We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

On 1/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, revanfan said:

I noticed a minor issue with one of the Nissan 350Z Coupe upgrade paths. One of the manufacturers listed is "INGS+1", but when you select it, the actual car has "IGNS+1" in the title. The G and N are swapped. I can provide a screenshot showing this if needed. It's minor, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

I've just noticed the same issue with the Subaru BRZ.

Hi, i have possibly found wrong data for Ferrari TDF (full tuned).

I was comparing it to a F12 Libertywalk and this is what i see on the Data tab in Garage:

F12 947bhp, 890n.m., 1520kg -> 1.605kg/DIN hp (1.60506863780359)
TDF 1001bhp, 705 n.m., 1337kg -> 1.974kg/DIN hp (1.335664335664336)

the decimal dumber in the brackets is the result of dividing weight by bhp, and the TDF value is currently 1.974 not 1.335 as it possibly should be?). It is not a problem, possibly it does not influence car performance, and is just a number on Data tab. I just wanted to share this finding to @Milli and others.

By the way, small surprise to me is that the significantly higher torque (n.m.) of the F12 does not translate into faster time when i meter it by in-game speed test and compare both cars. TDF has faster acceleration, i would expect such torque will cause car to accelerate faster than TDF, but maybe it is not enough to cover bigger weight of the car.

Edited by postcd

On 1/2/2021 at 5:19 AM, ZororiSucks said:

Ah I will have to try that and thank you for your responses. And one last thing going back to sound, how do I get the radio to how it was in the unmodified game? I've tried doing the same thing I did with the radio folder in BNK/Sound like I did with the music for the car dealers but whenever I turn on the radio its gone silent.

I put my music in my saved game folder in documents.  Make some folders, e.g. rock, soul or whatever; go into wherever you have your music on your computer and make a shortcut for each file that you want and drag the shortcuts to your saved game folder in documents.  You may have to create a folder named "Radio" in your saved game folder.  Just the same as the vanilla game.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:23 AM, Guest Guest said:

Hello! Thanks for all the work invested!

One question, is the car's shadow supposed to be incredibly dark and solid?

Same question, car shadow is total black patch on the road, hiding all paint on the road, just the players car, AI's car's shadows is ok.

Greetings, fellow TDU players.
I've come here to ask for help.
I've finally managed to properly install the mod, but I'm still running issues with the game.

After playing for about half hour everything become heavy lagged and if I contuniu run it like that - it freezes.

Now, I'm going to add (hopefully) some data insight about my situation.

The game was downloaded in pre-installed form and I put it in main drive, but not in the default path.

Then I downloaded pre-installed mod and I did as instructed.

Run the game for short when I realized I haven't patched it yet.

Then I copied the files from the patch as instructed.

After that I copied the HD Unlimited files to its designated directory.

After spending few hours with the game and trying less demanding HD files the results were always the same.

Oh, and I haven't really noticed any change in the visual quality between HD Unlimited, HD 500 and HD 300 (which gave me another flag that something is nor working as it should).

Not sure if it have any meaning in my situation, but I'm playing with laptop (i7-4910MQ, GTX 780M, 16GB RAM, main drive is SSD, Windows 10).

I also added game's exe to GPU settings in Nvidia Control Panel, but if haven't affected the performance in the slightest.

I dig for a bit it in the forum before posting, but couldn't find anything helpful (someone recommended to copy and paste files that included .exe from one of the folders included with the patch, but I couldn't find any of those).

Please, if there's anything that could make a change with my experience with the mod - let me know what could be done to improve it.

1 hour ago, ebenmes said:

Greetings, fellow TDU players.
I've come here to ask for help.
I've finally managed to properly install the mod, but I'm still running issues with the game.

After playing for about half hour everything become heavy lagged and if I contuniu run it like that - it freezes.

Now, I'm going to add (hopefully) some data insight about my situation.

The game was downloaded in pre-installed form and I put it in main drive, but not in the default path.

Then I downloaded pre-installed mod and I did as instructed.

Run the game for short when I realized I haven't patched it yet.

Then I copied the files from the patch as instructed.

After that I copied the HD Unlimited files to its designated directory.

After spending few hours with the game and trying less demanding HD files the results were always the same.

Oh, and I haven't really noticed any change in the visual quality between HD Unlimited, HD 500 and HD 300 (which gave me another flag that something is nor working as it should).

