We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Edit post

Milli

Question

HALP!

It seems i can't edit my own posts now. Wanted to edit the original TDU Platinum post, but i can't find it anywhere. Where and how can i do it?

Appreciate the attention,

~moi. :lol:

Edit: Funny enough, this one i can, but that other, i still can't. :susp:

14 answers to this question

Hey @Milli, this is because last year we implemented a time limit on the editing of content to curb a method spammers may use. In doing so we realised this hindered Modders, and so they are exempt of this BUT ONLY in the Mod Shop section. The reason you were able to edit your post here is because it is within the time limit allowed.

I will give you the Modder badge which will take care of this for you. :p

Can you please see if you are now able to edit so I can mark this as Answered.

2017-07-23: Time limits for editing thread titles, posts and adding a poll to a thread have been reduced to the below. After some head-scratching and many cups of coffee I have managed to create a bypass of this for those in the 'Modder' usergroup but only while inside the Mod Shop forums. They will also be held to the new limits outside of that section.

Edit Limits

• Edit Thread Title: 7 days
  • Edit Post: 7 days
  • Add Poll to Thread: 30 days

Future title changes or post updates can be requested from the Staff by reporting your post and stating what you want done.

Quoted only for reference, you should always seek out the latest posts to see what the current function of the present day is in regards to this.

Milli[/url], this is because last year we implemented a time limit on the editing of content to curb a method spammers may use. In doing so we realised this hindered Modders, and so they are exempt of this BUT ONLY in the Mod Shop section. The reason you were able to edit your post here is because it is within the time limit allowed.

I will give you the Modder badge which will take care of this for you. :p

Can you please see if you are now able to edit so I can mark this as Answered.

Quoted only for reference, you should always seek out the latest posts to see what the current function of the present day is in regards to this.

Ah! That's fair. Thanks for the clarification. :ytwh: I've checked that thread, but apparently my attention was apparently zero. :lol: :o

Either way, thanks for the badge, it will be useful to edit the thread, once i get it done with, i tell you and then you can revoke the badge i borrowed. :D

Nah, you've earned it and I see no need to revoke it. You have a cool project in progress that will be getting updates, makes sense to be able to post about that, don't you think? ;)

:msuh:

Thanks! I really appreciate it then! :kiss:

I guess that's the first time someone used this kiss emoji :lol:

If it is only to stop spammers this could potentially be granted to all Supporters, etc. I don't really mind either way though, just an idea.
It's a fair suggestion, however, editing records show that most changes or updates to posted content happen usually within the first few mins of the original (usually a typo or something else awry), or within a few days: ie; in the case of a rumour having been proven real or fake and other preview type events.

Whereas those in the modding community who contribute directly to the Mod Shop are always needing to be able to update.

Any other updates wanted can easily be sought by contacting a forum team member and asking for it. Maybe if a need shows for this permission outwith this, then we will take another look at it.

I also need to edit the post, because after a several months I did update to my modification (TDU2 Performance Pack) in section "TDU2 - Mod Shop".
Hi Cronos, I have added you to the Modders group and so you should now be able to update your post as you wish. :)

Thanks for your support of the TDU2 modding community!