We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hawaiian Bliss v4.0 (Textures + Weather Day & Night Mod)

kristiannn

Hawaiian Bliss v4.0 released!

Pictures:

Pink Sunset:

JOA4vTA.jpg

xbeZhj0.jpg

ZT94LFh.jpg

Day 1 Sunset:

Sr3mtfr.jpg

injThGL.jpg

Purple Sunset:

BIWp9Es.jpg

rBxxBq2.jpg

kyEf7LZ.jpg

Bright Sunset:

hXWWg1I.jpg

Day 1 & 2 (compared) :

MnHkpcM.jpgHJkDuHl.jpg

Q7hSu6c.jpgY8dQrSi.jpg

rYt6PX1.jpgwYR7sHG.jpg

Morning:

9KFyZG9.jpg

6hS7Gga.jpg

Night time :

uFK5wye.jpg

r5zExbO.jpg

Cloudy Morning:

QDWqBf2.jpg

Cloudy Day:

Yp8At4X.jpg

Cloudy Sunset:

BQrD2pj.jpg

GrZ9Q9j.jpg

Changes:

Tweaks to most weathers - vastly improved visibility

Better fit with the new textures from v3.0

Small fixes on saturation in some weathers

A bit lighter effects, more emphasis on subtlety

Download link v4.0

4 hours ago, ///Λquarious said:

Hey, I tried to install your mod but it crashes the game when loading the main menu. Tried the textures and weather apart from each other, but they both crash. I'm using Project Paradise.

Hey! 

Could you give me a bit more detail - how exactly do you install the mod, what your specs are, etc. It seems weird that it would crash, did you try removing it completely to see if the game will run? Does it load the main menu completely or it crashes before it gives you the "Continue game" and the other buttons? Also, does it give out any error or just closes the game? 

10 hours ago, kristiannn said:

Hey! 

Could you give me a bit more detail - how exactly do you install the mod, what your specs are, etc. It seems weird that it would crash, did you try removing it completely to see if the game will run? Does it load the main menu completely or it crashes before it gives you the "Continue game" and the other buttons? Also, does it give out any error or just closes the game? 

Game starts just fine without the mod. I'm running TDU1 1.66A with Project Paradise 0.03. I followed the instructions you gave, extracting the files to my TDU1 directory. The game crashes at the first splash screen (so with all the copyright info etc.), it doesn't get to the main menu... also no error when closing, just dissappears.

I do have some Nvidia Control Panel settings turned on for Vsync and Anisotropic filtering x16. But that shouldn't make a difference I think?

My specs are: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM on Windows 10 Pro.

Edited by ///Λquarious

5 hours ago, ///Λquarious said:

Game starts just fine without the mod. I'm running TDU1 1.66A with Project Paradise 0.03. I followed the instructions you gave, extracting the files to my TDU1 directory. The game crashes at the first splash screen (so with all the copyright info etc.), it doesn't get to the main menu... also no error when closing, just dissappears.

I do have some Nvidia Control Panel settings turned on for Vsync and Anisotropic filtering x16. But that shouldn't make a difference I think?

My specs are: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM on Windows 10 Pro.

That shouldn't make a difference (Anisotropic filtering & Vsync).

Can you try replacing only the CommonWorld.bnk file? Not the Div2 one and without the weather mod. It's rather weird. Also can you try replacing only the WeatherDesc and WeatherHDRI files. 

Also, I'm not sure if it should make a difference, but hopefully you have Big .bnk checked on the Project Paradise launcher. I've edited bnk files and they are bigger, maybe that's it. Although I think that should only be for car models, it may make a difference. 

Tell me how these pan out, hopefully it gives a better indication on what's wrong. Isolating files 1 by 1 gives a better indication to what exactly breaks the game. 

EDIT: There also is a very slight chance that the archive got corrupted during download and files aren't 100% legit. You could try re-downloading, although the chance of that happening are very low. 

Edited by kristiannn

On 4/8/2019 at 3:03 AM, kristiannn said:

Oh, I've never thought of that. Either way, happy you like it! 😄 

You don't need autohotkey for this.   Press and hold the instant challenge button, hold it while going to the keybindings, click on the button for lights - instant challenge and release the instant challenge button. Save changes.   Ingame your lights should be on now permanently.  I like to see you adding a moon finally, years after i did that to my weather mod 😛 .

Edited by DJoyTinnio

1 hour ago, DJoyTinnio said:

You don't need autohotkey for this.   Press and hold the instant challenge button, hold it while going to the keybindings, click on the button for lights - instant challenge and release the instant challenge button. Save changes.   Ingame your lights should be on now permanently.  I like to see you adding a moon finally, years after i did that to my weather mod 😛 .

