Porsche shop in the North of the island iirc) has a reported default top speed of 246 and after tuning that becomes 276 but i just can't seem to get it to hit even 200! 6th gear slowly advances the speed from around 180, but even after searching out some long straights in the west of the island it stuggles to hit 200 either default or after being tuned?

I have this issue on a few cars also (not all) where the reported speeds don't match the in-game speed the vehicle hits.

Is this a case of some kind of mod issue in relation to gear ratio's perhaps being set up wrong to take into account the tuning?

I did a little experiment and took my humble Alpha Brera apart in TDUF and adjusted the level 3 tuning characteristics to give it a bit more acceleration (5.5 instead of 6.0 in 0-60) and top end (it tops out at 191 instead of 184 now) and in game, with enough straight road i can reach those new limits. So why do some cars not seem to be able to do so? Anyone else notice this?

Read the FAQ in the first post. TDU shows wrong speeds because of how its engine calculating it.

22 hours ago, Dlc98 said:

For some reason, all the cars are invisible for me, including the rentals

Have you enabled bigbnk in the launcher?

3 hours ago, ZG264 said:

Some cars have what we call "overdrive gear". They're meant to save fuel, instead of going fast.  It's common in modern vehicles that have 7 and 8 gears, and usually american cars.  A real Corvette Z06 hits 200mph in 5th, as soon as you shift to 6th, it will lose speed. 

About tuning, changing the 0-60 time in TDUF, at the tuning part won't make any difference, but give you a placebo effect. Those values are not related to actual tuning and are there just to fill the "Data" sheetboard of the game.  What would really increase the vehicle acceleration in tuning is the Aftermarket Packs, where you increase the % of the vehicle physics data.  So, if a car has an acceleration value of 80, and the aftermarket pack says the acceleration is 4, it will increase 4% of 80.   regardless of the value set in 0-60.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21