We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hawaiian Bliss v4.0 (Textures + Weather Day & Night Mod)

kristiannn

yes i really like night time in TDU :), do you want to fix cloud problem bro ?

what if add fog wheater after "MOONLIT2" and before "SUNRISE", just my suggestion

The problem is that the clouds just don't appear sometimes. Most of the times they do tho, at least for me. It doesn't matter what you do, sometimes they just won't render.

Also, TDU has a limit of different weathers and I'm on that limit. In order to add something new, I have to delete one of the currently set weathers. The limit is "48" different weathers. I haven't found a way to go around that, but if we do find a way to go around it, we can make the day cycle a lot shorter in online as well. However, that doesn't seem to be possible.

What's your idea of the fog weather after moonlit2 and before sunrise, though? What is it supposed to represent? Do you have a picture of that as well, something off of Google for example?

i just imagine same like maciuk wheater mod, just fog in early morning just like in my place everyday ;)

Weird place you live in. :D I'll PM you about it, so we're not spamming the thread.

EDIT:

Just realized I can't PM you for some reason. Anyway, since it's another person's work, I can't really publish anything without permission. You can do it yourself though, you can just add the fog weather and replace the first part of the sunrise with it. Just make sure to put in my sunrise's sun direction:

SUNDIR = -1.00000 -0.002 0.00000 0.00000

You can keep everything just like on the other mod and just put in that. In WeatherDesc, replace SUNRISE (not SUNRISE2) with that fog weather. :)

I will try it,I love to use different weather mods...thanks kristiannn

Hope you enjoy it! :)

• 1 month later...
Appreciate the update kristiannn! Question, how come at night traffic is extra shiney? There is also a texture that modders use for cars that overreflect too bright aswell. Any chance its a easy fix? Look at this:

File sharing and storage made simple

file

C:\Users\acevt\OneDrive\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\acevt06ZionR\Photo\20181129083341.jpg

Hey!

I tried to make the reflections in nighttime a lot better, but since there isn't any light I pretty much had to boost them to unreasonable levels. Yes, you can modify it quite easily. Go to Euro=>Bnk=>FX. If you're using HDR, open Weather_HDRI.ini, if you're not using HDR open Weather.ini. If it asks, open it with Notepad++ (If you have it) or just the regular Notepad if you don't. Find the weather that is called "DARKNIGHT" and "MOONLIT". There are many values below these names, you need to find this one "CARREFLECTIONLUM = 2.00". This basically controls how much the light affects the car or otherwise said, if you decrease this value, cars won't shine as much. Unfortunately, traffic cars will shine more than your own one at night, no matter what. The positive of that is that, they'll be easier to spot when you're driving fast. Either way, if you change the value from "2.00" to "1.00", your car will shine a LOT less. You can mess with that value until you find the amount that suits you best.

If you have any issues figuring this out, just tell me and I'll correct the values and send you the files.

I hope this helps! :)

Hey!

I tried to make the reflections in nighttime a lot better, but since there isn't any light I pretty much had to boost them to unreasonable levels. Yes, you can modify it quite easily. Go to Euro=>Bnk=>FX. If you're using HDR, open Weather_HDRI.ini, if you're not using HDR open Weather.ini. If it asks, open it with Notepad++ (If you have it) or just the regular Notepad if you don't. Find the weather that is called "DARKNIGHT" and "MOONLIT". There are many values below these names, you need to find this one "CARREFLECTIONLUM = 2.00". This basically controls how much the light affects the car or otherwise said, if you decrease this value, cars won't shine as much. Unfortunately, traffic cars will shine more than your own one at night, no matter what. The positive of that is that, they'll be easier to spot when you're driving fast. Either way, if you change the value from "2.00" to "1.00", your car will shine a LOT less. You can mess with that value until you find the amount that suits you best.

If you have any issues figuring this out, just tell me and I'll correct the values and send you the files.

I hope this helps! :)

Much appreciated! One more question, do you happen to know the fields to modify to change the amount of light reflected off the road?

acevt06 said:
Much appreciated! One more question, do you happen to know the fields to modify to change the amount of light reflected off the road?

Yes, of course. 🙂

I'm not sure how much you know about these stuff, so I'll explain in detail.

