We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I did. Sadly it doesn't help. I also gave Project Paradise admin perms. Do I need to use the torrent version of the modpack, or is it okay if I used the Google Drive link?

I've heard you told one user who had a similar issue to update their DirectX... which version might it be?

Edited by Twintails

4 minutes ago, Milli said:

Don't delete the d3d9.dll, otherwise it won't work. Missing cars is bigbnk not being active. Either by you not activating it, or by Project Paradise not working.

Also, by the way... 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I did not delete d3d9.dll (at least not intentionally, and never deleted it in general) and bigbnk is checkmarked in the Project Paradise launcher. I updated Directx9 and made sure I have the newest version of it.

Could it be because I own the retail CD version? I heard there is a gold version of the game with all the DLCs that I might be missing out.

1 minute ago, Twintails said:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I did not delete d3d9.dll (at least not intentionally, and never deleted it in general) and bigbnk is checkmarked in the Project Paradise launcher. I updated Directx9 and made sure I have the newest version of it.

Could it be because I own the retail CD version? I heard there is a gold version of the game with all the DLCs that I might be missing out.

No, all you need is a copy of TDU installed. Gold or non-gold. Megapack and DLC is not necessary. If you correctly installed it, project paradise is working, big bnk is active, then you should have the cars. 

Make sure that your game, in the main menu screen, reads as v0.03a, instead of 1.66 or anything like it.

3 hours ago, Milli said:

No, all you need is a copy of TDU installed. Gold or non-gold. Megapack and DLC is not necessary. If you correctly installed it, project paradise is working, big bnk is active, then you should have the cars. 

Make sure that your game, in the main menu screen, reads as v0.03a, instead of 1.66 or anything like it.

In the main menu screen, it reads as v0.03a, I dragged and dropped everything from the "Test Drive Unlimited" folder into the main game's directory, I load the game via the Project Paradise Launcher (also as an admin), I check Big .bnk, I cleared every save, I've also installed it on the C : drive, still the same issue. Once I buy a rented "invisible" car, the game crashes.

Do you think using a savefile would help, although it being heavily discouraged?

Edit: What I've noticed is that even with VSync enabled, I receive around 120 FPS in the rent a car dealership, whereas I get around 60 FPS during cutscenes. I've tried limiting the FPS with RTSS and NVIDIA Control Panel, none of them worked... 😞

Edited by Twintails

18 minutes ago, Twintails said:

In the main menu screen, it reads as v0.03a, I dragged and dropped everything from the "Test Drive Unlimited" folder into the main game's directory, I load the game via the Project Paradise Launcher (also as an admin), I check Big .bnk, I cleared every save, I've also installed it on the C : drive, still the same issue. Once I buy a rented "invisible" car, the game crashes.

Do you think using a savefile would help, although it being heavily discouraged?

No. It's not a savegame. And i have no clue about what your issue is. 

On 11/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, Twintails said:

Edit: What I've noticed is that even with VSync enabled, I receive around 120 FPS in the rent a car dealership, whereas I get around 60 FPS during cutscenes. I've tried limiting the FPS with RTSS and NVIDIA Control Panel, none of them worked... 😞

Don't run it with RTSS running, i've had that cause problems before (it 'clashes' with the project paradise launcher i think). 120 fps in the 'shops' is fine, as is 60fps in game when using Vsync from the project paradise launcher, it's working ok.

However i'd suggest you might be looking to do a complete reinstall from scratch and follow closely the video guide at the start of this thread. I also have the retail disk and following that video guide 'exactly' helped me to get it to run fine. I did install outside of the C: drive and 'Program Files' though to avoid any potential admin access issues from that. My game is on E:\\Games\Atari etc.

First off, this mod is absolutely incredible!  I don't know how much the physics were tweaks for the modded cars but coming from Assetto Corsa, some of these cars are spot-on in hardcore mode! 

I have one request though: make Hardcode mode unlocked by default, or at least make it an option to gain champion status by default. 

It took me several hours to unlock and I basically cheesed it by buying cars and doing a single challenge over and over again.  I have several friends who won't try this game coming from Assetto Corsa simply because of this limitation.  Sim racing enthusiasts like me would be crawling all over this game if hardcore mode could be used from the get go. 

Edited by CTFordza
grammar

1 minute ago, CTFordza said:

First off, this mod is absolutely incredible!  I don't know how much the physics were tweaks for the modded cars but coming from Assetto Corsa, some of these cars are spot-on in hardcore mode! 

I have one request though: make Hardcode mode unlocked by default, or at least make it an option to gain champion status by default. 

It took me several hours to unlock and I basically cheesed it by buying cars and doing a single challenge over and over again.  I have several friends who won't try this game coming from Assetto Corsa simply because of this limitation.  Sim racing enthusiasts like me would be crawling all over this game if hardcore mode could be used from the get go. 

Using a savegame fixes your issue:

hey guys i d like to share with you that i made all the events to be races vs AI bots that is even the speedtraps became races some of them are reverses of some original races i know you can create your own races but let me upload my races so you gain more time to play some extra races . dont forget to make back up of your races these races are working in platiinum but in vanilla tdu you may face crashes .also you must have installed the game not at programm files.finally i reupload the FX.ini file which activates the race creator-editor so you can enjoy the full pack of the races [289 total] enjoy !!

IGE.7z FX.ini

3 hours ago, tasos007007 said:

thank you i tried but i face errors so if somebody could do it i d be thankfull

what errors are you having at what step?

just checked your recent submission, please group them into less submission as possible

it seems like no file was uploaded, have you tried zipping the files and upload them?

Hey everybody!

I'm enjoying the Platinum patch very, very much! It made me return to the game after a few years and remember how great the handling is in TDU and how great it is to drive around an actual, realistic (and gorgeous) location.

I have a question though. Is it possible to reduce the shine on the cars? On most of them it's a bit excessive, not realistic at all IMO. Is there a setting that handles this or is it something that's coded in each car model?

obraz_2020-11-16_070710.png

12 hours ago, Stelcio said:

Hey everybody!

I'm enjoying the Platinum patch very, very much! It made me return to the game after a few years and remember how great the handling is in TDU and how great it is to drive around an actual, realistic (and gorgeous) location.

I have a question though. Is it possible to reduce the shine on the cars? On most of them it's a bit excessive, not realistic at all IMO. Is there a setting that handles this or is it something that's coded in each car model?

obraz_2020-11-16_070710.png

Deactivate HDR

I have published some setting results done ingame and/or in the launcher.

1 hour ago, MagicV8 said:

Deactivate HDR

I have published some setting results done ingame and/or in the launcher.

Thanks a lot. That made it much better.

That said, I feel the reflections are still a bit too mirror-like. But maybe I'm just spoiled with new games, TDU has 14 years after all and with all the mods it looks great for how old it is.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21