We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Different patch levels, different traffic

MagicV8

Hello,

we all know the circumstances, that we are driving with some people in TDU1 and some, if not all, are recognizing different traffic spawns.

Some people have no traffic at all, some others have traffic, that others (partly) cannot see, and so on.

The reason for such a behavior is, that different patches came with different traffic settings.

Patch 1.66 has other setting, then patch 1.67 or 1.68.

Elvis, a friend here at TurboDuck, told me, that the 1975 patch came also with his own patch settings.

All traffic setting are noted in an encrypted file called AIConfig.xml in Euro\Bnk\DataBase folder.

What do you think about the idea, that Speeders server is proving, if an online coming player has an all common AIConfig.xml installed.

If not, than she/he has to download this all common file before going online. At the end, all players should experience the same traffic spawn.

The AIConfig.xml file have nothing to do with which traffic mods are installed.

Milli could also share such an all common AIConfig.xml with a next update.

Different traffic settings used with patches have messed the game for sure...

1.66A : genuine traffic

1.67/1.68 : added new traffic vehicles + changed spawning around the map (traffic levels)

Afaik 1.68 can be installed without this change, tho.

1975 Mod : added new traffic vehicles + changed spawning around the map (traffic levels)

2.00 : back to 1.66A traffic.

I don't think TDU server can tell which AiConfig player is using, best solution would be to provide genuine file in all mod packs to come (including Milli's of course), to clean TDU installs.

Well technically the client could send the hash of the AiConfig file to the server, the server would check wether or not the hash matches with the "official" AiConfig file, and then allow or reject the connection. :) (and eventually display a prompt asking to download the official patch; imo doing a silent download is not right (the player should always know what's going on behind the scene)).

But still, I'm not really sure if messing with players' files feel right (and on top of that, I don't think I'd have time to implement such feature :p).