We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mercedes-AMG GT R Sound Mod

MichaelB450

Mercedes-AMG GT R Sound Mod

Credits: Forza Motorsport 7 |

Welcome to my first sound mod that uses Forza Motorsport 7 sounds for most of the engine sounds and a few other sounds as well, using sounds from the Mercedes-AMG GT. This is also my first mod to have custom interior paddle shifter sounds. Thanks to StarGT for sending me sound clips.

I am aware that the sound mod isn't perfect in the sense that the sounds don't mix too well, but I have tried my best to make them mix together as elegantly as possible.

Sound file is named differently for vehicle that the AMG GT R 3D model replaces, simply rename the sound file to "slr_mclaren_722s_roadster_high" and the sound will work. Just be sure to make a backup of the original sound file, in case you ever want to revert back to the original TDU2 files.

Video Preview:

Download link:

AMG_GTR_high

If you like my sound mods and would like to show some support, you can donate me some money. Donations are not necessary, but are greatly appreciated! Donation link

Yes I know that it doesn't sound anything like the real AMG GT R, you can blame Forza developers for that since the AMG GT and AMG GT R sounds consist of mixing 2 car sounds together, the Porsche Cayenne and the Mercedes C63 S. I tried my best to incorporate the 2 car sounds into the sound mod, but frankly it made the sound mod sound even worse. I based it to the SLS sound file for the simple reason that I wanted the exhaust crackles to play when you shift, which the real AMG GT R does. But again, the exhaust crackle sounds in the archive were from the Aventador...

Yes I did try using sounds from Assetto Corsa, but I didn't like how they sounded. My plan with my sound mods was to have the new sounds be with as little "garbage" in the sound files as possible. Even if there was a little bit of wind noise, or any other sound that took away from the purity of the sound, I would not be satisfied...

I can't make it sound any better than this, so I am pretty much going to stop sound modding... All my sound mods will still be available for download and for use in other mods (as long as credit is given and I am messaged it will be used in a certain mod)... I have one more sound mod waiting to be released and that will be my final sound mod release... I have already deleted all my sound modding stuff from my computer and I don't have any intentions to bring them back...

I really enjoyed making sound mods when they came out really good, but I am starting to get to a point to where my sound mods just aren't as good as they used to be... So with all that out of the way, I'm basically done... Towel has been thrown, in the trash...

Seems a shame to walkaway because the source materials aren't providing the quality you are after. As much as you may wish to create a sound for something, if the end result doesn't make the time and effort put in worth it then was it worth it in the first place? Unless, of course you are using it as somewhat of a teaching exercise. I like many have a lot of favourite cars I enjoy in games, and it always surprises me when people can use them if the sound isn't somewhat believable as I will totally stay away from using it if this is the case.

You do have the ability, your past work easily shows that. What I think you should do is work smart rather than from your heart. Yes, it would be awesome to get that proper meaty growl or beautifully pitched tone, but sometimes you just got to realise it cannot be done with what is at hand and go on to something else.

All the best in whatever you choose though. :)

If all modders threw in the towel when they got results they weren't happy with i'm positive we'd have no modders. Try reaching out to other modders from other games etc.

What i have always done is try to learn some thing new when making each car. That way you can only get better and not stay at the same level with each mod.

But if you're not enjoying the process of making mods then personally i'd stop too.