We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 10:52 AM, vasileion said:

Thanks for the quick reply that's what I meant. Is there any video on how to do it and how to change the car it replaces, how to add them to the toner shop?

I do have a plan to release a pdf file, as a TDU Database modding guide, but that will only happen after the release of TDU Platinum. 

But, to be quick, to change (swap) a car, just replace the .bnk files inside the "Vehicles" folder, located at "Atari/Test Drive Unlimited/ Euro/BNK". To add them to a tuner shop is more complex, as you must be familiar with REF numbers and database modding. Not to mention another details that may cause bugs and problems.

5 hours ago, Milli said:

But, to be quick, to change (swap) a car, just replace the .bnk files inside the "Vehicles" folder, located at "Atari/Test Drive Unlimited/ Euro/BNK".

Keep in mind that various data like interior camera views, physics data, suspension height, even seat position of the drivers 3D model might be very off then. But yeah, quick and dirty, that what Milli said.

2 hours ago, Tadpole said:

Yeah, I remember trying out the BMW M1 in UCP, and I saw the test drive lady was sitting on the manual shifter, with half of her body clipping through the car's floor. It was a really awkward experience, not gonna lie.

Sorry in advance if this question has already been answered, but will Platinum "fix" quirks like those?

Simple answer, no. To do so i would need to HEX unlock the mod, and that is something i, and the modding community is against of. 

35 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Zmodeler TDU Mod lock system

I'm blonde anyways, that level of security works for me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

(That's partially a joke, because i truly don't know how to unlock the files. Lol )

8 minutes ago, Aaron Rays said:

will all cameras be fixed and the gear shifting animations too?

Cameras are being worked on, yes. Shifting animations work for most cases, only the manual cars with right hand drive position, because TDU will always make the driver use the right hand to shift. So, i made them use "automatic" animation, which is basically, no animation at all. lol

Hey Milli,
i just compared the car list of this mod pack with the "old" list of tdu ucp and found that some cars have gone missing.
The most noticable ones are: Cadillac Cien, Chevrolet Corvair Monza, Chrysler Firepower Concept, Ferrari California (1st gen), Holden Efijy Concept, Lamborghini Jalpa 3.5, Noble M14, Noble M400, VW Karmann Ghia and all the RUF models (probabaly accessable via tuning as some of the other missing cars).
Are these cars just an oversight in the list or for real missing? Cause i cant really imagine how they could fit into tuning accessability.

Another thing i wanna ask (and now starts the wishlist part :D), will the new gen Ford GT, Mosler MT-900, Radical or Zenvo ST1 be included? Saw some russian mod, which had them. If you cant include these, no worries, jusk asking 🙂
That mod also had a new "car dealer" unlocked on the map (some bike shop east of the crater) with cars in it. Will this new dealership be included in platinum?

Thanks in advance for answering!
Keep the good work up.
Cheers Mirt09

3 hours ago, Mirt09 said:

Hey Milli,
i just compared the car list of this mod pack with the "old" list of tdu ucp and found that some cars have gone missing.
The most noticable ones are: Cadillac Cien, Chevrolet Corvair Monza, Chrysler Firepower Concept, Ferrari California (1st gen), Holden Efijy Concept, Lamborghini Jalpa 3.5, Noble M14, Noble M400, VW Karmann Ghia and all the RUF models (probabaly accessable via tuning as some of the other missing cars).
Are these cars just an oversight in the list or for real missing? Cause i cant really imagine how they could fit into tuning accessability.

Another thing i wanna ask (and now starts the wishlist part :D), will the new gen Ford GT, Mosler MT-900, Radical or Zenvo ST1 be included? Saw some russian mod, which had them. If you cant include these, no worries, jusk asking 🙂
That mod also had a new "car dealer" unlocked on the map (some bike shop east of the crater) with cars in it. Will this new dealership be included in platinum?

Thanks in advance for answering!
Keep the good work up.
Cheers Mirt09

Some of them have been replaced, some of them are still in the game.

