We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Our community going forward

Eudemon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now you're Diablo, the 3rd? A.k.a. Aventador? :hmmm:

My only concern is replyed, which was if the forum would be dead or not. You're saying you don't plan to do so, and that is enough for me. As the other changes, i don't really know/understand enough to give a valid opinion, but the ability to upload files here directly is somewhat interesting. I mean, must see how big the file can be, because my TDU project will be large... :lol:

So now you're Diablo, the 3rd? A.k.a. Aventador? :hmmm:

My only concern is replyed, which was if the forum would be dead or not. You're saying you don't plan to do so, and that is enough for me. As the other changes, i don't really know/understand enough to give a valid opinion, but the ability to upload files here directly is somewhat interesting. I mean, must see how big the file can be, because my TDU project will be large... :lol:

:whistle: ah Yes I am the 3rd now, the 1st is still here, I hope he show up soon to ease some people's worry

(removed my avatar in case some people feel unpleasant about it)

That one thing I still need to learn about the community, what is usual size of a mod? if it's big I can plan to have them store off the main site disk.

and what's your opinion on download structure, keeping it the same way it is now or change?

for example the current structure would be:

TDU modes

-----vehicle mod

-----customization mod

-----environment mod

TDU2 modes

-----vehicle mod

-----customization mod

-----environment mod

-----sound mod

-----gameplay mod

:whistle: ah Yes I am the 3rd now, the 1st is still here, I hope he show up soon to ease some people's worry

(removed my avatar in case some people feel unpleasant about it)

That one thing I still need to learn about the community, what is usual size of a mod? if it's big I can plan to have them store off the main site disk.

and what's your opinion on download structure, keeping it the same way it is now or change?

for example the current structure would be:

TDU modes

-----vehicle mod

-----customization mod

-----environment mod

TDU2 modes

-----vehicle mod

-----customization mod

-----environment mod

-----sound mod

-----gameplay mod

Usually today a car mod for TDU, which are the biggest individual files is around 30mb a .zip, with variations going up or down.

My TDU project will be waaaaaay bigger, because it basically overhauls the whole game. So, i expect it to be over 5gb. :lol:

If i can't, no problem, the old plan remains, which is upload on my google drive and post a hyperlink here, and also try to make a torrent.

About the structure, i am fine about it, haven't had a big thought about it, to be honest. :lol:

Anyways, tomorrow i can reply better, as it is 11pm here and i need to wake up really early in the morning tomorrow.

Usually today a car mod for TDU, which are the biggest individual files is around 30mb a .zip, with variations going up or down.

My TDU project will be waaaaaay bigger, because it basically overhauls the whole game. So, i expect it to be over 5gb. :lol:

If i can't, no problem, the old plan remains, which is upload on my google drive and post a hyperlink here, and also try to make a torrent.

About the structure, i am fine about it, haven't had a big thought about it, to be honest. :lol:

Anyways, tomorrow i can reply better, as it is 11pm here and i need to wake up really early in the morning tomorrow.

sounds good, the system will allow you to direct link files if unable to upload, 30mb average files the server should be able to handle well.

I was thinking a more genetic structuring if we allow mods uploads of other games.

I look forward to talk to you more about it tomorrow, btw if you still follow anime stuff here is my anime page: Eudemon Anime

Hi Eudemon

Thanks for the introductory post and for being so transparent. I had no idea we had been sold again (but yes #2 had been quiet).

Concerns:

* Activity has been low here for a few years. For a while some of us just checked in to share things via the chatbox. That said if you try searching for another forum which is intended for all kinds of driving + racing games then not much comes up, as most sites are either game specific or only for simulation titles. So there is potential.

* Some vehicle mods may have been hosted offsite due to potential legal problems if the mod was converted (ripped) from a different driving game. This was more common in the early days but there are more scratch-made mods these days.

* Diablo can mean 'Devil', and now 'Eudemon' it turns out also has a similar definition. Should we be worried? :)

I like the idea of direct uploads of mods. I know several other TDU forums offered this feature in the past, and I wasn't sure why TDuck didn't have this aswell, as it forced modders to share mods on more or less cancerous filehosters, which some modders even capitalized.

Would be great if third party hoster links would be blacklisted in general when the feature gonna take place. Rapidshare etc are just a pain in the A for consumers.

Hi Eudemon

Thanks for the introductory post and for being so transparent. I had no idea we had been sold again (but yes #2 had been quiet).

Concerns:

* Activity has been low here for a few years. For a while some of us just checked in to share things via the chatbox. That said if you try searching for another forum which is intended for all kinds of driving + racing games then not much comes up, as most sites are either game specific or only for simulation titles. So there is potential.

* Some vehicle mods may have been hosted offsite due to potential legal problems if the mod was converted (ripped) from a different driving game. This was more common in the early days but there are more scratch-made mods these days.

* Diablo can mean 'Devil', and now 'Eudemon' it turns out also has a similar definition. Should we be worried? :)

*This has been a common thing among forums, including mine, they have been slowly eaten alive by social media for years. After all, people want speed and convenience of reaching same fanbase. I (we) plan to expand and develop the community for this reason

*Legal problems are major problem for me, I live in US where recent laws might hold me accountable for everything anyone shared in an open registration forum :( what do you think we can do to prevent that

*no worries, it's kinda the opposite Eudaemon (mythology) - Wikipedia

I like the idea of direct uploads of mods. I know several other TDU forums offered this feature in the past, and I wasn't sure why TDuck didn't have this aswell, as it forced modders to share mods on more or less cancerous filehosters, which some modders even capitalized.

Would be great if third party hoster links would be blacklisted in general when the feature gonna take place. Rapidshare etc are just a pain in the A for consumers.

