We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How is the site loading speed treating you?

Eudemon

How is the website speed now compare to few months ago  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How is the website speed now compare to few months ago

• blazing fast than before
    • I don't feel any difference
    • WTF you did, it's slower
    • I just joined the community, can't compare

I remember when I acquired the site, previous buyer (not Diablo the 1st) was running it on a dirt cheap shared hosting with a manage layer called cpanel

for those of you don't understand what means, it is basically hundreds and in some cases thousands of websites cramped into one single dedicated server

with a management layer on top, basically a UI that translates user options into server command for those who don't know how to build, manage and maintain servers,

it comes with many limitations, often time un-optimized and require additional resources to run

when I ran through some stat checking sites, the speed was in the range of slowest site, behind 90% of all sites on the internet (don't remember the exact number)

running the same checkers recently, result came in as 'very fast', sitting at top 5% of all sites on the internet

Just curious how you feel

on a side note: any feature do you want to be implemented?

for example I was thinking a vehicle stat search, that will return all specific parts, rating, related news, reported issues, recalls, variations all in one page

some of your might know I am researching vehicle to purchase recently, and I think this will be useful

(let me know if such site already exist, and how do you currently find those information, as it will help me built the API)

On a side note side note: do you prefer dark or light website theme?

Feels fine to me.

Some of us are probably missing the Chatbox we used to have on the forum index page.

Another nice to have feature would be some way for users to show what game they are playing right now, be that a manual text field that is displayed prominently, or even better -integration with PSN/XBL/Steam/Discord. If we know others are playing, perhaps we'll join them, take screenshots/videos, share them back here and create some more activity on the forums.

Feels fine to me.

Some of us are probably missing the Chatbox we used to have on the forum index page.

Another nice to have feature would be some way for users to show what game they are playing right now, be that a manual text field that is displayed prominently, or even better -integration with PSN/XBL/Steam/Discord. If we know others are playing, perhaps we'll join them, take screenshots/videos, share them back here and create some more activity on the forums.

posting stream, integrate steam, discord, PSN/XBL, dedicated screenshot/video share ARE ALL PLANNED