We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

On 2/28/2019 at 11:05 AM, Milli said:

Some of them have been replaced, some of them are still in the game.

Cadillac Cien has become a W Motors Lykan. (TDU's Cien was really, really poor made)
Corvair Monza has become an Impala SS 1964. (I noticed that nobody really drove the Corvair, but i think the Impala will be more popular.)
Firepower have become i am not sure if a Ferrari 250 TR or a 365 Daytona. (Did this to replace some of the prize cars, i mean, like the Corvair, the Firepower was not very popular)
California has become California T (Did a vote on facebook and VK, and the newer gen won)
Efijy has become a Kia Stinger (Also did a vote on facebook and VK, and the Stinger won)
Jalpa has become a LM002 (Noticed that the Jalpa was not a popular vehicle and it was "not the best", with the pop-ups being locked in place, so, i believe that the LM002 will be more popular)
Noble M14 has become a Noble M600. (Almost same vehicle, but better. The reason why i didn't added it before in UCP was the camera view, now that's not a problem anymore)
Noble M400 still in. (The M400 is just a stronger M12-GTO, so, there's your answer)
Karmann Ghia still in. (Karmann Ghias were made from Beetles, back in the day, they share chassis and drivetrain, the only difference is the body, so, again... lol)
RUFs still in. (RUF is essentially tuned Porsches, and not long ago i posted an image of a TurboR, so...)

About the new cars, (Ford GT, Mosler, Radical and Zenvo) the answer is no, no, no and no. Lol Mostly because they can't be added as a tune of something else, and the way i am doing it, i don't want to make non-sense tuning swaps, like the russian mod you saw. They make Civics turn into Accords, Celicas turn into Alpines and etc.

Sadly, TDU has a limited amount of dealer spots, and that is a limit that i've hit, and is the reason why a bunch of cars you asked about (Cien, Efijy, Firepower, Jalpa, etc) have been replaced for something that might be more popular.  So, to add a new one, i'd need to sacrifice something else... a car that i could sacrifice for one of them is the Ascari KZ1, for example. 

Yes, that shop is unlocked, but it is actually holding the Custom Cars i've made for easy personal replacement, like UCP had. 

P.S. (That new Ford GT mod is not great aswell, so, that's a special reason on why it won't be added, lol)

So, to sum it up, TDU Platinum won't have as many cars as the russian mod, because they focus more on numbers than actual quality and sense. They have over 900 vehicles added, but people are constantly asking where is x vehicle, because they can't find it in the tuning shops. That's something i want to avoid happening, but the price to pay is the fact that some cars won't be added, some will be replaced. It's not something that easy to work out the logistics of it all. 

Hi!

Which is the file name for the M600? I mean the bnk file. I want to replace it for another car, but when i replace the file (M600_Spo) it doesn't work (I supposed it was that file). Should I replace it for M14? (as you said that M14 became M600).

Thank you,

facumustaine

Edited by facumustaine

On 5/28/2020 at 6:07 PM, Jagami said:

Can I change the number of gears a car has in TDU Platinum? I've converted the Dodge Charger R / T 426 Hemi Dragster into a more usable vehicle (around 1600 hp and best driving), and I'd like to add one or two more gears to the four it already has. Thank you!

What I usually do is to go into TDUPE and select a car that I know has a nice gearbox and I just put that gear ratios and number of gears into the car I want to change. I used the gears and ratios of the Audi TT for the Corvette C8 Stingray Works great

On 6/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, facumustaine said:

Hi!

Which is the file name for the M600? I mean the bnk file. I want to replace it for another car, but when i replace the file (M600_Spo) it doesn't work (I supposed it was that file). Should I replace it for M14? (as you said that M14 became M600).

Thank you,

facumustaine

Here is a list of most of  the cars and the filenames the use It is a Microsoft Excel document.

Book1.xlsx

Hi, I have a question. After years of playing offline I decided to try playing online, I've followed all steps as explained by many others, however, it doesn't seem to work.

I see that the TDU Servers are available and I can see the other online players on the map, but I do not see them in-game, even when I spawn on the same location of other players they're visible on the map but nowhere close to me in-game.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

On 6/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, LekeSaga said:

Hi Milli, I know that this is not a request topic, but will the new version include more special versions of the BMWs? (like the CS F82 and the CSL E46)

No.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:01 PM, facumustaine said:

Hi!

Thank you,

facumustaine

Yes.

4 hours ago, JGD94 said:

Hi, I have a question. After years of playing offline I decided to try playing online, I've followed all steps as explained by many others, however, it doesn't seem to work.

I see that the TDU Servers are available and I can see the other online players on the map, but I do not see them in-game, even when I spawn on the same location of other players they're visible on the map but nowhere close to me in-game.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

TDU takes a while to connect, so you must wait for a while. Although, you may not be able to join a session for different reasons. Session could be full (max 8 players), session could be broken, which requires players to remap, session could be isolated, or you just can't stabilish a good connection with the players. 

On 5/24/2020 at 2:21 PM, RsZ28 said:

Which version of Platinum did you install? Like version 1.12, is only correction files for certains updates/fixes and as such, it DOESN'T contain all the files for the mod. You need to install version 1.0, then the other patches. I dunno if you can go from 1.0 and then only install 1.12 tho, or if you gotta install all the previous patches before applying 1.12. Personnally, I didn't take any chance, I installed 1.0 then all the patch in release order and finished with 1.12.

I have same problem. I follow all steps, but i can only play offline, otherwhise the game "stop" in that screen.  I add an exception on my firewall.

Question about the GT500 2010.

