We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Custom asymmetrical rims

TiMonZa

Interesting Idea, although looking at your first wheel design, that would never work in real life. Rims are always symmetric for a good reason - angular velocity force. Which means in terms of simple english - rotation force. A wheel need to be perfectly round to distribute the rotation force equally so the rim, brakes and axis won't suffer with every rotation. That's the reason why regular rims always have some weights behind the spokes as the weight is never perfectly distributed without it.

wheel-balancer-camaro-wheel-weight.jpg

To the start point of the thread - I am not really a fan of such wheel designs either, but there might be the one or the other which might want to convert it. I just wanted to drop my two cents about why wheel designs like those are fairly uncommon in real world.

I know that part of physics, even worked in a car service :) And that Ford Contour has wheelcaps. I just mean, if this thing is possible in a game (where no actual wheel physics is used), why no try it? There were even concepts with but one spoke. Looks really weird and unusual.