We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Milli are you trying to make roof animation? because all spyders have roof

She can replace the window animation with roof animation, I've seen such a mod(Lotus Exige mod by Rule). But about separate roof animation...not sure.

As Djey said:

I don't think so, unless mod author has done it. That's a conversion trick.

To do such thing, i would need to unlock the mod file, which is mod theft in the community. So, not going to happen. Only if the original modder already did it. So far, Supra, Exige and BMW Z8, if i remember correctly.

Milli quando você pretende lançar isso?

Edit: English: Milli, when do you plan to release this?

First, remember that it is against the forum rules to speak in another language that's not english here.

Second, i have no idea when. I am doing this on my free time, and it will take the time it has to take in order to be as good as i can do. If i give a release date, i will leave an open room for delays or a rushed job, just to fit in the date i said.

I know it is taking a long time, and i am sorry, but really, i really hope it will worth all the wait, if you have enough patience. Lol

First, remember that it is against the forum rules to speak in another language that's not english here.

Second, i have no idea when. I am doing this on my free time, and it will take the time it has to take in order to be as good as i can do. If i give a release date, i will leave an open room for delays or a rushed job, just to fit in the date i said.

I know it is taking a long time, and i am sorry, but really, i really hope it will worth all the wait, if you have enough patience. Lol

Hi Milli... Speaking for myself I say take as long as you need, I know it will be worth the wait...

So, I have two questions. First, do you plan on adding replacements for traffic cars, or at least a custom add-on that replaces traffic vehicles? I ask this because I've seen some pictures of TDU in the past that had clearly modded traffic in the background (I remember two of them being an AMC Pacer and a Volkswagen Beetle), and since then, I've wished to have something like that in my game... particularly because I love the idea of rolling around with a cool sports car, or a high-end luxurious car, next to casual city cars, or even old beaters. However, I haven't found any mods like that, unfortunately, and most traffic mods are long since unavailable.

One such picture can be seen here, salvaged from a site that no longer seems to host it. It also has a texture mod I like, but I can't find it anywhere.

tdu_good_scenery.png

Next, how many events will take advantage of the new car brands and types? I imagine that a more diverse branch of car classes and restrictions can make the game be more unique, since each different car you buy would lead you to a different tree of events. However, I imagine it would be hard to implement, as there wouldn't be enough events to have enough for all different car brands from each stage of progression, unless it's possible for races to have more than one car restriction. And even if they could, this would actually make the earlygame harder, as it would severely limit the amount of events one could try as they wouldn't easily have the money necessary to buy more cars. That is, unless they constantly grind the events to re-obtain the pittance of money from early-game races... or if the rewards for the races are increased to compensate.

So, I have two questions. First, do you plan on adding replacements for traffic cars, or at least a custom add-on that replaces traffic vehicles? I ask this because I've seen some pictures of TDU in the past that had clearly modded traffic in the background (I remember two of them being an AMC Pacer and a Volkswagen Beetle), and since then, I've wished to have something like that in my game... particularly because I love the idea of rolling around with a cool sports car, or a high-end luxurious car, next to casual city cars, or even old beaters. However, I haven't found any mods like that, unfortunately, and most traffic mods are long since unavailable.

One such picture can be seen here, salvaged from a site that no longer seems to host it. It also has a texture mod I like, but I can't find it anywhere.

tdu_good_scenery.png

Next, how many events will take advantage of the new car brands and types? I imagine that a more diverse branch of car classes and restrictions can make the game be more unique, since each different car you buy would lead you to a different tree of events. However, I imagine it would be hard to implement, as there wouldn't be enough events to have enough for all different car brands from each stage of progression, unless it's possible for races to have more than one car restriction. And even if they could, this would actually make the earlygame harder, as it would severely limit the amount of events one could try as they wouldn't easily have the money necessary to buy more cars. That is, unless they constantly grind the events to re-obtain the pittance of money from early-game races... or if the rewards for the races are increased to compensate.

First, straight forward, no. No traffic mods will be added. Because as you noticed yourself, there are not many traffic mods available. And patch 1975 makes no sense, since it only adds old cars.

Plus, they can make the game heavier for weaker computers, which is something i am avoiding.

About textures, Platinum will have it's own. Similar of original TDU, but different, since i made couple of stuff myself.