As I understand, the 6th gear is a "cruise" gear. However, the game don't seems to understand the use of this and instead of keeping the same speed, it slowly decrease speed. So, basically, it hinder the performances of the car. At what gear ratio should I modify it so that it can act as a normal gear and instead of slowly making the car lose power, it can give more to it?

11 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

Question about the GT500 2010.

As I understand, the 6th gear is a "cruise" gear. However, the game don't seems to understand the use of this and instead of keeping the same speed, it slowly decrease speed. So, basically, it hinder the performances of the car. At what gear ratio should I modify it so that it can act as a normal gear and instead of slowly making the car lose power, it can give more to it?

That is not a problem of the game. If you use 6th at 60mph, you'll be able to accelerate. It is a matter of how the car was made. It's top speed is on 5th. When you're racing, you should not use 6th. 

And what you should do is get a closer to 5th gear ratio, and recalculate the 6th theorical top speed, reduce 10% of such result and set this value as top speed.

44 minutes ago, Milli said:

That is not a problem of the game. If you use 6th at 60mph, you'll be able to accelerate. It is a matter of how the car was made. It's top speed is on 5th. When you're racing, you should not use 6th. 

And what you should do is get a closer to 5th gear ratio, and recalculate the 6th theorical top speed, reduce 10% of such result and set this value as top speed.

I see. Well, then I guess I will have to switch the game to manual shifting when using this car. I have difficulty shifting gears manually in games. IRL, I have no problem, but in game I do. I'm odd like that.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, Nicolas R said:

hello I have a question I have the tdu with the platinum mod and I know that 10 cars can
 be changed to place the ones we want, I need help to see if someone can help me how 
to change them please

Use TDUF and trial and error. Once you learn how TDUF work, you can manage to even add more than 10 cars.

22 hours ago, Nicolas R said:

How is it used to change the 10 cars?

You replace the Custom cars' files with the files of the car you want to use. So, let say you want to use a trans am to replace Custom car 1. You rename your files with the names of the custom files and then replace those custom files with your renamed car files. TDUF is to set up your cars.

Two issues with the Viper SRT 10 convertible that I thought you may want to know, Milli, if you don't already know about them.

1st issue: When you choose the Mopar upgrade option (that give stripes to the car) and you buy the final pack (after buying the pack that visually change the car), your car stay at pack 1 (wrench 1) and you can infinitely buy the pack 3, tho it don't make the car better, just a waste of money if you forgot you already bought it once.

2nd issue: The car is undrivable as it slip at ALL gears when using the Mopar pack. Manual shifts, automatic shifts doesn't matter. And as you are aware, a slipping car is unsteerable. I fixed the issue tho, by adding more grip to the car (2000). Might be a little too much tho, but I didn't want to bother and find the exact "needed" grip to stop the excessive wheels slip.

As I said, maybe you aren't aware of this. If you are, then, don't think too much of it. Else, I hope it help you.

Later

34 minutes ago, RsZ28 said:

Two issues with the Viper SRT 10 convertible that I thought you may want to know, Milli, if you don't already know about them.

1st issue: When you choose the Mopar upgrade option (that give stripes to the car) and you buy the final pack (after buying the pack that visually change the car), your car stay at pack 1 (wrench 1) and you can infinitely buy the pack 3, tho it don't make the car better, just a waste of money if you forgot you already bought it once.

2nd issue: The car is undrivable as it slip at ALL gears when using the Mopar pack. Manual shifts, automatic shifts doesn't matter. And as you are aware, a slipping car is unsteerable. I fixed the issue tho, by adding more grip to the car (2000). Might be a little too much tho, but I didn't want to bother and find the exact "needed" grip to stop the excessive wheels slip.

As I said, maybe you aren't aware of this. If you are, then, don't think too much of it. Else, I hope it help you.

Later

Issue 1: Nothing can really be done about that. TDU bug, that's how the game has been coded. To make it work properlly, i need to make a new entry on the database, as a new car, same issue with the car classes not changing when upgrading. 

Issue 2: It's a 1000hp Dodge Viper. It still has the same grip levels as the normal Viper. Also, define unsteerable, because i can drive it just fine. Could you make a video?

4 hours ago, Milli said:

Issue 1: Nothing can really be done about that. TDU bug, that's how the game has been coded. To make it work properlly, i need to make a new entry on the database, as a new car, same issue with the car classes not changing when upgrading. 

Issue 2: It's a 1000hp Dodge Viper. It still has the same grip levels as the normal Viper. Also, define unsteerable, because i can drive it just fine. Could you make a video?

For the 1k hp Viper, the car's wheels would always spin continuously never getting enough grip. When a car has no grip, it's as if said car is floating on the road, which mean that if you try to turn, it will most likely end up with you losing control of the car. But as I said, putting 2000 in grip in TDUF fixed the issue.

I just thought both issues were something you weren't aware of and was trying to help you out with your mod.

Edited by RsZ28

51 minutes ago, RsZ28 said:

For the 1k hp Viper, the car's wheels would always spin continuously never getting enough grip. When a car has no grip, it's as if said car is floating on the road, which mean that if you try to turn, it will most likely end up with you losing control of the car. But as I said, putting 2000 in grip in TDUF fixed the issue.

I just thought both issues were something you weren't aware of and was trying to help you out with your mod.

2000 of grip is a lot, but yeah, a 1000hp Dodge Viper won't have grip with street tires if you mash the throttle. You either gotta control your throttle input or active electronic aids (TCS).  It's supposed to behave like that. It's supposed to be hard to drive without aids. Lol  If it's too easy, it will be too much OP, as it's really cheaper than hypercars that have same amount of power. It has it's downside.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21