We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The picture is just an example of some cars. As you can see there is 7 seconds gap between Carrera gt and Lp640. 

Lap times at Nürburgring Nordschleife;

LP640 = 7:40.000 

Slr Mclaren = 7:40.000

Carrera GT = 7:29.000

As you can see these 3 cars have the same performance. Our race track is 5 times smaller than nordschleife. The difference between Cgt and Lp640 must be 2 seconds. That's why I say Murcielago and Slr is underrated (Tires are so slippery when you push the murcielago's to the maximum performance)

uuu.jpg

Edited by alpi11

On 3/17/2021 at 6:51 AM, alpi11 said:

The picture is just an example of some cars. As you can see there is 7 seconds gap between Carrera gt and Lp640. 

Lap times at Nürburgring Nordschleife;

LP640 = 7:40.000 

Slr Mclaren = 7:40.000

Carrera GT = 7:29.000

As you can see these 3 cars have the same performance. Our race track is 5 times smaller than nordschleife. The difference between Cgt and Lp640 must be 2 seconds. That's why I say Murcielago and Slr is underrated (Tires are so slippery when you push the murcielago's to the maximum performance)

uuu.jpg

That is not how it works at all. Each track may have a different settings. Some tracks are better for cars with cornering speeds, while others for sheer speed. Regardless their sizes. 

For instance, Monza is a track that cars with straight line speed will do well, which is not the case of Monaco.  Plus, how you deal with these cars also matters. 

Also, again, are these lap times done in hardcore mode?

Hello Milli! The girlfriend and I just wanted to say a "Big Thank You" for everything you have done with this Platinum Mod and with the latest update. The girlfriend and I are both newbies to this game and have been playing the original game throughout the winter months and she stumbled across the Platinum Mod and we were both a little nervous about downloading the Platinum Mod for this game but we are both sooo happy that we did. We are enjoying this Platinum Mod immensely for the last week and so far everything looks great and works perfectly. The only thing I have noticed so far when using her profile is when she tried to buy swimsuits lol. The swimsuits are invisible and when you buy one the character becomes invisible. Mind you we don't really care that much about the swimsuits because who really drives in a swimsuit lol but I thought I would mention it. Besides that everything seems absolutely awesome.

We can only imagine the endless hours it must have taken to put all of this together and because of that you have our deepest respect and love. We are having soooo much fun playing this game. The only other problem I have ... is getting the controller from her hands so that I can play too hehehe. 

52 minutes ago, Milli said:

The swinsuit is unfinished stuff from Atari. Sadly, when you make the normal clothes being accessible on bikes, you also have access to unfinished stuff. 

Also, yeah, this whole process of modding TDU started in August 2016. Lol 

Also, i am glad, really glad that you guys are enjoying it. This is what keeps me motivated to keep working on it, trying to make it even better. 

If you trying to make it better please update, because instead of listening to me you oppose but I just feedback to you . And no not hardcore mode, it is normal game mode with all assist's are off. Im driving automatic for automatic cars. Driving paddle shift for paddle shifting cars. Driving manual+clutch for manual cars.

1 hour ago, alpi11 said:

If you trying to make it better please update, because instead of listening to me you oppose but I just feedback to you . And no not hardcore mode, it is normal game mode with all assist's are off. Im driving automatic for automatic cars. Driving paddle shift for paddle shifting cars. Driving manual+clutch for manual cars.

Perhaps you should recognize, that TDU is not a simulation, like Project Cars.
If you want correct values / behavior at all, you should move on to these games.
TDU is an arcade game, just for some fun. 😉

23 hours ago, alpi11 said:

Then drive in Hardcore mode. All car physics were made for it. 

1 hour ago, postcd said:

You do not need to wait, the update was a small patch file, so i guess when/if new version will be out, you will not need to download all that gigabytes again.

Yes, v2.0 will be the whole thing again. Due to size.

15 hours ago, Nexxus said:

Just wondering how the progress for 2.0 is coming, wanting to install this on my new machine but saw that and thought of waiting.

It is really slow. I don't recommend waiting for it. It will take a long time. 

