We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know what it is, but I have had a real motherfucker of a time trying to get TDU platinum to stay running. It installs fine and then it works. But for some reason for no particular cause it just stops working. It will boot up and show the TDU logo very darkly on all my screens. Then just refuse to start up. No matter what I do I cannot get the game to start consistently anymore.

I have removed d3d9.dll and started the game with both the regular exe and project paradise.

I have the crack to avoid the DRM

I have removed enbseries

I have installed patch 1.12

I have run in compatibility mode.( from xp to windows 8 )

I have run as windows

I have run as windows with settings unlocked.

I have installed the game on a different drive

I have run the game off of a flash drive

I have run it in 640x480 in settings in the properties tab.

installed a generation earlier of drivers ( Adrenalin 21.4.1 Recommended (WHQL )

For some reason, after a few months. The game just refuses to start up no matter what. 

i currently have it deleted and cleaned the registry, but under no circumstance did it ever turn back on. Someone help me, I refuse to belive this game became self aware and just headed out to lunch. 

On 4/23/2022 at 6:49 PM, Blu-Toof said:

TDU logo very darkly

I have seen this too. I guess i am not alone, try search engine, here or google like d@rk screen TDU1, d@rk startup screen TDU1 etc.

In this tdu1 setup tutorial (which i suggest) is mentioned following issue (i am not sure if it is the same, looks similar):

- game black screen in project paradise, not without it - Go to testdriveunlimited.exe properties -> select compatibility tab -> change settings for all users -> change high dpi settings -> check both "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings" and "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and set Scaling performed by "Application". This will solve the issue. (feedback welcome regarding this workaround)

You should try it when the game is in default mode (like stock game, then Platinum, no customization that you have tried and described above)
And if you make it working, share what helped and backup your profile or whole drive (i use RedoRescue software).

Edited by vit-jan0

Hey, I played platinum a few years ago for quite some time but I wanted to come back to it and I now have a strange problem I don't recall having before... No matter what tdu I load up (Project Paradise, Test Drive Unlimited, Test Drive Unlimited (Old)) even while running as administrator, It always loads up my offline profiles. I can't find my online profiles with all my progress... I do NOT want to restart unless I have too so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

On 4/24/2022 at 1:40 PM, vit-jan0 said:

I have seen this too. I guess i am not alone, try search engine, here or google like d@rk screen TDU1, d@rk startup screen TDU1 etc.

In this tdu1 setup tutorial (which i suggest) is mentioned following issue (i am not sure if it is the same, looks similar):

You should try it when the game is in default mode (like stock game, then Platinum, no customization that you have tried and described above)
And if you make it working, share what helped and backup your profile or whole drive (i use RedoRescue software).

No dice homie. It did the same old started with no d3d9 but cant use high res cars. Then when i put d3d9 in it wouldn't start at all

On 4/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, Blu-Toof said:

I dont know what it is, but I have had a real motherfucker of a time trying to get TDU platinum to stay running. It installs fine and then it works. But for some reason for no particular cause it just stops working. It will boot up and show the TDU logo very darkly on all my screens. Then just refuse to start up. No matter what I do I cannot get the game to start consistently anymore.

I have removed d3d9.dll and started the game with both the regular exe and project paradise.

I have the crack to avoid the DRM

I have removed enbseries

I have installed patch 1.12

I have run in compatibility mode.( from xp to windows 8 )

I have run as windows

I have run as windows with settings unlocked.

I have installed the game on a different drive

I have run the game off of a flash drive

I have run it in 640x480 in settings in the properties tab.

installed a generation earlier of drivers ( Adrenalin 21.4.1 Recommended (WHQL )

For some reason, after a few months. The game just refuses to start up no matter what. 

i currently have it deleted and cleaned the registry, but under no circumstance did it ever turn back on. Someone help me, I refuse to belive this game became self aware and just headed out to lunch. 

Check the troubleshooting guide here if you haven't already.

I would suggest starting over with a new install to rule out whatever extra changes you've made. Install TDU base game and drop Platinum on top of it, apply the 1.12 patch. Then go through the troubleshooting guide.

Also there were reports of some versions like TDU Gold causing issues.  It should be fine, but check archive.org or abandonware sites for other isos if necessary.

4 hours ago, TheHWGuy429 said:

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what version of the game do I need to be able to play this mod?

Any version out of official DVD i guess. But as Iceman above mentioned, Gold may have issues.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:31 AM, LIV890D said:

can i run it with a cracked game or need the og one?

I doubt they would have modified other file than main .exe and if i remember correctly, Platinum pack has its own exe included so it would be replaced anyway? I know someone mentioned that no-cd crack .exe worked. By saying this i do not endorse using pirated SW.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This mod is awesome. Thanks for your work.

I don't see any issue while running the game on Linux with wine and Vulkan. Even the TDU servers (if exist) with the Paradise Project Launcher work.

But I have a suggestion : the roads signs with text (especially "STOP", "ONE WAY" and "EXIT ONLY") need to have a better resolution texture. Texts on them are too much blurry. 

3 hours ago, yitianetie said:

Hi,

This mod is awesome. Thanks for your work.

