We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

9 hours ago, Homelander said:

Type "tdu platinum car list" on Google, you might find a first topic "gtplanet"...

I did that already, obviously. That list is out of date. I've looked all over search results. I can't find an up to date list.

Edited by revanfan

The list of the gtplanet's topic has been released after the first TDU Platinum update (look at the date of both), logically it should contain all, but you probably have to add to it, the latest upgrades & cars added on the "Platinum Patch Update(s)".

Also possible the guy who did the list missed some cars.

Edited by Homelander

On 8/29/2021 at 9:10 AM, Milli said:

My way of counting is a bit of Gran Turismo styled. If a car has a roof on or a roof off, i count them as 2 different cars. Specially because they are different cars in the game database, each with their own setup of colors, rims, tuning packs.

I tried to count all of those as "convertible" versions myself, but I guess I must have missed some alterations somewhere. I guess maybe some where the difference was so minor I couldn't see it? Huh. Oh well.

By the way, how difficult is it to use TDUF to replace the "custom car" slots with downloaded mod cars? I don't recall seeing any actual tutorials for how to do so. If a link to one has been posted in the recent past, forgive me for missing it.

19 hours ago, MagicV8 said:

I would say, pick them up from your game backup you surely have, haven't you?
Or reinstall the vanilla game to another place and copy the file from there.

What do you mean? Also,I still did not install the game nor platinum,it is downloaded,but I am waiting for an answer.What files should i back up to get the original graphics,I don't want those platinum remastered graphics.How do I do that?What should i backup and then paste after installing platinum? If it isn't possible,no worries,I can still play the game.

Edited by Ad__0661809

12 hours ago, Ad__0661809 said:

What do you mean? Also,I still did not install the game nor platinum,it is downloaded,but I am waiting for an answer.What files should i back up to get the original graphics,I don't want those platinum remastered graphics.How do I do that?What should i backup and then paste after installing platinum? If it isn't possible,no worries,I can still play the game.

Question is why you don't want it? Platinum original graphics is almost as original, if you properlly install it. It is as light as original aswell. 

It won't have night, or bright pink skies you often see in videos or photos. Those are more likely post mods people often add and mess up the graphics. 

If i were you, i'd give it a try, don't think you'll regret.

21 hours ago, Ad__0661809 said:

Copy back the complete FX folder within the BNK folder.
I just can't remember, if landscape/building textures were replaced. So you could also replace the LEVELS and INTERIOR folders.

At least I support Millis statement 🙂

6 hours ago, NexG07 said:

Hello @Milli , I have a question ... I understand that you can put 10 custom vehicles, how can I do it?

First step is to replace the files (as example):

Custom_1.bnk with exterior for your first car mod. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules)
Custom_1_I.bnk with interior for your first car mod. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules)
Custom_1_F_01.bnk - Custom_1_F_08.bnk with the rims you want for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules\Rim\Custom)
Custom_1_audio.bnk with sound for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Vehicules)
Custom_1_WHUD.bnk with the low resolution gauges for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\LowRes\Gauges)
Custom_1_WHUD.bnk with the high resolution gauges for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\Gauges)

"If exist" means, if not existent, you could try here files by other modders. But you could do anyway.
Name your new mod files like the ones given by Milli, like Custom_...

Next step would be to go into changing performance data for your first car mod with Djeys Tool TDUF.

Edited by MagicV8

9 hours ago, Milli said:

Question is why you don't want it? Platinum original graphics is almost as original, if you properlly install it. It is as light as original aswell. 

It won't have night, or bright pink skies you often see in videos or photos. Those are more likely post mods people often add and mess up the graphics. 

If i were you, i'd give it a try, don't think you'll regret.

1 hour ago, MagicV8 said:

Copy back the complete FX folder within the BNK folder.
I just can't remember, if landscape/building textures were replaced. So you could also replace the LEVELS and INTERIOR folders.

At least I support Millis statement 🙂

First step is to replace the files (as example):

Custom_1.bnk with exterior for your first car mod. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules)
Custom_1_I.bnk with interior for your first car mod. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules)
Custom_1_F_01.bnk - Custom_1_F_08.bnk with the rims you want for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules\Rim\Custom)
Custom_1_audio.bnk with sound for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Vehicules)
Custom_1_WHUD.bnk with the low resolution gauges for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\LowRes\Gauges)
Custom_1_WHUD.bnk with the high resolution gauges for your first car mod, if exists. (Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\Gauges)

"If exist" means, if not existent, you could try here files by other modders. But you could do anyway.
Name your new mod files like the ones given by Milli, like Custom_...