Hi, I've just tried this mod. Have few problems so far:

1. If I enable fuel mode, after loading into the game, the screen goes so bright for few seconds, then crashes to desktop. After disabling fuel mode, it runs normally.
  2. After the game closed, it can't start again. That's 2 sec of black screen when I double click the game .exe, or run from project paradise. This happens even for the vanilla game, so I think not related to Platinum.
  3. When I alt-tab out to desktop, and alt-tab back in game, it becomes black screen with window border. I heard in game sound but nothing works, even things in desktop got stuck. I have to kill TDU in task manager. Again, not sure if this is vanilla's problem...

(EDIT): #1 fuel mode only crash in car. e.g. if the game loads to apartments it's fine, but as soon as I leave, it crashes.

Is the 1.66A official patch not needed? coz I didn't install it. 

The biggest problem is #2, as I can't run the game unless I re-install the whole thing again... anyone knows a fix? Thanks in advance

Edited by Gausson
More info about fuel mode issue.

3 hours ago, Gausson said:

Hi, I've just tried this mod. Have few problems so far:

1. If I enable fuel mode, after loading into the game, the screen goes so bright for few seconds, then crashes to desktop. After disabling fuel mode, it runs normally.
  2. After the game closed, it can't start again. That's 2 sec of black screen when I double click the game .exe, or run from project paradise. This happens even for the vanilla game, so I think not related to Platinum.
  3. When I alt-tab out to desktop, and alt-tab back in game, it becomes black screen with window border. I heard in game sound but nothing works, even things in desktop got stuck. I have to kill TDU in task manager. Again, not sure if this is vanilla's problem...

(EDIT): #1 fuel mode only crash in car. e.g. if the game loads to apartments it's fine, but as soon as I leave, it crashes.

Is the 1.66A official patch not needed? coz I didn't install it. 

The biggest problem is #2, as I can't run the game unless I re-install the whole thing again... anyone knows a fix? Thanks in advance

Cannot say about #2 and #1, but #3 happens to me as well. I think it might be because the game's old.

Hi 

I have a question.

There was mentioned on first post that thre is 800 cars but only ~50% listed.
How i can check all otheres hidden vehicles? 

That cars are accesible by tuning existing vehicles or can be unlocked other way?
Someone can explain how it actually works?

Edited by Debosy

5 hours ago, DOOMSTUCK said:

I downloaded game and platinum mod but TDU servers are unavailable. I can't see players on map. How can I fix?

Maybe this is not the solution, but check this:

6) launch "TDU - Project Paradise Launcher" exe file, because stock exe file will fail to connect new TDU1 multiplayer server/s!

7) select your existing online profile in the game (if not have one, create new). Confirm that the nickname is valid. Tick the tickbox of GameSpy. Do NOT touch/modify your email and password. And execute.

Ques

11 hours ago, DOOMSTUCK said:

Essentially, I always start TDU with 'Project Paradise Launcher.exe' file. I have a question. I have a profile and just I have to tick the tickbox, is that all?

Are you sure your profile is an online one? 

Hello good Morning. I have little problem with the mod. When I participate in a race and reach the finish line, the game does not let me advance, the "next" button does not work. Is there any solution? give me hope please, I really like this mod and I don't want to get to the point of uninstalling the game 😞

hello everyone,   i downloaded everything the game is running but i face some problems :

the acceleration and speed of the cars are loo based to what it's supposed

for example : the first race with alpha romeo    it takes me 22 second to reach 60 mp/h

no power i don't get it

Hello, i have a weird problem, i installed everything as should, i have all the updates and stuff, but half of the cars doesnt load or load rly slowly for me...maybe it's my notebook?
Here's my spec:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz   2.40 GHz
8gb ram
Nvidia 940m
and SSD 500gb.

22 minutes ago, BulkinS said:

Hello, i have a weird problem, i installed everything as should, i have all the updates and stuff, but half of the cars doesnt load or load rly slowly for me...maybe it's my notebook?
Here's my spec:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz   2.40 GHz
8gb ram
Nvidia 940m
and SSD 500gb.

i dont know much but im sure that tdu's specs are at least 3.0GHz

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21