We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2 hours ago, JPTH said:

Its not about gear ratios to change the absurd top speeds, its about drag coefficient, on TDU you have 2 options to make cars perform like reality, straigh line performance or cornering, unfortunately.....

The car won't reach those speeds. But one does not like the Challenger SRT8 displaying a top speed of over 400km/h in the datasheet, even though it can't reach it. 

Hi. I wanted to say thank you to Milli and everyone involved in this awesome project. I've been having a great time playing the mod.

However, two small problems crept up when I tried to add new cars downloaded from HF garage and I was wondering anyone here can help me.

The first problem: the cars I added to the game by replacing the "custom cars" all show up without rear tyres. And when selecting different wheels in the dealerships, all tyres disappear. It happened on both the Alpine A110 as well as 2017 Ford GT.

The second problem: I was trying to edit the names of the added cars from "custom" to their OG names, but the performance editor keeps saying "TDU database not found" despite being in the same folder as the game itself.

What am I doing wrong here?

8 hours ago, Jkgo said:

The second problem: I was trying to edit the names of the added cars from "custom" to their OG names, but the performance editor keeps saying "TDU database not found" despite being in the same folder as the game itself.

What am I doing wrong here?

If TDUPE does not work try using TDUF and edit details in datasheet section of the car physics data topic.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, Djey said:

If TDUPE does not work try using TDUF and edit details in datasheet section of the car physics data topic.

I was going to, but before that, I figured I'd give it another shot and tried PE 2.77. Still didn't work, but strangely enough, PE 2.5 did launch with list of cars and everything. So I used PE 2.5 to edit the names and tried to launch the game, and then...

Nothing. The game just crashes without even launching. I tried to selectively re-install the game, but that didn't help, so I need to do a complete clean re-install of the whole game now. I don't have the free time to do that now, though. Probably over the weekends.

My takeaway out of this mess is: wait until Milli is done with 1.13. Hah.

Edited by Jkgo

I have a problem for which I have not found a solution anywhere, and that is that I installed everything and my xbox one controller recognized it without problem, but now there is no way to detect it, and the controller's problem is not as in other games It suits me perfectly, does anyone have the solution?

On 12/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, Jkgo said:

I was going to, but before that, I figured I'd give it another shot and tried PE 2.77. Still didn't work, but strangely enough, PE 2.5 did launch with list of cars and everything. So I used PE 2.5 to edit the names and tried to launch the game, and then...

Nothing. The game just crashes without even launching. I tried to selectively re-install the game, but that didn't help, so I need to do a complete clean re-install of the whole game now. I don't have the free time to do that now, though. Probably over the weekends.

My takeaway out of this mess is: wait until Milli is done with 1.13. Hah.

Just go to TDUPE and check the cars you have changed that all the datafields is filled in, Sometimes one of the fields is left blank and then the game crashes.

Hi guys. I'm after some general car knowledge. I'm been trying to adjust the settings for the Ford Fiesta SVT (i think it is that one, you can get it as a starting car in one of main game start garages you go to to pick your car).

Then i decided to look at my own Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0L and flipped the bonnet to look inside (bear with me!). When looking into the engine compartment, i noticed on the lower left side (closet to me, rather than farther away) the situation as shown in thepicture i will upload:

N4q4e3s.jpg

Now should i be worried as it looks like something is missing and the orange warning triangle suggests it is important? What is it (that is missing) and can anyone give me their experienced opinion on this and what i should do (like take it to a garage and get it replaced etc).

Odd i know but it was related to my own Fiesta i drive in game as a E class 😉

38 minutes ago, Milli said:

You should know that the game actually has a Focus SVT, not a Fiesta. 

Ah yes Milli that was the one, the Focus SVT. I think there is another hatchback Ford (Focus also or a Fiesta or something like them?) elsewhere in the game also. The starting Focus SVT is 'close enough' for me and my 6 year old boy to 'get into' the awesome mod you all made 🙂

You know cars? What is that bit that looks like it is missing? I guess it might be the same for many modern cars?

HEY guys merry Christmas i just found out why the bots are too slow.the cause is in ige files in fields timG-timS-timB-CtDw they must be setted all to 000000000 and so the bots are THUNDERS

in order to not lose time i made the changes and i upload the whole IGEfolder with the modded ige files in that ige folder you ll find all the events as races vs Aclass bots and no restriction for you .if you want to can edit the races fe to change the class of car i upload the fxini file 

will you be able to beat A class bots? lets find out now because the bots are really fast you dont need to make them be temeraire mauvais because they will crash you out many times .see you on road

the ige folder works perfectly on platinum but on vanilla some races may crash

enjoy!!!!!!!!

