We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Minime891: Audi RS6

Minime891

Well the video has highlighted what i have missed. I forgot to update the cam and also i was going to update the interior inlays so that they are carbon, piano black, brushed aluminium etc. It's just that i had to make a custom 2DM file and forgot.

EDIT: Good news is that i think i have found a way for the gauges. Another thing the video highlighted was that TDU2 messed up with the rims. The RS6 has it's own bnk' but doen't use them.

Well the video has highlighted what i have missed. I forgot to update the cam and also i was going to update the interior inlays so that they are carbon, piano black, brushed aluminium etc. It's just that i had to make a custom 2DM file and forgot.

EDIT: Good news is that i think i have found a way for the gauges. Another thing the video highlighted was that TDU2 messed up with the rims. The RS6 has it's own bnk' but doen't use them.

Yes I did see that the RS6 has it's own rims in the game files, but Atari never used them... In fact the RS6 rims have slightly different textures. The RS6 rims are a bit "brighter" compared to the Q7 rims, but other than that they are the same rims...

Edit:

There's actually quite a few Audi cars that use the Q7's rims and have their own rims in the files already... The full list being: Audi RS6 Avant (All 4 of it's rims); Audi S3 (3 out of 5 rims); Audi S5 Coupe (3 out of 5 rims); and the Audi TTS Coupe (4 out of 6 rims and also uses one rim from the Audi S3). What were Eden Games thinking for those cars...?

I now have the gauges how i wanted them. And the solution was a little easier than i'd care to admit. :duck:

I will now make the inlays now, i am not sure if they can use textures from the interior bnk or it has to be from the common bnk. So i shall test that first.

EDIT: So i have tested and it seems that it only loads texture in the common bnk and not the car bnk. Which means i can only have custom inlays if i add the textures to the common bnk.

EDIT2: It also seem that you can't have custom levels of gloss/matt. Does anyone know of a car with inlays with different levels of gloss/matt?

EDIT3: Updated with new cam, gauges, removable roof and a few material settings.

I downloaded this mod today, I have to say I'm deply impressed, this has to be one of the best TDU2 mods from the past few years. The rim debacle was one I also hassled with, but I have to be honest in that the Q7 with RS6 rims looks kinda nice :)

I had the RPM redline set to 7500, however the gauge needle only went as far as 7000. It's now at 7000 but it doesn't feel natural. Is that an issue with the gauges or do I have to redline it at 7000?

Speaking of redlining, I added the RS5's sound (it's the only V8 RS Audi I could find) but it's not optimal, anyone who has a better suggestion or someone who can make a soundmod?

The model is great, I love the details like the satnav between the gauges and the quality looks splendid.

I was able to download it perfectly fine...

You might have been redirected to a different tab since that website does that on the first step.

Yeah I'm aware of those annoying pop up ads Sharemods tends to use, I mean it's a great simple site for file uploading and the connection is unlimited, but it tends to be a bit spastic indeed.

This wasn't an issue with the pop up tabs though. It just literally said "no file" on the tab where the download should be. But it works fine now, it could be my dumb luck or some other issue, or Minime was aware of the issue and fixed it already. In both cases, never mind, it works fine now.

[quote name='Loek']Hey Minime, I download Version 1.07 and my interior gauges bugged out [ATTACH=full]30915[/ATTACH] Is there something wrong or did I screw something up myself?[/QUOTE] It looks like you have only copied the exterior bnk and not the interior. As that's what changed in v1.07. EDIT: @StarGT all exterior gauges use 1 mipmap so that requires you to save the dds with them.