We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Motorcycles

The Jackal

Hi everyone,

I've been :eek: at this picture for the past month.

It's what looks to be a completed model of the Ducati 848 being viewed inside the dealership.

It even shows a basic user interface. I wonder if it was fully functional with sound too!

[ATTACH]30795[/ATTACH]

I found this picture floating around on the net ... it's like i'm the only one who even acknowledges it

Outside the dealership in the final release, you can see a basic model of the 848 parked inside.

[ATTACH]30796[/ATTACH]

In the final release, there's a picture of the character sitting on a Triumph Speed Triple outside the dealership that previews when hovering over the dealership in the map view.

[ATTACH]30798[/ATTACH]

After TDU2 had been released, one of the developers shared some of their work on the game:

[ATTACH]30802[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30803[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30804[/ATTACH]

If you open TDU2 with that handling editor (I forget the name), you can see entries for MV Agusta, Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph and even Suzuki / Yamaha from memory. These entries list a variety of bikes (Not to mention cut cars like the BMW M3), all including their own complete handling lines and game information.

This data shows handling / physics, naming / categorizing, value, applicable race categories ... More importantly, it show exactly what they cut from the game.

Models ... images ... handling data ... and we're not talking concepts here. We're talking, detailed models, completed handling data and actual interaction with said vehicles.

Does anyone have anything to share about all this?

It upsets me that they came so far only to discard such promising content.

Imagine TDU with a bit of this:

[ATTACH]30800[/ATTACH]

Or a bit of that:

[ATTACH]30801[/ATTACH]

I guess we can't really blame Eden. After all, this game was being made as the company went under.

I just wish they threw the content in the game instead of throwing it all in the bin.

Went to the motorcycle dealership in Oahu

[ATTACH]30799[/ATTACH]

... aaand it's gone.

Many developers have to create content before they know if they will get the licence for it (i.e. will the owner say no, price it too high, or have unreasonable requests concerning their vehicles). I've heard of at least 1 manufacturer who put as a condition of licensing that their vehicles should not be seen following other vehicles in video trailers (always had to be in front).

Thanks for sharing your research, I enjoyed reading it.