We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

True, but that's a trade-of between car diversity and quality... all modders could not get optimal results by lack of experience, time and proper tools in the days...

Some mods are older than others, and were not re-made since then. 

In some cases, features like doors or windows were replaced with feature experiments like movable spoilers or removable rooftops. That was a choice to make given game engine limitations.

Now, there's likely to accept quality as it is, as there are next to no-one at modding TDU 🙂

On 4/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, dragster666 said:

on the startup   i get a  black screen and  it crashes. ... What do i  actually need to  check in the   launcher?

In my launcher i have only ticked/enabled Big .bnk, Display FPS, Vsync, Solo Races H-mode. I think problem would be rather in your OS/patchs. In my previous post in this thread i linked to a tutorial.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, MaciejOS said:

some cars have bugged models

next to no-one at modding TDU

anyone knows the link to a simple tutorial on how to modify the existing car model to fix various bad behavior? If there is good tutorial and accessible to many people + linking to Milli who add models into game, then why there would not be people to make mods?

Edited by postcd

editing existing mods is super unethical and an unwritten rule in the modding scene to not do that. So it won't happen for Platinum. The only two solutions are hoping the original creator will fix it (super unlikely) or live with it.

Nobody is making mods because it's super time consuming and fairly complicated to achive good results for beginners. And old modders just don't want to.

Thanks a lot @Milli for UCP and Platinum mods, they are both a really fantastic, i've really apreciated UCP when it comed out. Platinum is a project enhancing its predecessor and i truly love it, it left me astonished when i first loaded the database in tduf (btw @Djey your work with that is amazing, it's a beautiful program). How could you organize that massive ammount of cars each with its little detail without messing everyting up? I'm still scratching my head trying to figure it out... I can say with no doubt that Platinum is an open book for those willing to learn to mod tdu.

And now some questions... How could you set up prize car? I've serched through the database but i haven't find anything. Maybe some part of the db that tduf doesn't show must be firstly uncrypted by tduut and the edited by ?

Also can you tell me wich scenery files were replaced because i'm playing on a 10+ years old pc and compared to UCP i have severe fps losses, i'm shure that's not caused by car models because i've tested the same car on UCP.

even though, i'm working on the original races, i saw what you've done and it really inspired me to do something similar, i'm making those longer and more remunerative. Maybe soon i'll make a new thread if it doesn't exist yet for posting and taking requests for new events.

Also the limited amount of dealerships slots could be overcomed via 2 or more identical dbs, for example one with the car from A to L into the dealerships and the other with the rest. Hypotetically tdu can have a million of car entries and several dbs to be switched when you want a car not present in that dealership set. You've demonstrated that tdu can be very flexible and that something, not anything, can be achived with enough work.

P.S. Long live the modders...

42 minutes ago, zisk said:

And now some questions... How could you set up prize car? I've serched through the database but i haven't find anything. Maybe some part of the db that tduf doesn't show must be firstly uncrypted by tduut and the edited by ?

in TDUF in the vehicle slots profile under the datasheet tab the third row. Called "Price ($)"

6 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

in TDUF in the vehicle slots profile under the datasheet tab the third row. Called "Price ($)"

I thought it was that, but i compared the normal platinum db with the one of the "Multiple Prize Cars" folder, on both they are set to 0, maybe i have to take a further look... btw thanks for the answer

2 hours ago, zisk said:

Hi,

TDUF currently shows and enables writing every piece of .db file, including language resources (whereas TDUPE and TDUMT can't).

See it as 'user friendly' version of tduut 😄

5 hours ago, zisk said:

And now some questions... How could you set up prize car? I've serched through the database but i haven't find anything. Maybe some part of the db that tduf doesn't show must be firstly uncrypted by tduut and the edited by ?

...Ok forget my question, the value of Reward_Param_ in the Achivements profile is the one that causes a car to be locked, and if you put inside this box the Car ID from the Default tab in Vehicle Slots profile, tada, you have your prize car. Also the Cost set to 0 it's important. In the multiple prize car db, for each achievement that unlocks a car, the Reward_Param_ is set to 7000, thus unlocking the prize cars.

