We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

It's another brand new year! So what do you want 2018 to be for you? (we will all fail!)

Eudemon

Happy New Year! Yeah, I'm late but hey what else is new. :cheeky: (that's something that will not change)

Another brand new year is here and for many it can mean a new start, new outlook and anything else you want. So as is typical at the start of a new one I want to know what are your resolutions this time, and what are you hoping for in 2018? If 2017 wasn't great for you and is one you would rather forget then I am sorry to hear that and wish that 2018 is a great one for you.

I will post my own after others have done theirs (if any of you do) and hey maybe we can return back here in a year and see if we made progress with our wants.

Congrats on the wedding.

I'm off to Norway (Bergen) in March for a short break, always wanted to go to Norway as I'm not particularly fussed about warm weather and sun and the place is just so picturesque pretty much everywhere you go. Plan to look at Bergen itself, some WW2 artillery placements that the Germans put up and naturally a fjord or two. First holiday I've had outside of the U.K. since 2010, so it's long overdue.

I also potentially have a job interview on Thursday to do something completely different to the office work I've been doing the last eight years (kind of bored of it so GG to two years in college studying pretty much everything to do with computers). Flexible hours so I can commute outside of rush hour, half days on a Friday, no telephones and most importantly for me now that I really want to move out there's a fairly decent pay increase. Only downside is it's a few extra miles each way on my already 25 mile (each way) commute, but I may be able to car share one or two days a week, we'll have to see.

If the above all pans out nicely then I may finally be getting my own home which is something I've wanted for a few years now.

No actual new year's resolutions though :)