We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New ads covering content on mobile

Djey

Question

Hi,

For a few days, google ad choices have been displayed in a layer (browsing with my mobile, Android 7 and chrome). That layer can't be dismissed although I can dismiss ad content. It results in staying in the way. I can't properly read top of page anymore.

See attached pics.

Thanks

[ATTACH]30746[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30747[/ATTACH]

2 answers to this question

Wow, I did not see that happening after all the specified dimensions and such I made sure were put in. This looks like the third-party advertiser hasn't vetted properly.

@Djey See the top image showing the 'Ad closed by Google' did that happen automatically or did you do it? I know Google is getting ready for the roll out of the ad blocker in Chrome in their drive to adhere to the Better Ads Standard next month which is why I ask.

I will add a definite declaration to the ad containers to make sure they do not overlay what they should.

You may need to refresh or even clear your browser cache for the file updates to take.

Really appreciate you bringing this to my attention Djey, thanks!

Djey[/url] See the top image showing the 'Ad closed by Google' did that happen automatically or did you do it? I know Google is getting ready for the roll out of the ad blocker in Chrome in their drive to adhere to the Better Ads Standard next month which is why I ask.
I did by clicking on the upper right cross. Thinking that Google ad choices would make the overlay disappear as well !

You're welcome, as a web developer in my current job (for large audience web sites), I'm very concerned with this :D