We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Well I blinked and missed this bit... 
I've played and streamed TDU via project paradise a couple of times using my old profile in the last few months. Not really had much time for games recently until I saw the YT video... Sat there with my chin on my desk for a while and tonight finally did the download.
So impressed, utterly gobsmacked, Milli and the whole team involved with keeping this alive. 
Thought i'd log in and say this before I start to play with the game files. That may have to wait as it's nearly 1am here in the UK.

Once again you have my thanks, who would have thought this was possible after Atari killed the servers all those years ago.

To Ryzza, Pogo, Duke and all the sunday night cruisers, I'm hopeful to see you all once again on Oahu. Time to go and recreate some of those hardcore stunts we all used to love.

EDIT... I just looked at my user profile... 9 years since I signed up for TDUC 🙄 OMG

TDU first played in 2007, Ace project done and reading through the install notes it appears I have to sell all 165 cars  😞  Is this still required or is there a work around which will allow me to keep all my current assets?

20091117001923.thumb.jpg.b9b601cfc358dc44ea6c0edbdf689632.jpg

Edited by Rebuilda

4 hours ago, Rebuilda said:

Well I blinked and missed this bit... 
I've played and streamed TDU via project paradise a couple of times using my old profile in the last few months. Not really had much time for games recently until I saw the YT video... Sat there with my chin on my desk for a while and tonight finally did the download.
So impressed, utterly gobsmacked, Milli and the whole team involved with keeping this alive. 
Thought i'd log in and say this before I start to play with the game files. That may have to wait as it's nearly 1am here in the UK.

Once again you have my thanks, who would have thought this was possible after Atari killed the servers all those years ago.

To Ryzza, Pogo, Duke and all the sunday night cruisers, I'm hopeful to see you all once again on Oahu. Time to go and recreate some of those hardcore stunts we all used to love.

EDIT... I just looked at my user profile... 9 years since I signed up for TDUC 🙄 OMG

TDU first played in 2007, Ace project done and reading through the install notes it appears I have to sell all 165 cars  😞  Is this still required or is there a work around which will allow me to keep all my current assets?

-img-

It is not "Necessary", it is recommended though.  What i suggest is that you take the Alfa GT out, and save the game. Then you install the mod. That way when you load up the profile, it won't risk to crash as soon as it loads up. 

Now, the risk of that some cars that you had previously don't work correctly, is there. So, do it at your own risk. 

Edit: Also, if you really don't want to lose your vehicles, make a backup of the profiles, so you can pop them back in case you want to play original TDU again. Like, 2 different TDU installations in different folders...

Hi there! sorry to bother but i want to ask if there is a way to change the rims of the cars that you already own, i don't know if i recall correctly but you could change the rims in the tuning shops, i don't exactly know because i really don't remember correctly but i could swear that you could do that, it's been years of not playing TDU before installing Platinum, thanks in advance for any answer.
Sorry if i misspell something :c 

6 hours ago, Noire said:

Hi there! sorry to bother but i want to ask if there is a way to change the rims of the cars that you already own, i don't know if i recall correctly but you could change the rims in the tuning shops, i don't exactly know because i really don't remember correctly but i could swear that you could do that, it's been years of not playing TDU before installing Platinum, thanks in advance for any answer.
Sorry if i misspell something :c 

No you can not. TDU 1 never allowed it. About classic cars, you must wait it show up available with the rim you want/like better. 

The SVT Mustang Cobra R's physics powerband and rpm sound is way too short and stubby.

It has a 6500 RPM range but ingame it feels flawed.

Can you consider adding higher RPM pitch to the sound?

It sound like it revs out at only like 4k RPM...which in turn makes the car feel stubby

3 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

The SVT Mustang Cobra R's physics powerband and rpm sound is way too short and stubby.

It has a 6500 RPM range but ingame it feels flawed.

Can you consider adding higher RPM pitch to the sound?

It sound like it revs out at only like 4k RPM...which in turn makes the car feel stubby

I don't make sound mods. I don't make mods at all. All i did was gather everything i could find online. 

24 minutes ago, Angie79 said:

Hi Milli,

I got a problem with the race "le rêve au bout des doigts" (dreams at top of your fingers???). The game crash (return to the desktop) when i click to start the race.

Do you know how to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

-img-

Download the file attached in this post and replace it in the Ige folder.  (Will be added to the update patch v1.04 aswell)

9 minutes ago, fatal said:

Hey Milli,

Does the 1.03 contains the older patches? I didn't download 1.02, only 1.01 and 1.03.

Yes.

RACE02.IGE

1 hour ago, MajorTom said:

Hey today, visiting dealers I came across an interesting Bug - taking It MITSUBISHI to ride a test woman instead of sitting next to sitting on the roof

IMG_3090.JPG

Not the first one to notice that. 

Again, that problem is with the car file, it happens because who created the car did not set the passenger position. There is nothing i can do about it, as i would need to HEX unlock the car file, which is seen as mod theft by the community.  It was either that, or remove the car from the game, which would you choose? 

On 4/30/2019 at 4:17 PM, TDU Iceman said:

DS4Windows - Jays2Kings Build (Version 1.4.52) 

I believe this was by the original maintainer, before the project got forked.

Also there is a quirk to it. Before closing the program, I always have an app running called USB Safely Remove. I use that to do a safe removal of the (emulated) Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller before closing DS4Windows.

Because if the x360 emulated driver doesn't automatically remove itself after closing DS4Windows, then it breaks and you can't use it anymore until you do a hard reboot. This screws the OS to the point you can't even shut down via Windows, so you'll have to manually hold the power button to power off.

It sounds messed up but its the best solution I've found for my system atm. Anyway its almost always a reliable process, so I've been sticking with it.. (and it has good rumble and touchpad mouse support). Maybe x360ce works too, but iirc I couldn't get it working right.

I just can't get it working for some reason, but then I realized I have Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510 sitting on the table collecting dust, decided to try my F510 and put this controller into Xinput mode and surprisingly it fixed my issues.

Hello, I have concerns regarding standard radio stations in tdu files, if I want to edit the songs in my choosing how many songs are limit to one station?

I am talking about the standard radio stations that are found in the tdu files, not the my documents, profile and custom radio ones since I heard its 32, although I can only play 30 songs per custom station.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21