Haha, yeah. A bit late to the party, but I never knew how to handle textures before. 😁

19 hours ago, kristiannn said:

That shouldn't make a difference (Anisotropic filtering & Vsync).

Can you try replacing only the CommonWorld.bnk file? Not the Div2 one and without the weather mod. It's rather weird. Also can you try replacing only the WeatherDesc and WeatherHDRI files. 

Also, I'm not sure if it should make a difference, but hopefully you have Big .bnk checked on the Project Paradise launcher. I've edited bnk files and they are bigger, maybe that's it. Although I think that should only be for car models, it may make a difference. 

Tell me how these pan out, hopefully it gives a better indication on what's wrong. Isolating files 1 by 1 gives a better indication to what exactly breaks the game. 

EDIT: There also is a very slight chance that the archive got corrupted during download and files aren't 100% legit. You could try re-downloading, although the chance of that happening are very low. 

Hey kristiannn,

I managed to narrow it down too these files:

From the FX folder: all the .bnk files. As soon as I change one of these the game crashes. All the other files work just fine!

From the Level folder: only CommonWorldDiv2.bnk causes a crash

I have no idea what is causing this, the .bnk files are mostly textures, right?

EDIT: FYI, I am using the Big .bnk option and I'm using the Normal Draw Distance since this would narrow down the crashing the most since it's closest to stock.

Edited by ///Λquarious

Installed TDU Platinum today and gave this mod another shot after that, it works!

Also chose the HDU version this time, that could've been the issue as well. Maybe there's a fault in the Stock version of your mod?

Btw, how do you access photomode in TDU? I can't find it...

Edited by ///Λquarious

9 hours ago, ///Λquarious said:

Installed TDU Platinum today and gave this mod another shot after that, it works!

Also chose the HDU version this time, that could've been the issue as well. Maybe there's a fault in the Stock version of your mod?

Btw, how do you access photomode in TDU? I can't find it...

I will check if Stock version works, I'm in an exam period atm though so I don't really have the time to do so right away. Photomode becomes available after one of the levels. I think at "Pro" level you unlock photomode as well. You can access it by pausing the game with "P", it should be the second option there. 

8 hours ago, ///Λquarious said:

Also, is there any way to 'lock' the weather in the game? I want it to be sunny only 😛

Yes, it's pretty easy to do. Go to Euro/Bnk/FX and find the file called "WeatherDesc". Open it with Notepad or Notepad++ and you will see all the weathers there. They start with "StaticCfg" and are below "Name = "FREERIDE"". Sunrise is the sunrise obviously, DRYDAY1 and DRYDAY2 are the two different days. If a weather has more than one part (e.g. SUNRISE, SUNRISE2 or DRYDAY1, DRYDAY1P2, DRYDAY1P3), make sure to add all the parts of that day. This is vital, as if you don't, you will get the bug where clouds don't appear. 

Make sure to not add any new weathers to FREERIDE mode, as there is a limit and I think I'm either on it or 1-2 weathers below it. If you add more than the maximum limit, your game will start to crash. If you want to add new ones, you'll have to delete some of the existing ones. 

If you have any issues, feel free to ask for further assistance! 🙂

On 4/26/2019 at 1:33 AM, kristiannn said:

Thanks!

And it includes 4 options - Stock draw distance, HD100, HD300 and HDU. You can choose any one of those when you download the archive. 🙂

Cheers, installed and it's working perfectly!

Last question; does TDU stock weather include the following:

• Vastly improved reflections!
  • Greatly improved water

?

Edited by umisery

4 hours ago, kristiannn said:

If a weather has more than one part (e.g. SUNRISE, SUNRISE2 or DRYDAY1, DRYDAY1P2, DRYDAY1P3), make sure to add all the parts of that day. This is vital, as if you don't, you will get the bug where clouds don't appear. 

Almost. The clouds don't appear, if you have only one weatherpart activated in general. Just be sure you have at least 2 or 3 weatherconditions running. You can combine sunrise 2 with dryday 2  for example, and the clouds will be there.  It seems like the clouds need 2 different weather parts to travel between. If there is no travelling because their position is constant, they don't appear at all.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:59 AM, umisery said:

Cheers, installed and it's working perfectly!

Last question; does TDU stock weather include the following:

• Vastly improved reflections!
  • Greatly improved water

?

No, they're part of the weather set, sorry. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much though, both reflections and water are quite bad in TDU no matter what. 😁

EDIT: I just realized there may be a confusion. TDU Stock weather has all default files in the FX folder. Keep in mind that the grass will also be the default one when you revert to the stock weather. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:29 AM, DJoyTinnio said:

Almost. The clouds don't appear, if you have only one weatherpart activated in general. Just be sure you have at least 2 or 3 weatherconditions running. You can combine sunrise 2 with dryday 2  for example, and the clouds will be there.  It seems like the clouds need 2 different weather parts to travel between. If there is no travelling because their position is constant, they don't appear at all.

