We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:05 PM, Djey said:

It might be related to some per-camera view settings in game files (although cameras.bin is not fully supported, and may never be...)

When I wrote cameras editor in TDUF, I was helped by a russian (I guess) tool, translated into english. Some view settings were named after 'binoculars' 🤔, others have still unknown effects.

So you should try change such values in TDUF and see what happens. Good luck...

On 6/14/2019 at 2:28 PM, Milli said:

Not that i know of.

The questioon rised when, driving the Lotus Exige S, I noticed that the FOV of that car was much narrower than any other car I driven before.

So I will try to play a bit with the settings of TDUF. Maybe I will be able to find the exact setting and, even, make a comparison between the effect it has to the actual FOV values.

EDIT/UPDATE

Looks like @Djey was right. Binoculars is, indeed, the value that controls the FOV of the game. I've tried messing with the visual of "Ferrari LaFerrari", and got curious results. You need just small variation to the value to obtain relevant results, and going more that 100 units at a time breaks the FOV or simply starts all over again (obtained similar results with 16650 and 10000, for example).

Now I need to now how to relate the "binoculars" value to actual FOV degrees units. If someone has an idea, pleas share. Maybe I will create a dedicated post in the mod section, since this matter was never talkend in the forum about TDU, but just TDU 2 (that has a little mods that does the job)

Here's the results I got messing with it:

Spoiler

Here's with the default value of 16697:

WAxgqsa.jpg

And this is with a value of 16675:

L04WuNt.jpg

Edited by Mondodimotori
UPDATED

5 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

The questioon rised when, driving the Lotus Exige S, I noticed that the FOV of that car was much narrower than any other car I driven before.

So I will try to play a bit with the settings of TDUF. Maybe I will be able to find the exact setting and, even, make a comparison between the effect it has to the actual FOV values.

EDIT/UPDATE

Looks like @Djey was right. Binoculars is, indeed, the value that controls the FOV of the game. I've tried messing with the visual of "Ferrari LaFerrari", and got curious results. You need just small variation to the value to obtain relevant results, and going more that 100 units at a time breaks the FOV or simply starts all over again (obtained similar results with 16650 and 10000, for example).

Now I need to now how to relate the "binoculars" value to actual FOV degrees units. If someone has an idea, pleas share. Maybe I will create a dedicated post in the mod section, since this matter was never talkend in the forum about TDU, but just TDU 2 (that has a little mods that does the job)

Hide contents

WAxgqsa.jpg

L04WuNt.jpg

Yeah, camera editing is small changes. If you edit a way too high value, it will screw it up. 

How has this mod affected physics in this game?

I've never played TDU before, so I don't really know how to compare the physics before and after.

I also checked the various files that might hold the physics files such as the "Physics" folder in the BnK folder, but I noticed that the physics file has been left unchanged since 2006.

Edited by YaGottaHelpMeMan

5 hours ago, YaGottaHelpMeMan said:

How has this mod affected physics in this game?

I've never played TDU before, so I don't really know how to compare the physics before and after.

I also checked the various files that might hold the physics files such as the "Physics" folder in the BnK folder, but I noticed that the physics file has been left unchanged since 2006.

Each car in TDU has it's own individual physics. The game engine physics is the same, but each car has been tweaked individually. 

That file is called CarPhysicsData.db, and it is located inside the file DB.bnk, in your Database folder.

11 hours ago, Milli said:

Yeah, camera editing is small changes. If you edit a way too high value, it will screw it up. 

16 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

EDIT/UPDATE

Reveal hidden contents

WAxgqsa.jpg

L04WuNt.jpg

Interesting! Imo that's why when reverse-engineering, I had to guess in Cameras.bin how many bits are used for this or that (and whether they're signed or not...); since most of cameras settings are 16bit encoded, I assumed that would be the same for Binoculars (0..65535, or -32768..32767).

According tou your findings, it seems that only last 8bits are relevant.

e.g

(16b decimal) => binary

16697    0100 0001 0011 1001 DEFAULT
16675    ‭0100 0001 0010 0011‬ + ZOOM

16650    ‭0100 0001 0000 1010‬
10000    ‭0010 0111 0001 0000‬

and now, if we'd only keep relevant, last 8bits:

(binary => 8b decimal unsigned)

0011 1001 => 57
0010 0011‬ => 35

0000 1010‬ => 10
0001 0000‬ => 16.

