Jump to content
We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.
Milli

[RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum

Recommended Posts

On 1/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, EliasFD3S said:

Will you include the recently released Chiron Supersport and the Divo in your pack ? By the way awesome job !

Nope, because the download link has a corrupted file. Lol 

By the way, the new platform here also allows us to create clubs, i've made a TDU Platinum club. Anyone is welcome and free to join.  :26:

Here is the link: Official TDU Platinum Group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to hear about the corrupted download. I imagine trying to get working versions of several cars is a very difficult feat, given how old most of the mods for the game are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tadpole said:

I'm sorry to hear about the corrupted download. I imagine trying to get working versions of several cars is a very difficult feat, given how old most of the mods for the game are.

Sometimes it is troublesome, but usually there are other ways around it. Problem is when the file is actually new, like the Bugatti Divo and Chiron Sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kristiannn said:

 

Well, from the 411 cars listed in the first post, S ends on 378. That would mean it's about 92% done if the unlisted cars have the same letter ratio as the listed ones. 😂 

Now, if Milli keeps the same pace, there have been 412 days since she's done the first post on 26th of December 2017. If we're 92% done, that would mean that there are about 36 days left until she's done with the cars. A bit over a month then. 😀

Thing is, there are probably other things she'll have to do after finishing with the cars as well, and we don't know what are the unlisted cars as well. So, many variables either way. 

And yes, I'm quite a nerd. 😂

The math checks out.

ShinySerpentineKitfox.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rigel1549235583 said:

Seems like we're getting close to the release, huh? 🤔 There aren't too many letters and manufacturers left, I guess.
Keep up! You're doing great, Milli!

No, there isn't indeed. I am adding 4 cars from previous brands that i got the files. (Soon the images)  And then there is Toyota, TVR, Volkswagen, Volvo, W Motors and Weismann.  😉

5 hours ago, kristiannn said:

 

Well, from the 411 cars listed in the first post, S ends on 378. That would mean it's about 92% done if the unlisted cars have the same letter ratio as the listed ones. 😂 

Now, if Milli keeps the same pace, there have been 412 days since she's done the first post on 26th of December 2017. If we're 92% done, that would mean that there are about 36 days left until she's done with the cars. A bit over a month then. 😀

Thing is, there are probably other things she'll have to do after finishing with the cars as well, and we don't know what are the unlisted cars as well. So, many variables either way. 

And yes, I'm quite a nerd. 😂

411 cars in the dealers, because the total number of 100% finished vehicles is beyond 800 already. So, there are still about 60 to go. 😂  Also, TDU Platinum really started back in February 2017, as UCP v1.05, when i decided to work on the mistakes i made in UCP v1.04.  So, that means that Platinum is about 2 years in development.  Yes, i know, it's a long time. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Milli said:

411 cars in the dealers, because the total number of 100% finished vehicles is beyond 800 already. So, there are still about 60 to go. 😂  Also, TDU Platinum really started back in February 2017, as UCP v1.05, when i decided to work on the mistakes i made in UCP v1.04.  So, that means that Platinum is about 2 years in development.  Yes, i know, it's a long time. Lol 

What are those "mistakes" you keep mentioning? I haven't had any issues with the pack, game doesn't crash or anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kristiannn said:

What are those "mistakes" you keep mentioning? I haven't had any issues with the pack, game doesn't crash or anything. 

A bunch of them. Lol   

  • Standard wheels missing in some vehicles
  • Tires going under the ground (looking flat) in some vehicles
  • Tires going across the body panel when you hit a curb or anything like that
  • Correct colors in some vehicles
  • Correct camera views 
  • Correct and accurate stats. (If the car does 0-60 in 5 seconds, it will do in 5 seconds in-game. Real top speed is also matching the real data.*)
  • Improved physics on vehicles i messed it up completelly. (Ferrari F12 for example)
  • Cars no longer get stuck in gear if you play with automatic transmission
  • Some cars no longer get their RPM stuck on the redline 
  • Changing the wheel size of a vehicle doesn't risk to mess up other vehicles, like it happened in UCP
  • Car Delivery mission will no longer display messed up cars, like wrong wheels or anything like that
  • Compatible HDRi with the weather

* P.S. - Real top speed is the maximum speed the car can actually reach, not the value displayed in the side bar in-game. As i said before, sadly, to make a car perform like it should, we must set the "top speed" as the maximum speed the last gear could in theory achieve, if there was no drag. So, cars will usually display a higher value than they can actually reach.

Edit: Maybe there is more fixed issues, but those are the ones i can remember at the moment. 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Milli said:

A bunch of them. Lol   

  • Standard wheels missing in some vehicles
  • Tires going under the ground (looking flat) in some vehicles
  • Tires going across the body panel when you hit a curb or anything like that
  • Correct colors in some vehicles
  • Correct camera views 
  • Correct and accurate stats. (If the car does 0-60 in 5 seconds, it will do in 5 seconds in-game. Real top speed is also matching the real data.*)
  • Improved physics on vehicles i messed it up completelly. (Ferrari F12 for example)
  • Cars no longer get stuck in gear if you play with automatic transmission
  • Some cars no longer get their RPM stuck on the redline 
  • Changing the wheel size of a vehicle doesn't risk to mess up other vehicles, like it happened in UCP
  • Car Delivery mission will no longer display messed up cars, like wrong wheels or anything like that
  • Compatible HDRi with the weather

* P.S. - Real top speed is the maximum speed the car can actually reach, not the value displayed in the side bar in-game. As i said before, sadly, to make a car perform like it should, we must set the "top speed" as the maximum speed the last gear could in theory achieve, if there was no drag. So, cars will usually display a higher value than they can actually reach.

Edit: Maybe there is more fixed issues, but those are the ones i can remember at the moment. 🤣🤣

 

That sounds like a lot of work and fixes! 🙂 I've actually come across only the third one, but then again, I don't play with automatic transmission and repaint the vehicles with custom one quite often. 😄

And hey, if you need help with the weather, I've messed about with that quite a lot. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kristiannn said:

 

That sounds like a lot of work and fixes! 🙂 I've actually come across only the third one, but then again, I don't play with automatic transmission and repaint the vehicles with custom one quite often. 😄

And hey, if you need help with the weather, I've messed about with that quite a lot. 🙂

It is a lot of work. Mind you, i started this 2 years ago. And thanks, but i've made my own weather too, which will be in Platinum. :26:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ApexChaser said:

How would that weather mod impact performance? Also, can it be disabled once the Platinum mod is released?

we are in 2019, unless your rig is from 2007, a weather mod shouldn't be a performance hit whatsoever - any weather mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ApexChaser said:

How would that weather mod impact performance? Also, can it be disabled once the Platinum mod is released?

 

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

this just reminds me some that I saw RTX enabled game, whenever it rains, it chokes the framerate

A friend of mine tested it, who used to run TDU with vanilla weather said it seemed even smoother. The weather i did don't use other things beyond original TDU files (weather.ini and FX.ini) and modified textures.  

But, even if someone experience a fps drop rate below anything playable, it can be reversible, as it's just some files that need to be swapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...