How is that different? I answered in a way that made him put more than 1 weather, I don't see the problem. 😁 And I was referring to another bug as well, which makes the clouds sometimes not appear if you put the same weather a couple of times in a row (e.g. you put DRYDAY 3 times in a row). 

2 hours ago, big 206 fan said:

omg....this old dog hurrying home right now to try this mode 😋

Warm that 206 up! 😁

Edited by kristiannn

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, kristiannn said:

How is that different? I answered in a way that made him put more than 1 weather, I don't see the problem. 😁 And I was referring to another bug as well, which makes the clouds sometimes not appear if you put the same weather a couple of times in a row (e.g. you put DRYDAY 3 times in a row). 

Yeah, i only explained it further.   Because you said you have to keep the weatherparts of one weather ( morning 1 + morning 2 + morning 3 ) combined, so the cloud bug won't appear, wich is not true. You can combine the parts of different weathers in order to avoid that bug ( morning 1 + evening 2 ). It is only about having different cloud positions between 2 weatherparts, to avoid the cloud bug.  So long.

13 hours ago, DJoyTinnio said:

Yeah, i only explained it further.   Because you said you have to keep the weatherparts of one weather ( morning 1 + morning 2 + morning 3 ) combined, so the cloud bug won't appear, wich is not true. You can combine the parts of different weathers in order to avoid that bug ( morning 1 + evening 2 ). It is only about having different cloud positions between 2 weatherparts, to avoid the cloud bug.  So long.

😄 Alright, thanks for clearing it out. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 12:11 PM, B-Eight said:

I used AutoHotKey. Instead of flashing my headlamps I can press a button and it stays on. works even better for pop-up headlamps.

Hi B-Eight, i've used AutoHotKey in Morrowind to get a proper toggle on/off for crouching before, and was wondering what you did to get the headlights on = constant for use in TDU, as i'm using this mod (will give feedback later as i expereince it more Kristiannn) and figure proper working headlights in game might be a good idea for night driving?

Any tips on how you setup AutoHotKey for this 🙂

EDIT: Ok i found a working for TDU script others can use also. You need Autohotkey and once you have the basics sorted out you can run this script as Administrator (right-click on the script file and pick 'Run as Administrator'). You then use the Enter key to toggle your headlights on/off so good for mods that add night time like this one. Here is the script code:

keystate=down

Enter::
Send {Enter %keystate%}
if keystate = down
SetEnv, keystate, up
else if keystate = up
SetEnv, keystate, down
return

copy/paste that into your Autohotkey script then run as administrator and you'll see the Autohotkey icon in your tray bar (you can click on this to exit it etc). Then launch TDU and your Enter key will now fix your headlights on/off as a toggle.

Edited by ZG264
Additional info

@kristiannn

So i'm running your 'new' v4.0 and i'm not seeing any night time. Looking through the Weather_HDRI.ini i see no mention of MOONLIT, just NIGHT/(DARKNIGHT) and NIGHT 2/(DARKNIGHT2).

I'm playing offline and wondering how long does a day/night cycle take (i've driven for a good few hours so far) and does it 'reset' after each save/re-load perhaps? Where in your files can you adjust that time scale perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ZG264

• 3 weeks later...

@kristiannn

Thanks, looks awesome 🙂

I have a maybe weird question, but I always found Pink and Purple sunsets weird. Is it possible to replace them? According to your previous post if I want to do this I must edit the WeatherDesc.ini and make sure that if a part of they has multiple parts (SUNRISE and SUNRISE2 for example) all parts must be in the file otherwise the clouds are disappearing.

So if I understand this correctly If I want to disable the purple and/or pink sunsets I must replace PINKSUNSET, PINKSUNSET2 and PURPLESUNSET, PURPLESUNSET2 to FINALSUNSET and FINALSUNSET2? Does this work? Also If I don't want the night time can I comment out those lines or should I replace the night lines with the day one? Or is this not possible at all?

On 10/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, ZG264 said:

@kristiannn

So i'm running your 'new' v4.0 and i'm not seeing any night time. Looking through the Weather_HDRI.ini i see no mention of MOONLIT, just NIGHT/(DARKNIGHT) and NIGHT 2/(DARKNIGHT2).

I'm playing offline and wondering how long does a day/night cycle take (i've driven for a good few hours so far) and does it 'reset' after each save/re-load perhaps? Where in your files can you adjust that time scale perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Hello! I apologize for the slow answer. MOONLIT has been removed, it was needed because DARKNIGHT was completely/too dark and there had to be a transition between the day and night, which would be middle ground. Now the night is a lot brighter and the MOONLIT would be useless. I'm not sure why you wouldn't see the night, because you definitely should, especially when playing offline. Time offline was set to about half an hour for a 24hr cycle (could be a bit less, I don't really remember). 