So, first 8bits must have effect on another view setting... hard to guess...

Anyway, this conversation may be continued in TDUF thread or new dedicated topic about Cameras.bin research. 🤓

26 minutes ago, Djey said:

Interesting! Imo that's why when reverse-engineering, I had to guess in Cameras.bin how many bits are used for this or that (and whether they're signed or not...); since most of cameras settings are 16bit encoded, I assumed that would be the same for Binoculars (0..65535, or -32768..32767).

According tou your findings, it seems that only last 8bits are relevant.

e.g

(16b decimal) => binary

16697    0100 0001 0011 1001 DEFAULT
16675    ‭0100 0001 0010 0011‬ + ZOOM

16650    ‭0100 0001 0000 1010‬
10000    ‭0010 0111 0001 0000‬

and now, if we'd only keep relevant, last 8bits:

(binary => 8b decimal unsigned)

0011 1001 => 57
0010 0011‬ => 35

0000 1010‬ => 10
0001 0000‬ => 16.

So, first 8bits must have effect on another view setting... hard to guess...

Anyway, this conversation may be continued in TDUF thread or new dedicated topic about Cameras.bin research. 🤓

Good, In the next hours I will open a new thread about cameras. 

But, to correct you, all numbers are relevant. I obtained good results (similar to 16675) using 10000. It means that every numbers or so, the FOV cicles. 

7 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

... So anybody can link me to the tutorial I asked about? Unless they don't exist?

I'd really appreciate...

It's how people been doing since first mods. Replacing files. 

How to replace files:

How to add new rims:

So far, those are the "tutorials".  And yeah, it's not much, and you still have to figure things out by yourself.

3 hours ago, Milli said:

It's how people been doing since first mods. Replacing files. 

How to replace files:

How to add new rims:

So far, those are the "tutorials".  And yeah, it's not much, and you still have to figure things out by yourself.

Since the site was re-worked like last year or so, all the links in the first thread you link to lead to "page doesn't exist" page.

Second one is working since it's newer, I think I may be able to find what I want, at least for the wheels. Tho, since TDUPE doesn't seems to work correctly anymore in editing the database, I used TDUF, but with TDUF, I don't understand how you can create and add a performance pack, so that you can "upgrade" the car using TDUF.

39 minutes ago, RsZ28 said:

Since the site was re-worked like last year or so, all the links in the first thread you link to lead to "page doesn't exist" page.

Second one is working since it's newer, I think I may be able to find what I want, at least for the wheels. Tho, since TDUPE doesn't seems to work correctly anymore in editing the database, I used TDUF, but with TDUF, I don't understand how you can create and add a performance pack, so that you can "upgrade" the car using TDUF.

And i can't teach you how to mod the game here in the thread aswell. 

I don't know if that's the right topic to address this, but here it is:

As you can see in the picture bellow there's something wrong with the doors shaders (I think) from the SLR McLaren model. It seems like the door shader is set backwards or something since the light effect does not follow the rest of the car's body. That's been bothering me for quite awhile now. Just to note as a bug if it's not already a known issue...

20190602202657.thumb.jpg.d33346ca25d1a1518c0b73f4d6d2b91f.jpg

The rest of the model is very good, actually. I'm just hoping if it will be possible to replace the original SLR wheels (the famous fan-shaped) in a future update:

image.thumb.png.6a44b77272135dfebba8f5b585b49c67.png

The one that the mod is using is from the original TDU and it is not very good.

Thanks for everyone involved in the project that made it possible! Fantastic work! 😄

Edited by brSiRiuS

8 hours ago, brSiRiuS said:

I don't know if that's the right topic to address this, but here it is:

As you can see in the picture bellow there's something wrong with the doors shaders (I think) from the SLR McLaren model. It seems like the door shader is set backwards or something since the light effect does not follow the rest of the car's body. That's been bothering me for quite awhile now. Just to note as a bug if it's not already a known issue...

-slr-

The rest of the model is very good, actually. I'm just hoping if it will be possible to replace the original SLR wheels (the famous fan-shaped) in a future update:

-img-

The one that the mod is using is from the original TDU and it is not very good.