Cadillac Cien has become a W Motors Lykan. (TDU's Cien was really, really poor made)
Corvair Monza has become an Impala SS 1964. (I noticed that nobody really drove the Corvair, but i think the Impala will be more popular.)
Firepower have become i am not sure if a Ferrari 250 TR or a 365 Daytona. (Did this to replace some of the prize cars, i mean, like the Corvair, the Firepower was not very popular)
California has become California T (Did a vote on facebook and VK, and the newer gen won)
Efijy has become a Kia Stinger (Also did a vote on facebook and VK, and the Stinger won)
Jalpa has become a LM002 (Noticed that the Jalpa was not a popular vehicle and it was "not the best", with the pop-ups being locked in place, so, i believe that the LM002 will be more popular)
Noble M14 has become a Noble M600. (Almost same vehicle, but better. The reason why i didn't added it before in UCP was the camera view, now that's not a problem anymore)
Noble M400 still in. (The M400 is just a stronger M12-GTO, so, there's your answer)
Karmann Ghia still in. (Karmann Ghias were made from Beetles, back in the day, they share chassis and drivetrain, the only difference is the body, so, again... lol)
RUFs still in. (RUF is essentially tuned Porsches, and not long ago i posted an image of a TurboR, so...)

About the new cars, (Ford GT, Mosler, Radical and Zenvo) the answer is no, no, no and no. Lol Mostly because they can't be added as a tune of something else, and the way i am doing it, i don't want to make non-sense tuning swaps, like the russian mod you saw. They make Civics turn into Accords, Celicas turn into Alpines and etc.

Sadly, TDU has a limited amount of dealer spots, and that is a limit that i've hit, and is the reason why a bunch of cars you asked about (Cien, Efijy, Firepower, Jalpa, etc) have been replaced for something that might be more popular.  So, to add a new one, i'd need to sacrifice something else... a car that i could sacrifice for one of them is the Ascari KZ1, for example. 

Yes, that shop is unlocked, but it is actually holding the Custom Cars i've made for easy personal replacement, like UCP had. 

P.S. (That new Ford GT mod is not great aswell, so, that's a special reason on why it won't be added, lol)

So, to sum it up, TDU Platinum won't have as many cars as the russian mod, because they focus more on numbers than actual quality and sense. They have over 900 vehicles added, but people are constantly asking where is x vehicle, because they can't find it in the tuning shops. That's something i want to avoid happening, but the price to pay is the fact that some cars won't be added, some will be replaced. It's not something that easy to work out the logistics of it all. 

20 minutes ago, Tadpole said:

Oh, I didn't know the Karmann Ghia was in UCP. That's great, I love that car. 'Tis a shame about the removal of the Corvair, though.

I find it funny how the UCP had so many cars, there are lots I had no idea were in the mod at all, as I never ran into them in the game.

It's the slowest vehicle in UCP. Not the slowest in Platinum though. Lol 

44 minutes ago, Milli said:

So, to sum it up, TDU Platinum won't have as many cars as the russian mod, because they focus more on numbers than actual quality and sense. They have over 900 vehicles added, but people are constantly asking where is x vehicle, because they can't find it in the tuning shops. That's something i want to avoid happening, but the price to pay is the fact that some cars won't be added, some will be replaced. It's not something that easy to work out the logistics of it all.

Thanks for clarifying. 🙂
Looking forward to experience TDU Platinum.

1 hour ago, Milli said:

They have over 900 vehicles added, but people are constantly asking where is x vehicle, because they can't find it in the tuning shops. That's something i want to avoid happening, but the price to pay is the fact that some cars won't be added, some will be replaced. It's not something that easy to work out the logistics of it all. 

What are your thoughts on the Chevy SSR? Now that's the most unpopular dud I can think of.

And there's a certain Chevy I think would be a similar but much more popular replacement for it. But, maybe the SSR is necessary for the game like Saturn Sky?

Anyway, I like the selection of dropped cars. Especially the Efijy. Get that shit outta here lol.

2 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

What are your thoughts on the Chevy SSR? Now that's the most unpopular dud I can think of.

And there's a certain Chevy I think would be a similar but much more popular replacement for it. But, maybe the SSR is necessary for the game like Saturn Sky?

Anyway, I like the selection of dropped cars. Especially the Efijy. Get that shit outta here lol.

Saturn Sky has to be the most un-usable car that exists in the game.

3 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

SSR, Efijy and both Saturns are useful. SSR is the replacement mule for Rolls Royces, Efijy for Bentleys, and the Saturns are overall great to replace by everything 😂

I agree, but Saturn Sky seems to be necessary for completing a mission I think.

And my disgust towards the Efijy is less about its crappiness and more about the fact people like to use it as a cheat car for whatever reason.  🤣

4 hours ago, Milli said:

Some of them have been replaced, some of them are still in the game.