FX.ini IGE.zip

Was browsing Youtube and was immediately interested when I saw this, as TDU 1 is my favourite driving game.  TDU 2 could have been great, but the handling was inferior and had annoying npcs, trying to be funny (just my opinion).

Anyway, downloaded and installed this (having saved TDU 1 and all associated documents) and having watched the how to install video, ran the game.  Title screen loaded TDU Platinum and then quit to desktop.  Tried about half a dozen options and same result.  So close and yet so far...what was I doing wrong?  Then I remembered that I had to run TDU 1 in compatibility mode for Win XP service pack 3.  So, I changed all of the .exe files to only run as admin.  Success.  Deep joy.  Shame that I had to create a new profile.  The worst and most tedious thing is having to set driving controls for my xbox 360 controller.  Couldn't quite get the steering to set with my left thumbstick.  Altering the sensitivity let me do it.

Bought a house and a nice Audi and won my first race easily, crossing the finish line in top gear and crashing into the trees.  Game hung on me; had to quit out.  Changed level of detail in the launcher from high to medium and the game started at my house with the winnings from my first race.  Great.  Won a few more races, picked up a few hitchers and drove about 50 miles.  All seems well.  This Audi is a lot better than it's "vanilla" counterpart.  I used to fail 50% of the time with hitch-hikers, but have yet to fail and all with "perfects"...yay me.

Added some of my music with shortcuts to my saved game in the documents folder...no problem.

There's already a patch in one of the folders.  Do I need to update this and if so, where does it go?  Would appreciate any advice for controller settings for Xbox 360 controller.

Many thanks for this wonderful work.

37 minutes ago, ZororiSucks said:

I have two things to say, One why did you replace the music for car dealers and is there anyway to change it back? And Two why does car handling now feel very weird and off?

Instead of copying the entire TDU files from the platinum folder to your game installation folder, copy each folder selectively and ignore the music folder.  If you backed up your game installation before installing the mod (as recommended), then you can restore the original game music files.  I also prefer the original TDU1 dealership music compared to the NFS Porsche 2000 menu music.  \Euro\Bnk\Sound\Musics is the subfolder.

You will need to explain which cars and handling modes, driver aids, and input device you are using before asking a handling question.

21 hours ago, Ryzza5 said:

Instead of copying the entire TDU files from the platinum folder to your game installation folder, copy each folder selectively and ignore the music folder.  If you backed up your game installation before installing the mod (as recommended), then you can restore the original game music files.  I also prefer the original TDU1 dealership music compared to the NFS Porsche 2000 menu music.  \Euro\Bnk\Sound\Musics is the subfolder.

You will need to explain which cars and handling modes, driver aids, and input device you are using before asking a handling question.

Oh ok I got the original back, so thanks. As for the handling I do use a keyboard and I think I used whatever the assisted drive mode that helps prevent you from sliding the car so easily. I just thought it felt weird compared to before. Also I am assuming all the cars that start in the game are there, but just moved to other dealers.

Edited by ZororiSucks

I played with keyboard recently and found it quite easy and enjoyable to be honest.  I was in hardcore mode with driving aids off for the most part.  Perhaps try the Hyper driving aid selection, it will allow some slide.  Just be sure to brake in a straight line before a corner and be definite/purposeful with your inputs.  There's not much room for mid-corner adjustments if you get it wrong when using a keyboard.

9 hours ago, ZororiSucks said:

Oh ok I got the original back, so thanks. As for the handling I do use a keyboard and I think I used whatever the assisted drive mode that helps prevent you from sliding the car so easily. I just thought it felt weird compared to before. Also I am assuming all the cars that start in the game are there, but just moved to other dealers. 

The new handling is optimized for hardcore mode so some cars my feel very darty and twitchy in normal mode because of the increased grip and responsiveness.

Ah I will have to try that and thank you for your responses. And one last thing going back to sound, how do I get the radio to how it was in the unmodified game? I've tried doing the same thing I did with the radio folder in BNK/Sound like I did with the music for the car dealers but whenever I turn on the radio its gone silent.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21