Not sure if it have any meaning in my situation, but I'm playing with laptop (i7-4910MQ, GTX 780M, 16GB RAM, main drive is SSD, Windows 10).

I also added game's exe to GPU settings in Nvidia Control Panel, but if haven't affected the performance in the slightest.

I dig for a bit it in the forum before posting, but couldn't find anything helpful (someone recommended to copy and paste files that included .exe from one of the folders included with the patch, but I couldn't find any of those).

Please, if there's anything that could make a change with my experience with the mod - let me know what could be done to improve it.

Look here for explanation

On 1/9/2021 at 12:47 AM, MagicV8 said:

This is exactly what I mentioned in my post.

There's nothing in that directory (except for the other directory - Multiple Prize Cars, which is also empty).

Edit:
Wait, no, I was (obviously) wrong. There are files in the directory, but I've moved them already.
I'm installing everything again with different source of base game and this time I'll put it in default path.

Edit02:

I'm now having the issue I had during my first installation of the mod.

Some of the events can't be finished (although on the map I can see the cup I won for participating).

Other than that, map thumbnails are't working for me (images that are suppose to be showed there are bugged).

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm not playing with the exe from the patch (which is the older version, right?), because it's what probably caused the game to freeze for me.

So either way mod seems to not work for me, despite trying various approaches for it.

2021-01-09 17_38_24-Greenshot.jpg

Edit 03:
The game started to behave like previously (lags and freeze).
I decided to put .exe and the other files from tha patch directory and somehow I haven't experienced more of these issues.

To quote a classic: it just works.

Now I'm trying tounderstand why one of my tuned cars (22B STi) cannot achieve greater speeds as it supposed to (performance pack should allow it to go for 360km/h, but when it reach 5th gear, it gradually goes slower when it was on 4th).

Edit04:

I've noticed the transmission bug  in some other car after I sold Impreza. This time however, I haven't tuned it and it couldn't make to 5th gear (Audi RS5).

Thumbnails on the map aren't working which is annoying, because I don't know the requirements for the events.

And after some time, this happened.

2021-01-10 04_02_31-Greenshot.jpg

Edited by ebenmes

hey guys the 1100 cars must be registered in AIConfig.xml. file to be fast since i cant decrypt-encrypt it [tdudec doesnt do right decryption-encryption] i registered them in fx file which i upload here with some other params changes if somebody copy paste all these changes and decrypt them to AIConfig then we ll have opponent bots with perfect turnings. the only thing left is how to make Aclass bots to reach their top speed at long straights more than 360km/h 

FX.ini

Fantastic mod, mainly registered recently to try this out since I been a avid TDU player back in the Xbox 360 days when the game was popular. Just got a few questions...

1. What does the whole "multiple prize cars" extra do exactly? Sorry if its been asked before but I don't feel like looking through 90+ pages.

2. I'm having what seems like permanent fog that never seems to go away, is there a way to fix this issue?

30 minutes ago, Tendoman77 said:

Fantastic mod, mainly registered recently to try this out since I been a avid TDU player back in the Xbox 360 days when the game was popular. Just got a few questions...

1. What does the whole "multiple prize cars" extra do exactly? Sorry if its been asked before but I don't feel like looking through 90+ pages.

2. I'm having what seems like permanent fog that never seems to go away, is there a way to fix this issue?

1 - TDU only allows you to buy the prize cars once. If you sell it, or want to get 2 of them, you can't buy it again.  Multiple prize cars allow you to buy them again. But it glitches a few menus in the gameplay, so i recommend you to use it after you complete the game. 

2 - update the game to patch 1.12, it has a reworked weather system that won't give you fog weather everytime you start the game. TDU time cycle is slower than most games. 

1 hour ago, Milli said:

1 - TDU only allows you to buy the prize cars once. If you sell it, or want to get 2 of them, you can't buy it again.  Multiple prize cars allow you to buy them again. But it glitches a few menus in the gameplay, so i recommend you to use it after you complete the game. 

2 - update the game to patch 1.12, it has a reworked weather system that won't give you fog weather everytime you start the game. TDU time cycle is slower than most games. 