Thanks for everyone involved in the project that made it possible! Fantastic work! 😄

Nothing can be done, as i don't unlock the .3dg files. And no, the car is not using original TDU rims. It's a mod. Miha's SLR, body and rim. 

Hi! Thank you guy for this amazing work. Used to play TDU a long time ago and it's a pleasure to enjoy again cruising in Hawaii!

I just have one question: did you remap and config all races? I don't recall the races like that or is it me !? And UI level seems harder too.

Is there any chance to put again the original races back and original UI to try it out again? Kids would appreciate it 😉 Thanks!

Keep it up!

16 hours ago, fhqwhgads said:

This could be related to running the game at a too high framerate. Enable vsync in Project Paradise or your GPU settings.

It's already enabled on Project Paradise

I tried enabling on my gpu settings and both cases the same problem happened 

I think I'm crashing on traffic cars that didn't rendered 

There are certain races that this happens, like speedtrap one

Sorry for the bad english

14 hours ago, knakikrakot said:

Hi! Thank you guy for this amazing work. Used to play TDU a long time ago and it's a pleasure to enjoy again cruising in Hawaii!

I just have one question: did you remap and config all races? I don't recall the races like that or is it me !? And UI level seems harder too.

Is there any chance to put again the original races back and original UI to try it out again? Kids would appreciate it 😉 Thanks!

Keep it up!

Did you play on PS2 by chance? It was very different from the PC/360 versions.

12 hours ago, CRK said:

It's already enabled on Project Paradise

I tried enabling on my gpu settings and both cases the same problem happened 

I think I'm crashing on traffic cars that didn't rendered 

There are certain races that this happens, like speedtrap one

Sorry for the bad english

Don't worry about your English, it's quite good!

Does it happen immediately after starting, or after a while? Try using the 4gb executables from the update if you aren't. Otherwise it may be an issue with a traffic car file, if you're noticing some traffic vehicles aren't appearing.

Guys, how can I change my rims, specifically the colour ?

I wanted to pick up a BMW M3 E30, but it was a car that needed reservation. The one on show in the showroom had White/Shiny rims, but when I got mine I got ugly black rims. I went to the paint shops and tuners but none of them offer to change the rims or its colour. What should I do ?

1 hour ago, hawkera_prime said:

Guys, how can I change my rims, specifically the colour ?

I wanted to pick up a BMW M3 E30, but it was a car that needed reservation. The one on show in the showroom had White/Shiny rims, but when I got mine I got ugly black rims. I went to the paint shops and tuners but none of them offer to change the rims or its colour. What should I do ?

Wait the E30 to be available with the correct set of wheels you want.  TDU never allowed rim painting.  Different color on rims actually mean a totally different rim for the game. 

Keep checking it out.

1 hour ago, Milli said:

Wait the E30 to be available with the correct set of wheels you want.  TDU never allowed rim painting.  Different color on rims actually mean a totally different rim for the game. 

Keep checking it out.

So after I reserve it I have to wait until the showroom gets delivered the right one ?

On 5/31/2019 at 10:22 PM, fhqwhgads said:

Hmmm, sorry then, don't know what the problem is. Only other thing I can think of is if you're using Platinum's Patch HD, try running without it. Regardless of specs, it can cause performance issues. Likely an engine-side problem.

I'm using a laptop with 16gb ram, GTX 1070, and i7-7700 HQ and have not seen these issues. Your PC should have no problem.

Do you mean the HD fx tweak?

Or is there some other HD thing I am misremembering?

12 hours ago, fhqwhgads said:

Did you play on PS2 by chance? It was very different from the PC/360 versions.

Don't worry about your English, it's quite good!

Does it happen immediately after starting, or after a while? Try using the 4gb executables from the update if you aren't. Otherwise it may be an issue with a traffic car file, if you're noticing some traffic vehicles aren't appearing.

It happens after some minutes playing

I´m playing with the latest update

I didn´t find these executables

There seems to be a glitch in where if you do a vehicle transport mission, there will be at times where if you're driving perfectly, the game removes $200-500 worth of the original amount that you were promised as if you've either crashed into a car or go out of bounds.

It's really frustrating to see that since I always have to redo the mission to make sure that the money stays at 80, 90, or $99,000 since I also want to get the bonus

Will there be a fix to this soon? I will not continue to do those vehicle transport missions unless there's a fix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I want the Honda Civic EG6 in the game lol

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21