If money is their objective, there are many way better things they could do with free time, unless the uploader is not the modder.

Yes, we will be able to blacklist domain wide, I know how annoying some of filesharing sites are

Hi Eudemon

Concerns:

This has been a problem for most forums I'd say, the forum format as a community space is an outdated idea now, most communities prefer discord.

This has been a problem for most forums I'd say, the forum format as a community space is an outdated idea now, most communities prefer discord.

discord as well but I'd say real killer is social media, forum (or bulletin board) exist since the beginning of internet,

in order for us to survive, I think we need to evolve and adapt to new technology.

Well it's good to see the forum is taking a new direction and trying to make a comeback. I really enjoy the forum format over social media much more, so I'm looking forward to the new changes. Also, I'm glad you are doing what I've been thinking about for some time, that is cater people to forums via the front page/news.

Keep us posted!

Regards

Well it's good to see the forum is taking a new direction and trying to make a comeback. I really enjoy the forum format over social media much more, so I'm looking forward to the new changes. Also, I'm glad you are doing what I've been thinking about for some time, that is cater people to forums via the front page/news.

Keep us posted!

Regards

At core, the news and forum are two pieces of different software, which they don't talk to each other,

I am not surprised if many of you already acknowledge these issues but lack the development skill or time to bring it to reality, which is what I can bring to the table.

At all great news ... even if I have to say, that I am no anime fan at all :p

If there will be copyright issues, mods should be stored on north korean servers, nah, just kidding. ;) :D

One special problem is, with TDU (2) mods, that most modders have left the community, but some users are still requesting the one or other mod.

Many mods are unreachable for them, but I think, there is a number of people having a large mod base on their rig, incl. me :)

Perhaps there would be the possebility to create a mod pool, in full respect an crediting of the modders of course.

Modders also could get asked for their agreement to republish their mods.

And if the original modders aren't available anymore, I don't think, that they wouldn't care today.

The conflicts in the past about someone was stealing a mod of someone else is still present to me.

But today, I think the situation is way more relaxed.

At the moment there are just mod sections for TDU and TDU 2.

Perhaps it would -be possible to expand it to other games, like European Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator, and so on, to get other groups to this site. There were many great games in the past (and nowadays?) able to get modded, like GT Legends for example.

Perhaps there will be also a modding section for The Crew (2) one day, if the boyz at Xentax would be successful :whistle:

Damn, my english could be better :confused:

Hey all, I have been taking time out to explore new avenues and also enjoying the recent bout of decent weather that's been here the last few days. And I, like many of you, was surprised to hear that the :duck: again has a new owner. However, I don't think it has been in better hands! From what @Diablo has told me and the direct approach to the members of the community itself through this topic, I feel like, even though it's cliché to say, that the duck can really fly under their direction. Hearing that they themselves have a community that has been going on a while and also that they have proper development credentials really does bode well in many areas. As let's face it, that was an area I always scraped by in. The site and forum did use to play nice together, with a working SSO between the previous board software and WordPress but again it was my lack of writing worth that made that start to fall by the wayside. We did have good people who contributed a piece here and there but again the drive in them was lost and was left to me, and I hate that I couldn't do it, in fact, I found it a real struggle. And it was this that led me to upgrading to Xenforo as the benefits to the community of that outweighed the negatives for me. Even though I had to mad scientist together something that made WordPress recognise the visitor as a member and at what level. I really live by trial and error! :lol: A chatbox is a cool thing to have on a community but when people start to take it for granted and use it in ways it isn't meant to be then it becomes troublesome. Part of the reason for passing on turboduck for me was for someone to come in with no sense of loyalty or emotional attachment, and turn things around in this area. I really like the changes and improvements that are planned and hope that I can, in time, get involved more too.

At all great news ... even if I have to say, that I am no anime fan at all :p

If there will be copyright issues, mods should be stored on north korean servers, nah, just kidding. ;) :D

One special problem is, with TDU (2) mods, that most modders have left the community, but some users are still requesting the one or other mod.

Many mods are unreachable for them, but I think, there is a number of people having a large mod base on their rig, incl. me :)

Perhaps there would be the possebility to create a mod pool, in full respect an crediting of the modders of course.

Modders also could get asked for their agreement to republish their mods.

And if the original modders aren't available anymore, I don't think, that they wouldn't care today.

The conflicts in the past about someone was stealing a mod of someone else is still present to me.

But today, I think the situation is way more relaxed.

At the moment there are just mod sections for TDU and TDU 2.

Perhaps it would -be possible to expand it to other games, like European Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator, and so on, to get other groups to this site. There were many great games in the past (and nowadays?) able to get modded, like GT Legends for example.

Perhaps there will be also a modding section for The Crew (2) one day, if the boyz at Xentax would be successful :whistle:

Damn, my english could be better :confused:

By mod pool you mean allow others to upload lost mod and credit them in the download section?

I too think download session should open other game mods as well.

but I am not sure which one works best so I would like everyone's opinion, I think option 2 is the way to go.

1) option 1

Download (this would be issue for lesser known games, and maintenance problem for future games)

--game1

----mod type1

----mod type2

----mod type3

--game2

----mod type1

----mod type2

----mod type3

--game3

----mod type1

----mod type2

----mod type3

or

2) option 2

Download (where each game will differentiate by download title and tags)

--mod type1

--mod type2

--mod type3

It's funny reading some of these requests as I've been asking people for feedback and offering up these exact opportunities over the years. :oook:

The things this place half-assed by my own admission were: :p

Gallery - members do like to share their stuff but when it's pretty static in regards to getting comments and feedback then they lose interest

Downloads - like was said above, the legalities was what turned me away from this but there are other sites doing it so it must be one of those grey areas that doesn't get attention unless it's causing a financial impact