I had the fog issue with Patch 1.12, although I was using a copy of TDU I downloaded from a site called Steam Unlocked which was proberly the issue. I'm now playing with the properly installed version that comes from Thunder's youtube video and the fog issue hasn't been a thing since.

Can report a new issue though, the one ebenmes mentioned where the game hangs up after finishing a race and all you can do is pause the game, and with the Fiat too nevertheless.

Really enjoying this mod so far otherwise, you done this game proud.

Missing here means the geometry of the car is completely invisible, but the car is detected.

Most new Ferrari cars are invisible in the dealer, except Enzo.

Some rental cars in the beginning are gone.

I didn't have chance to note them one by one.

Basically, the problem is there are some invisible cars, even though they are detected in the dealer. Cannot buy them, cannot test them.

Despite the steps I followed on the readme to install Platinum mod, I still see version 1.66A or something like that, not 0.03. I don't know what's wrong. Big .bnk is enabled in Paradise launcher.

Edited by dorachueva

40 minutes ago, dorachueva said:

Missing here means the geometry of the car is completely invisible, but the car is detected.

Most new Ferrari cars are invisible in the dealer, except Enzo.

Some rental cars in the beginning are gone.

I didn't have chance to note them one by one.

Basically, the problem is there are some invisible cars, even though they are detected in the dealer. Cannot buy them, cannot test them.

Despite the steps I followed on the readme to install Platinum mod, I still see version 1.66A or something like that, not 0.03. I don't know what's wrong. Big .bnk is enabled in Paradise launcher.

you must use project paradise launcher having activate bigbnk option

19 hours ago, dorachueva said:

I did. But still, that failed.

This will likely not help you, but i do not know what you mean nothing works. Maybe try not to apply any additional things like yours mentioned patch "multiple prize cars". Maybe try renaming TDU folder from the Documents folder, i mean one that contains PLAYERSAVE and let create new profile in game. Or uninstall TDU, go to Win+R, type and execute "%appdata%" and find TDU/Atari folder and rename/delete it. Then do the same for the Atari/TDU folders that are inside Program Files folders - to make sure there are no remains. And install just basic necessary things per this tutorial. Report the result and then you may try additional patchs and modifications. Read the readme of the PP launcher and Platinum to make sure you install it exactly as recommended.

12 hours ago, postcd said:

This will likely not help you, but i do not know what you mean nothing works. Maybe try not to apply any additional things like yours mentioned patch "multiple prize cars". Maybe try renaming TDU folder from the Documents folder, i mean one that contains PLAYERSAVE and let create new profile in game. Or uninstall TDU, go to Win+R, type and execute "%appdata%" and find TDU/Atari folder and rename/delete it. Then do the same for the Atari/TDU folders that are inside Program Files folders - to make sure there are no remains. And install just basic necessary things per this tutorial. Report the result and then you may try additional patchs and modifications. Read the readme of the PP launcher and Platinum to make sure you install it exactly as recommended.

I have tried my best to follow everything, including installing TDU Platinum properly.

Still, it shows as 1.66A in the loading screen, not 0.03 or something.

Some cars show up, others don't, like Porsche 718 Boxster. I suspect it's performance issue?

1 hour ago, Rangga Putra said:

How to fix this?

IMG20210124044636.jpg

i think you need this to install at the folder where paradise launcher is locatd

D3DX9_43.dll

hey guys i finally found out why the A class cars driven by bots dont go fast especially at long straights they dont reach the top speed if it is over 350km/h 

if you look carefully at a forum reply 

you ll notice that it says that somewhere in game files is the following data

SpeedEffects=(350.0,10.0)             // Speed at which grip drops to half (m/s, 0.0 to disable), speed load equivalency (see above)

so if somebody could disable the speedeffects then the cars will be driven at their best

until that solution be happened i made a workaround that is i opened tduf and i cloned the A cars then i set the coefgrip to 2000 bcs since at 350km/h it will drop to half then it will become 1000 which is the default value so the cars will keep up accelerating and so it did happened

now i enjoy crazy races!!!!

18 hours ago, dorachueva said:

I have tried my best to follow everything, including installing TDU Platinum properly.

Still, it shows as 1.66A in the loading screen, not 0.03 or something.

Some cars show up, others don't, like Porsche 718 Boxster. I suspect it's performance issue?

If it says 1.66A, then Project Paradise is not working. If it is not working, bigbnk won't work either. 

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21