I don't see any issue while running the game on Linux with wine and Vulkan. Even the TDU servers (if exist) with the Paradise Project Launcher work.

But I have a suggestion : the roads signs with text (especially "STOP", "ONE WAY" and "EXIT ONLY") need to have a better resolution texture. Texts on them are too much blurry. 

There are lots of graphics mods out there for that sort of thing. Maybe there will be something done about it, I don't know.

hey
i have problem with tdu platinium. it looks more or less like i have invisible cars in showrooms that i can't buy. I found information that the reason is that the game is above 90 fps. That's why I tried to set these 90 or even 60 fps with various programs but it did not work.
Vsync is on all the time and also does nothing. The best part is that I played this mod a year ago and I didn't have a single problem with fps. Is there any way to fix this?

obraz_2022-05-12_163009455.png

obraz_2022-05-12_163017000.png

2 hours ago, Fessin5 said:

invisible cars

I hope someone else help you better as i am probably wrong here. One of the reasons may be missing or damaged car files in Program FIles / ... / Euro / Bnk / Vehicules. I would try using original files, not applying any car pack or similar. Then try again. Then try Platinum patch files, Try again. Also i suggest to search the phrase i have quoted above (!nv!s!ble cars) in this thread (you are definitely not alone to have this issue). If you manage to make it working, please tell others how you did it.

Edited by vit-jan0

47 minutes ago, vit-jan0 said:

I hope someone else help you better as i am probably wrong here. One of the reasons may be missing or damaged car files in Program FIles / ... / Euro / Bnk / Vehicules. I would try using original files, not applying any car pack or similar. Then try again. Then try Platinum patch files, Try again. Also i suggest to search the phrase i have quoted above (!nv!s!ble cars) in this thread (you are definitely not alone to have this issue). If you manage to make it working, please tell others how you did it.

unfortunately this method did not work 😞

Edit: I found out that it is possible to take such a car in the rental shop which ultimately causes the game to crash

Edited by Fessin5

7 hours ago, Fessin5 said:
hey
i have problem with tdu platinium. it looks more or less like i have invisible cars in showrooms that i can't buy. I found information that the reason is that the game is above 90 fps. That's why I tried to set these 90 or even 60 fps with various programs but it did not work.
Vsync is on all the time and also does nothing. The best part is that I played this mod a year ago and I didn't have a single problem with fps. Is there any way to fix this?

obraz_2022-05-12_163009455.png

obraz_2022-05-12_163017000.png

In the main menu, the game says v0.03a or does it says 1.66a or 1.68b?

6 hours ago, Milli said:

In the main menu, the game says v0.03a or does it says 1.66a or 1.68b?

1.66a but I was able to solve the problem in a surprising way. Well, all you have to do is ... run the game by simply TDU and not TDU Paradise Launcher xD. So the topic is closed, but thank you very much for your willingness to help 😄

obraz_2022-05-13_060424812.png

Hi TDU Platnium forms.
Before I start I wanna say big thanks for reviving this game from 2006, shows real effort for a mod that took years.
I have 2 questions: 1. Can I use an xbox steering wheel? 2: I can't get online, all it does is freeze up the game and have to restart my computer.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, Guest Anonymous said:

all it does is freeze up the game

i think that You should describe this situation in greater detail, like on which screen what do you see exactly and if offline profile works OK. If offline profile plays ok and online says "connecting" kind of message. It may be the issue with the internet, firewall (removing TDU from it, or adding it manually, temp. disabling antivirus, firewall - i know it is bad idea under some conditions) or you may try to use different internet - a VPN. For example protonmail.com has free one. Make sure that you have followed paradise launcher read-me file exactly to create valid online profile. Please mention how the issue was fixed if you will find the fix.

Edited by vit-jan0

15 minutes ago, vit-jan0 said:

offline profile plays ok and online says "connecting" kind of message. It may be the issue with the internet, firewall (removing TDU from it, or adding it manually, temp. disabling antivirus, firewall - i know it is bad idea under some conditions) or you may try to use different internet - a VPN. For example protonmail.com has free one.

it says that the online profile says connecting and wont do anything, I let it attempt to connect (might be because im from a country with bad internet) Also can you please specify where to find the "read me" file from the paradise launcher

24 minutes ago, Blueberryerry said:

You have not addressed everything what I have mentioned, but your description may suggest internet issue which possible solutions (i am aware about) i have described in previous post. Regarding read-me.  file, i have the file named "ReadMe.txt" which contains this. I meant that it is important to follow especially this part: "check the GameSpy ID case and NOT TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL OR PASSWORD OR YOUR SAVEGAME WILL BE RESET!". If you wish, PM me if you have questions to what i have suggested.

59 minutes ago, vit-jan0 said:

You have not addressed everything what I have mentioned, but your description may suggest internet issue which possible solutions (i am aware about) i have described in previous post. Regarding read-me.  file, i have the file named "ReadMe.txt" which contains this. I meant that it is important to follow especially this part: "check the GameSpy ID case and NOT TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL OR PASSWORD OR YOUR SAVEGAME WILL BE RESET!". If you wish, PM me if you have questions to what i have suggested.

Thanks for the file, I should be able to fix the game.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21