What could be happening is, if you boot up the game through the Project Paradise launcher, you have to click "Offline" if you will be playing offline. Otherwise, your weather/time gets synced to the servers and you need hours to get the 24 hours cycle on the server settings. If it is not that, check the WeatherDesc file (located in Euro/Bnk/FX), all weather effects should be there and above them is the "TimeScale" which should be set to 8. Just replace 8 with a higher number if you want days to pass faster. However, this ONLY works if you've ticked "Offline" in Project Paradise launcher. Otherwise, it syncs to server and this number does absolutely nothing. Tell me how it goes, I hope this clears it up! 😁

On 11/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, fatal said:

@kristiannn

Thanks, looks awesome 🙂

I have a maybe weird question, but I always found Pink and Purple sunsets weird. Is it possible to replace them? According to your previous post if I want to do this I must edit the WeatherDesc.ini and make sure that if a part of they has multiple parts (SUNRISE and SUNRISE2 for example) all parts must be in the file otherwise the clouds are disappearing.

So if I understand this correctly If I want to disable the purple and/or pink sunsets I must replace PINKSUNSET, PINKSUNSET2 and PURPLESUNSET, PURPLESUNSET2 to FINALSUNSET and FINALSUNSET2? Does this work? Also If I don't want the night time can I comment out those lines or should I replace the night lines with the day one? Or is this not possible at all?

Hello! Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Yes, you can absolutely switch them out! That's what's cool about the many different weather effects is that if someone doesn't like some of them, they can still replace them with another one they like! It would work exactly as you described it, replacing PINKSUNSET and PINKSUNSET2 with whatever sunset you want (FINALSUNSET and FINALSUNSET2 would definitely work). Like I previously said, the order is what's important - sunrise, day, sunset, night.

Now, if you want to remove the night, it gets a bit trickier. You can do it, yes. However, you'll get this annoying time where the sun is setting down, then it will shoot up in the sky real fast, go above you and to the other side so it is at the correct position for the sunrise. If this doesn't annoy you (plus, I don't know what will happen to colors when switching from FINALSUNSET colors to SUNRISE ones), you can do it by just removing the nighttime from WeatherDesc. You can just try it out and see how you like it. 

This will make days a bit longer, so you can adjust the TimeScale to 10 or 15. If you're playing online however, you'll have to just live with the slower time. Good luck! 😁

12 hours ago, kristiannn said:

Hello! Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Yes, you can absolutely switch them out! That's what's cool about the many different weather effects is that if someone doesn't like some of them, they can still replace them with another one they like! It would work exactly as you described it, replacing PINKSUNSET and PINKSUNSET2 with whatever sunset you want (FINALSUNSET and FINALSUNSET2 would definitely work). Like I previously said, the order is what's important - sunrise, day, sunset, night.

Now, if you want to remove the night, it gets a bit trickier. You can do it, yes. However, you'll get this annoying time where the sun is setting down, then it will shoot up in the sky real fast, go above you and to the other side so it is at the correct position for the sunrise. If this doesn't annoy you (plus, I don't know what will happen to colors when switching from FINALSUNSET colors to SUNRISE ones), you can do it by just removing the nighttime from WeatherDesc. You can just try it out and see how you like it. 

This will make days a bit longer, so you can adjust the TimeScale to 10 or 15. If you're playing online however, you'll have to just live with the slower time. Good luck! 😁

Thanks, I will play with it a little. 🙂 Maybe I will keep the night time and just replase the sunset 🙂 The purple one is a bit unrealistic for me, but the normal sunset is stunning. 🙂 Thanks for the mod again 🙂

15 hours ago, kristiannn said:

What could be happening is, if you boot up the game through the Project Paradise launcher, you have to click "Offline" if you will be playing offline. Otherwise, your weather/time gets synced to the servers and you need hours to get the 24 hours cycle on the server settings. If it is not that, check the WeatherDesc file (located in Euro/Bnk/FX), all weather effects should be there and above them is the "TimeScale" which should be set to 8. Just replace 8 with a higher number if you want days to pass faster. However, this ONLY works if you've ticked "Offline" in Project Paradise launcher. Otherwise, it syncs to server and this number does absolutely nothing. Tell me how it goes, I hope this clears it up! 😁

Yes! Thanks that was exactly the issue. I got to experience the full day/night cycle (and win $100,000 in the 43.3 mile 'beat the clock' race in my Nissan 350-z), it was fun and the dark just at the right levels to make the later half of that race nicely challenging :)

The only sad thing about this is by picking 'offline' in the Project Paradise launcher it seems to shut off the 'fuel' mod. It would be near pefect to have both mods work together somehow?