We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

i also use windows 10 and won't even used the compatibility troubleshooter and it just runs perfectly,

take a backup of safe file and reinstall the game and then properly follow the steps for installing the mod

thats what i did when it was stuck on the loading and after that it now runs perfectly!

11 hours ago, pranav said:

i also use windows 10 and won't even used the compatibility troubleshooter and it just runs perfectly,

take a backup of safe file and reinstall the game and then properly follow the steps for installing the mod

thats what i did when it was stuck on the loading and after that it now runs perfectly!

oh alrite.

11 hours ago, ZoM said:

oh alrite.

So after looking thru this thread and trying numerous times to get the game to work I've come to the conclusion that the mod DOES NOT WORK WITH THE GOLD EDITION OF TDU. Going to now try to get an OG copy of the regular base game so I can see if the OG game works with mods or if its something up with my PC.

TDU GOLD is a version where database files have been modified by morons. Eastern languages have been added by replacing existing languages and messing up packed files names. No wonder some are experiencing crashes/incompatibility.

Besides TDU GOLD has the megapack included already (?!). 

I suggest using official western version + megapack as base.

Edited by Djey

Guys, I have multiplayer issue. I can see players on the map, but when i spawn somewhere near this guys i cant see them at all. I give it some time, tried switching cars, restarting game, computer, limiting fps from 75 to 60 in afterburner, but nothing worked. The really boomer thing about it is that sometimes online works just fine, sometimes dont work at all. Also i deactivated antiviruses and firewall. Thanks for your response. Hope that people who have the same issue help each other and try to find out this bug and fix it.

Also I installed the mod on top of original game, not a gold ver. And then installed update to 1.12

TDU has never worked well when trying to join people from the map. All that we could do is all going to a "calm" place (far from the city), wait for people to appear, then lock. But even with this you'll experience hard times with your friends...

Btw, going to map puts you out of the session everytime.  Bad coding. lol

That's not something which could be fixed from the server sadly.

hey guys - i watched the how to update video - but i am stuck (i don't own an official version - i have put the TDUPE in the game folder it is located... but there is nothing in any of the folders to install or update anything at all - how do i do so?

**to be clear - its  not official because my friend gave me his copy in a zip - i lost mine with my old pc

Edited by Barneylee

2 hours ago, Barneylee said:

hey guys - i watched the how to update video - but i am stuck (i don't own an official version - i have put the TDUPE in the game folder it is located... but there is nothing in any of the folders to install or update anything at all - how do i do so?

**to be clear - its  not official because my friend gave me his copy in a zip - i lost mine with my old pc

You DON'T need to install TDUPE in the game folders. you only need that it know where are said folders. Plus, TDUPE is a fan made program, so you won't find anything on TDUPE in the original game files.

1 hour ago, RsZ28 said:

You DON'T need to install TDUPE in the game folders. you only need that it know where are said folders. Plus, TDUPE is a fan made program, so you won't find anything on TDUPE in the original game files.

i know - what i am asking is - i have extracted the files - put it in the folder with TDU - and there is nothing to *install* in to it... i am confused

This happened last time i installed it - last year/start of this year, but cant remember how i fixed it...

Edited by Barneylee

On 8/13/2020 at 6:54 AM, Milli said:

Well, new cars, "new races", new music, overhauled cars, like Astons have new rims, new sounds... It is more down to detail polishing.  As i said in Discord, it feels like a DLC. Lol

heyy can you send me the invite link to your Discord too? i would love to see the overall progress, thanks.

ahhh my issue is this  - i find the tdupe launcher and use it and it says **The code execution cannot proceed because binkw32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem**

then i pasted it raw into the main folder with the exe now its saying the MSVCR71.dll is missing, but its right there in the folder - ran as admin also

**FIXED IT!!!** i click the TOP download button (which is the patch only) - maybe add better info saying that the download button at the top is the **Patch only** - with the one in the comment being the **real** one 😉

3 hours ago, Barneylee said:

Edited by Barneylee

hey guys i ve made a video showing some hard races if you want to experience such races follow my instructions at pages 67-78-86 also let me add that in TDUF i ''boosted'' the cars marked as ''mission version'' and i set them be driven by AI bots so in this video f.e. you ll see the pagani zonda R driven by AI bots to be super fast .that change doesnt affect my pagani zonda R 

2 minutes ago, tasos007007 said:

hey guys i ve made a video showing some hard races if you want to experience such races follow my instructions at pages 67-78-86 also let me add that in TDUF i ''boosted'' the cars marked as ''mission version'' and i set them be driven by AI bots so in this video f.e. you ll see the pagani zonda R driven by AI bots to be super fast .that change doesnt affect my pagani zonda R

tip: hover over your post time and copy the link like this for direct link to the comment https://turboduck.net/forums/topic/35843-released-test-drive-unlimited-platinum/?do=findComment&comment=610331

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. First, thanks for this INCREDIBLE mod. I've put dozens of hours into it and it's reignited my love for this game. 

Second, I had a question. Is there any chance a future version could have the 1963 Corvette Stingray split-window added? It's my mom's favorite car (she plays the game too), and I am also fond of it. There are a few others I would consider requesting, but I don't want to be rude. If not, no biggie. Once again, thanks for this incredible mod. 

Edited by revanfan

6 hours ago, revanfan said:

Hey. First, thanks for this INCREDIBLE mod. I've put dozens of hours into it and it's reignited my love for this game. 

Second, I had a question. Is there any chance a future version could have the 1963 Corvette Stingray split-window added? It's my mom's favorite car (she plays the game too), and I am also fond of it. There are a few others I would consider requesting, but I don't want to be rude. If not, no biggie. Once again, thanks for this incredible mod. 

Sadly no. 3D models are usually from other games. Worked and adapted to work in TDU. 

58 minutes ago, Milli said:

Sadly no. 3D models are usually from other games. Worked and adapted to work in TDU. 

Well, that's unfortunate. I get it, though. Thanks anyway.

A few of the other cars I was curious about are in other games, but I don't know if any of those games are on PC, nor do I know if using the models would even be possible (I'm no expert on TDU modding haha.) So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what gets included whenever the next update does come out.

Also one last question: Was the Cadillac Cien removed; and if so, why? And would there be any way to add it back into the game by taking the default game's copy of it and replacing one of the "custom cars" that are placeholders? That's more than one question haha. Sorry.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21