Edited by zisk

51 minutes ago, Mauricio1027 said:

friends, I have a problem with the mod it keeps loading the information when I am on the map and I don't know how to 
fix it, someone could help me.

-img-

Do not assign map buttons to a controller or something. They can't really stand still. Just leave it on mouse. 

@Milli Last time someone asked how to add a brand to the game, and you told them that while it was possible, it wouldn't allow any car upgrade in the shops. Well, I tried with a brand already in the database (Lincoln) and I can't get those shops to work. I tried TDUF to see how to mod shops to allow me to add Lincoln to them, unfortunately, in there I only see places to add cars that will be put on display. Which tool do I need to use to add a brand to a store then?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

@Milli Last time someone asked how to add a brand to the game, and you told them that while it was possible, it wouldn't allow any car upgrade in the shops. Well, I tried with a brand already in the database (Lincoln) and I can't get those shops to work. I tried TDUF to see how to mod shops to allow me to add Lincoln to them, unfortunately, in there I only see places to add cars that will be put on display. Which tool do I need to use to add a brand to a store then?

Thank you.

You can just add the car slots to the shop it doesn't matter which brand they are

7 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

Thank you.

4 hours ago, TDUZoqqer said:

You can just add the car slots to the shop it doesn't matter which brand they are

Of course, you can mix up vehicles from different brands in a given shop. Brand linking is only applicable to tuning shops.

@Djey Yeah, it's a tuning shop. I thought I was clear enough in what I wrote. Sry. English being my second language, sometimes I'm not the best at it.

So basically, I made a pack and assigned a tuning shop to it, and when I get into said shop, the name of my car flash and it says that this isn't the right tuning shop for my car.

So I'm asking which program to use to add a brand to a tuning shop. I know you guys are busy and have other things than teaching somebody on the how, but just telling me which program and I'm willing to try and understand how to make it so.

Thx.

Edited by RsZ28

Ok I thought you were speaking about car dealers. Sorry.

There's no tool which will made it in one click, if that's what you're asking for...

The changes have to be made in TDU database via many topics, so your only options for now are TDUF, or TDUUT + text editor. The link has to be made between brand name resource in BRANDS and CAR_PACKS, I guess. You can inspire yourself from existing vehicles to get understanding of TDU mechanisms.

Good luck!

Edited by Djey

Hmm... Searching for clues on this forum that may help me understand how this all work, I found an old part that say that tuning shops have a max of 8 brands they can take in.
The worst in all of this, is that it was a question that I asked and that Milli answered, but that I had forgotten about... *sigh*

So, since Milli use all those 8 brands in every shops, that mean that there's no way to add Lincoln to any existing tuning shops... Now, I'm wondering, if there's a way to, let say take a vehicle renting shop and turn it into a tuning shop (as I'm never really using those renting shops, except the one from the begining of the game). 

I having this issue, that is when I play the game for a while (30min-1hr), the traffic cars get glitched out, the map starts erasing on its own (roads all over the place, voids and texture glitches). Someone told me that using the 4gb executables will fixed that error, but it doesn't work for me 😞

P/s: sorry for my bad Eng :v because English is my second language :v

5 hours ago, Pangorin said:

I having this issue, that is when I play the game for a while (30min-1hr), the traffic cars get glitched out, the map starts erasing on its own (roads all over the place, voids and texture glitches). Someone told me that using the 4gb executables will fixed that error, but it doesn't work for me 😞

P/s: sorry for my bad Eng :v because English is my second language :v

To use the 4gb executables, you must replace the original ones with them.  So, copy the files inside the 4gb executables folder, and paste them inside the root folder, replacing all the 3 files. 

That's the only solution for your problem. 

1 hour ago, Milli said:

To use the 4gb executables, you must replace the original ones with them.  So, copy the files inside the 4gb executables folder, and paste them inside the root folder, replacing all the 3 files. 

That's the only solution for your problem. 

I followed the install instruction in "4gb executables" folder, but it seems that error still appears :v

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21