Next step would be to go into changing performance data for your first car mod with Djeys Tool TDUF.

Thank you both! About the remastered graphics... I used to play it the last three months,uninstalling and installing. I think the remastered graphics feel dry and kind of the game feels depressing/dead(no offence). Or maybe it was just me. I will try both. I play on max settings on a 2012 gaming pc. Always disabled that FX in project paradise before.Thank you all again!

UPDATE: I will try tdu platinum without the old graphics again. I will add hawaiian bliss too. Are there any other graphic mods that make the game more happier/colorful/with contrast/better? I heard of tdu 1 reshade for project paradise. I wonder if there are graphics that look like tdu 2 Maybe some with night,too!(if there is)

Edited by Ad__0661809

19 hours ago, NexG07 said:

Hello there
There is no tutorial on how to change the performance data of car mods with Djeys Tool TDUF? and how to install and use this tool?

extract all files, launch exe, search for the database folder, open car slot.

The peformance change itself is self explanatory. Just change the numbers of the categories.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:26 AM, NexG07 said:

Hello there
There is no tutorial on how to change the performance data of car mods with Djeys Tool TDUF? and how to install and use this tool?

He should make a tutorial. Here is how to load TDU1 database in TDUF:

0) download TDUF & run gui-common inside SW folder

1) make sure databasse is loaded:
click "..." next to Database field and select Database folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\
click Load, select Test Drive Unlimited folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\
2) export original car data (optional, you can then return to original state of the car):
select car name / Export / TDUF patch / select correct car / Use All / save file

image tutorial (official TDUF thread). Description of various car physics parameters here.

Edited by postcd

Hello, when numerous (not all) Pagani Zonda cars are invisible in garage (example Zonda R) and game crash when i activate such a car (and crash on each start until restoring savegame & switching to other car & restoring back), also when someone drive such Zonda car i do not see him in the game, only player counter is +1. How do you suggest to fix it without full reinstall? What are .bnk files names to check? I do not remember i would replace Zonda .bnk file/s beside what was replaced by applying the Platinum pack, patch 2.

Edited by 123456abc

On 9/4/2021 at 5:45 AM, Ad__0661809 said:

Thank you both! About the remastered graphics... I used to play it the last three months,uninstalling and installing. I think the remastered graphics feel dry and kind of the game feels depressing/dead(no offence). Or maybe it was just me. I will try both. I play on max settings on a 2012 gaming pc. Always disabled that FX in project paradise before.Thank you all again!

UPDATE: I will try tdu platinum without the old graphics again. I will add hawaiian bliss too. Are there any other graphic mods that make the game more happier/colorful/with contrast/better? I heard of tdu 1 reshade for project paradise. I wonder if there are graphics that look like tdu 2 Maybe some with night,too!(if there is)

I told you to not add extra weather mods. 

Platinum has it's own weather system built in, which is brighter and with more saturation that vanilla TDU.  You don't need any extra weather mod for it. 

Also, make sure you DISABLE the "fx tweak" in Project Paradise launcher. 

2 hours ago, 123456abc said:

Hello, when numerous (not all) Pagani Zonda cars are invisible in garage (example Zonda R) and game crash when i activate such a car (and crash on each start until restoring savegame & switching to other car & restoring back), also when someone drive such Zonda car i do not see him in the game, only player counter is +1. How do you suggest to fix it without full reinstall? What are .bnk files names to check? I do not remember i would replace Zonda .bnk file/s beside what was replaced by applying the Platinum pack, patch 2.

Enable big.bnk in the project paradise launcher.

18 hours ago, Milli said:

Make sure your project paradise is working.  It must read v0.03 in the start screen. 

Thanks for your support. Yes, in game it shown 0,03 A

What helped to fix invisible cars was to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk and then extract Bnk folder from Platinum pack archive TDU Platinum v1.0.zip. I have seen that the renamed Bnk folder contains more files than the Bnk folder from Platinum pack, so i have copied these additional files over (copy contents and not overwrite existing files). Zonda cars are visible and drive-able now. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21