The time you used to create these useless social medias should have been used to dev the game. Sad.

And the time you used to write that post could have been used to go wash some dishes or do something productive.

No need dude.

The time you used to create these useless social medias should have been used to dev the game. Sad.

Actually, thank you for your concern about the project. I appreciate the motivation of your reply. And I can't wait to share a beta version ASAP, too! :)

However, you have to understand that if I make the game and nobody knew about it, then nobody could play it. Therefore, I have to make those accounts right now for the future of the project. This way, more people will be aware of the project in the future. I hope you learned why I set up those currently useless accounts.

Don't worry about it, I continue devising the project until February 2019. After that, I have to move to somewhere else and work fulltime, which may cause to temporarily stop the development process of the video game for a quite of time.

Wow this must have been the most useless human being produced thing I've seen the whole month. Congrats for that

Hah :D

Guys! Thank you for all your support. :)

Stay tuned for a bunch of updates until Feb 2019! :)

Edited by DΛN

Just a small note: I was watching this DDE video and this 110% shows one of the motivations behind the devising my ATG project.

As you can see in the video below, they did a magnificent job on creating an exalted vehicle, that means, they envisioned a GT 3 version of the older 993 Porsche. Yet not everyone is an automotive engineer to create their dream vehicle, a vehicle that does not exist but if it existed, it could be a masterpiece - just like the car in the video below - and I would happy to see everyone could do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=V923hopV9Sw;t=190

Of course, you have to be familiar with 3D modeling and you have to know some basic car terms like engine torque and the related expressions for designing a vehicle and consequently, simulating it in the ATG project.

Are you using world streaming ? I heard unity handle well this

Unity can't handle big scenes by itself. if you put a super huge scene in Unity, it'll eat RAM and it won't calculate mathematics well. I believe every other game engine behaves the same.

To solve this issue, I use a custom streamer addon for Unity to load/unload objects - just like the GTA V's streamer system.

Not only that, I am going to upgrade the streamer from CPU-based to GPU-Based, which greatly improves the streaming speed as nowadays normal CPUs have 4 to 10 cores while GPUs have 700 to 4000 cores! :)

Edited by Guest

I've updated this thread as the new TurboDuck has been upgraded and messed up the first post in this thread. Go check it out if you like.
Also, new updates to come this summer. In the meantime, come and check the discord channel of this indie passion project!!  Visit the Discord server - which is the official TDuck Discord server - and head on to the #Around-The-Ground channel there.

Here is the Trello page of the project:Click here!! .

You can see how many stuffs are left for sharing a beta version of the project there. Check it out now! 🙂

1354220926_ATGKishIslandDrivingCarVehicleSimulatorIndiePassionProjectVideoGameApplicationSoftwareMadeWithUnityToDoListScheduleTrello.gif.91d0e5b20ffb1ff1d389eb13e627b370.gif

Do you see this small step that is shown in the red rectangle in the ToDo list below? It took me more than a month to be done! - well, still it is not really 100% done.

2lcuqgj.jpg

in case you don't know what's the point of this modding feature, then I suggest you watch the video below:

After 2 weeks of continues working, +10 licenses and thousands of lines of codes. You now can add your Blender or 3DS Max models (or literally any new FBX file formats) directly to this software as car mods.

Spoiler

I have plans for TDU-Style house real estate features and I think it would be cool to add house mods to this software when possible. what do you think? 🙂

Read my previous post to know more about that ToDo list.

Edited by DΛN

On 2/27/2019 at 12:52 AM, kmix-rider said:

yes houses ❤️ and start coding clubs ! 

There is no plan for the multiplayer, at least for now. Thus, there are no plans for online clubs. I will add the house modding and single player clubs to the wishlist.

Guys and gals, here is the new ToDO list. A lot of stuff has been done. Heading to modeling the island next. For more info check the ToDo list.

• 0) Animations System
  • 1) Wiper Controller and Animation Play/Pause
  • 2) Start continuing 3D modeling the Kish island

The FBX modding feature took the most of the time and effort and still has not been finished, yet.

REMINDER: This - as I said in the very 1st post - is a passion project, there nothing "serious" about this project. Which means there is NOT a deadline for the project.

Here are some new screenshots of the project. Unfortunately, I have to stop the development of this project for at least 11 months due to my unexpected education and financial problems. I can't afford to buy the necessary rights for this project, and there is not enough free time for it, at this moment.

983236102_AroundTheGroundKishIslandBetaVersionATGKishislandscreenshotnew2018videogamesimulatorUnitym-t3Dsimulatorvideogameapplicationwindowssteamofficial0.thumb.jpg.0004713dc84672b4e8ca350013e09cdb.jpg

951499040_AroundTheGroundKishIslandBetaVersionATGKishislandscreenshotnew2018videogamesimulatorUnitym-t3Dsimulatorvideogameapplicationwindowssteamofficial1.thumb.jpg.517de8ea2b9eecf157a593ef94d190fd.jpg

236019570_AroundTheGroundKishIslandBetaVersionATGKishislandscreenshotnew2018videogamesimulatorUnitym-t3Dsimulatorvideogameapplicationwindowssteamofficial2.thumb.jpg.1edf27ab1faaa722db78bdb87fe6c6f3.jpg

As I said, I will no longer be active on the Net for this project for at least about a year, More info is available here.

Edited by DΛN

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.