Cadillac Cien has become a W Motors Lykan. (TDU's Cien was really, really poor made)
Corvair Monza has become an Impala SS 1964. (I noticed that nobody really drove the Corvair, but i think the Impala will be more popular.)
Firepower have become i am not sure if a Ferrari 250 TR or a 365 Daytona. (Did this to replace some of the prize cars, i mean, like the Corvair, the Firepower was not very popular)
California has become California T (Did a vote on facebook and VK, and the newer gen won)
Efijy has become a Kia Stinger (Also did a vote on facebook and VK, and the Stinger won)
Jalpa has become a LM002 (Noticed that the Jalpa was not a popular vehicle and it was "not the best", with the pop-ups being locked in place, so, i believe that the LM002 will be more popular)
Noble M14 has become a Noble M600. (Almost same vehicle, but better. The reason why i didn't added it before in UCP was the camera view, now that's not a problem anymore)
Noble M400 still in. (The M400 is just a stronger M12-GTO, so, there's your answer)
Karmann Ghia still in. (Karmann Ghias were made from Beetles, back in the day, they share chassis and drivetrain, the only difference is the body, so, again... lol)
RUFs still in. (RUF is essentially tuned Porsches, and not long ago i posted an image of a TurboR, so...)

About the new cars, (Ford GT, Mosler, Radical and Zenvo) the answer is no, no, no and no. Lol Mostly because they can't be added as a tune of something else, and the way i am doing it, i don't want to make non-sense tuning swaps, like the russian mod you saw. They make Civics turn into Accords, Celicas turn into Alpines and etc.

Sadly, TDU has a limited amount of dealer spots, and that is a limit that i've hit, and is the reason why a bunch of cars you asked about (Cien, Efijy, Firepower, Jalpa, etc) have been replaced for something that might be more popular.  So, to add a new one, i'd need to sacrifice something else... a car that i could sacrifice for one of them is the Ascari KZ1, for example. 

Yes, that shop is unlocked, but it is actually holding the Custom Cars i've made for easy personal replacement, like UCP had. 

P.S. (That new Ford GT mod is not great aswell, so, that's a special reason on why it won't be added, lol)

I'd drive Corvair if it wasn't that slow. How about giving it some steroids in the tuning shop and getting it back? If possible of course.

Also I liked the Cien, coolest Cadillac ever. Never mind, I'll get it back myself :)

BTW I was about to ask, how about replacing some of the showroom models with others to get more slots to put cars? E.g. there was a ex-Saleen dealership with only 3 car capacity. You can replace it with another showroom model that can have more cars inside. I've tried that with bike dealerships and it works (there were some unused ones by the way). You just need to make sure it doesn't look weird (the building doesn't block the road and there's no grass inside lol). Besides would be cool to replace some car rents with car lots, but I don't think that's possible :/

1 hour ago, Rigel1549235583 said:

I'd drive Corvair if it wasn't that slow. How about giving it some steroids in the tuning shop and getting it back? If possible of course.

Also I liked the Cien, coolest Cadillac ever. Never mind, I'll get it back myself 🙂

BTW I was about to ask, how about replacing some of the showroom models with others to get more slots to put cars? E.g. there was a ex-Saleen dealership with only 3 car capacity. You can replace it with another showroom model that can have more cars inside. I've tried that with bike dealerships and it works (there were some unused ones by the way). You just need to make sure it doesn't look weird (the building doesn't block the road and there's no grass inside lol). Besides would be cool to replace some car rents with car lots, but I don't think that's possible 😕

That's the way to make the game looks really silly and dull. Replace dealer files to get what? 8 cars added? Lol  Dude, believe me, at 850+ vehicles, you sure won't drive them all. 

And about the SSR, no thoughts about it really, i keep forgeting about it, to be honest. Lol  And the Saturn was needed for a race, that is "Saturn" only, if i am not wrong. I have an idea to possible change that, but i have to test.

3 hours ago, Milli said:

And the Saturn was needed for a race, that is "Saturn" only, if i am not wrong. I have an idea to possible change that, but i have to test.

Ah, so this is where knowing how to change the brand of a race becomes useful. You can replace the Saturn brand without making the race (and 100% completion) impossible to finish. Any brand you choose to replace it would be a huge improvement seeing that I've never once witnessed someone driving a Saturn Sky, LOL. Hope it works out okay.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21