Now, second, TDU never had much of brand specific races, neither it had car specific events. Majority is class restricted. And i couldn't change a specific part of the event. When you get inside the event, and tries to change the car inside the race lobby, it remains with the old restriction. So, the brand restricted races are still the same brand as before, although you might have a lot more choices to use. Now, special events like Car delivery and top model ones, i can and will change a lot of the cars on those.

First, straight forward, no. No traffic mods will be added. Because as you noticed yourself, there are not many traffic mods available. And patch 1975 makes no sense, since it only adds old cars.

Plus, they can make the game heavier for weaker computers, which is something i am avoiding.

About textures, Platinum will have it's own. Similar of original TDU, but different, since i made couple of stuff myself.

Now, second, TDU never had much of brand specific races, neither it had car specific events. Majority is class restricted. And i couldn't change a specific part of the event. When you get inside the event, and tries to change the car inside the race lobby, it remains with the old restriction. So, the brand restricted races are still the same brand as before, although you might have a lot more choices to use. Now, special events like Car delivery and top model ones, i can and will change a lot of the cars on those.

Okay, thank you for clarifying.

... as I have 236GB of files ...

Oh, that sounds great. Do you have a list of the mods you got?

Perhaps we could exchange some. I got also tons of TDU mods.

I am the owner of the website Drivers Paradise , Tadpole posted the Aston Martin picture above.

Apropos, my website is still there, just deactivated till I write new privacy terms suitable the new european basic data protection regulation.

@Milli I have a complex question about TDUP... I've seen that the game will come with your Weather Mod, what I wanted to know is if: Will the sun always rise and fall in the same direction, or will it rise for example in the east and fall in the west?? For the shadows of the trees and buildings are always in one direction, and the sun opposite the shadows is a little strange...

[quote name='Dragonforce']@Milli I have a complex question about TDUP... I've seen that the game will come with your Weather Mod, what I wanted to know is if: Will the sun always rise and fall in the same direction, or will it rise for example in the east and fall in the west?? For the shadows of the trees and buildings are always in one direction, and the sun opposite the shadows is a little strange...[/QUOTE] First, TDU always had dynamic weather. TDUP will have re-worked one, to improve the graphics a bit. Because as long as TDU developers did a good job, they missed a bit the "Tropical" vibe, and we can't blame them, as they were mostly europeans. :lol: Now, the shadows, TDU always had 2 types of shadows, dynamic and baked. Dynamic shadow is the one that changes with the position of the object in relation to the source of light. So, the shadows of the vehicles and so on, and the baked ones, which are static and won't move, no matter what you do. As i said before, TDU always had dynamic weather, and the sun always changed it's position, regardless of the baked shadow ones. TDUP is not different. The sun does not go up and down only, because that would be unreal and really weird. So, they sun goes as you said, west to east like movement, and the baked shadows will remain as they are. Believe me, this is the less weird combination you could get. :lol: Now, about baked shadows, even Forza 7 uses them, the only game i know that only uses dynamic shadows on everything is Gran Turismo, but all the others, have both types.

I'm back into the test drive community yay! i can't believe it's been 7 years since i last played Test Drive Unlimited, the progress on this pack is truely outstanding, the car quality is impeccable and over 750 vehicles is just insane!.

I want to ask, is there a pack like this or the ultra community pack for TDU2? does it exist? and can i play online with it?

First, TDU always had dynamic weather. TDUP will have re-worked one, to improve the graphics a bit. Because as long as TDU developers did a good job, they missed a bit the "Tropical" vibe, and we can't blame them, as they were mostly europeans. :lol:

Now, the shadows, TDU always had 2 types of shadows, dynamic and baked. Dynamic shadow is the one that changes with the position of the object in relation to the source of light. So, the shadows of the vehicles and so on, and the baked ones, which are static and won't move, no matter what you do. As i said before, TDU always had dynamic weather, and the sun always changed it's position, regardless of the baked shadow ones. TDUP is not different. The sun does not go up and down only, because that would be unreal and really weird.

So, they sun goes as you said, west to east like movement, and the baked shadows will remain as they are. Believe me, this is the less weird combination you could get. :lol:

Now, about baked shadows, even Forza 7 uses them, the only game i know that only uses dynamic shadows on everything is Gran Turismo, but all the others, have both types.

Good... In my case, at least I'll be able to configure the sun to stay in a position only...

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21