What TDU uses is ADS lighting, which stands for Ambient, Diffuse and Specular.

main-qimg-dbc0172ecc9127a3a6b36c4d7f6342

As you can see on the image above, these are the three separate components and the fourth image is the result of combining them. What you see on the road, that shininess comes from the Specular light. The line that controls that therefore is this one " SUNSPECULARCOLOR = 1.498 1.134 0.567 1.00000 " (numbers are from SUNRISE weather). As you can see, there are 4 values. These 4 values represent RGBA (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha). You don't care about the Alpha value, so just leave that at 1. Now, you can make every single color you want, by using these three particular colors - red, green and blue. You can play around with the sliders on this website to see for yourself. The values in the website are from 255 to 0, however as you can see the values in TDU are 0.5, 0.7, 1.2, etc. The values that are in TDU are simply multipliers of that number. So 1.0 would be 255. It's important to note that the higher the value, the brighter that color is. Anyway, you can easily calculate the colors by dividing the number in the website to 255. So, for instance the color you choose is 255, 200, 215, that color in game would be 1.0, 0.7843, 0.843. These numbers are made up by dividing 255/255, 200/255, 215/255. Now, the color will appear the same as it does in the website, but the brightness will be even lower than the one on the values I've put in. In order to increase the brightness, you need to multiply these exact values. So for instance, you want to increase the brightness by 50%. You do that by multiplying all these values, so 1.0 * 1.5 would be 1.5, 0.7843 * 1.5 would be 1.176, 0.843 * 1.5 would be 1.2645. So the color that has 50% more brightness will be 1.5 1.176 1.2645. Funnily, however, you run into another issue here. The more you increase the brightness, the less contrast that color is going to have. Therefore, the color will appear a bit lighter in shade than its unmodified counterpart. This is why you may have to play a lot with these values until you find the color that you're looking for. That website is very useful for that since you can see how the final color changes by changing the values. For instance, for the color I've given as an example (255,200,205), if when you increase the brightness, the color gets too close to white, you can notice that just by decreasing the "green" value, you get a darker shade of pink. So, you may try decreasing the modified values from 1.5 1.176 1.2645 to maybe 1.5 1.05 1.2645 and see if that helps. It's mostly trial and error until you find what you're looking for with these.

TLDR: What you may try to do is just multiply the first 3 values of SUNSPECULARCOLOR by a value. For example, if you want to try increasing it by 20%, you multiply them by 1.2. If, however, you don't like the new color, you'll have to mess with all 3 colors a bit and it gets trickier and you'll have to read carefully everything above.

Mind that I typed this in pretty quickly, so I'm sorry if it's not written well. If you don't understand something, just ask and I'll try to clear it out. 🙂

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. Keep in mind that most weather parts have 2 different parts. There's SUNRISE, but there's also SUNRISE2. And if you change the specular value of SUNRISE, you need to change it for SUNRISE2 as well. Also, MOONLIT has MOONLIT2 as well. All sunsets have a "2" version as well. That's all done for the sun position, so if you change a specular value, reflection value or anything else except the sun position, you have to change it for the "2" version of that same weather part as well. This does not apply for DRYDAY and DRYDAY2, though. These are 2 completely different weather sets.

Edited by kristiannn

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the double post, but I'd rather many people see this.

I just played around with no HDR and I noticed that the colors appear significantly different.

Examples:

K0delKW.jpg

o6mccx9.jpg

First one is no HDR, second one is HDR. You can clearly see to the right, how different the sky is very low, towards sea level and the whole sea has so many more colors into it compared to no HDR version where the sea practically just reflects the sky's color.

Now, I played around with the HDR settings and realized it's thanks to the HDR that we get those effects and this representation of it isn't the best, but it makes a SIGNIFICANT visual difference (at least in my opinion). Now, I can easily fix the issue with the brightness, where it goes up and down all the time when using HDR and have just the other effects.

My question is: If the brightness doesn't change all the time, would you switch to HDR?

Because I'm unsure what to do with the mod now, I thought no HDR looks a lot more similar to HDR, but now I realize it's a completely different mod.

Thanks in advance to everyone that decides to take from their time and answer. :)

I've been working on a new version of the mod for some time and I am finally finished with it. I hope you guys enjoy it! 🙂

I HIGHLY advice you try out HDR mode with version 2.0. I promise you, you'll love it! 😉

Hawaiian Bliss v2.0:

Changes to V2.0:

• Fixed bug with clouds not appearing on the Sky.
  • Reworked HDR mode, no more constant change of brightness while using HDR!
  • Completely reworked night mode for easier cruising and racing.
  • Made changes to reflections, no more "glowing" cars on sunny days. 
  • Every weather has been fine-tuned for better cruising experience.
  • Visibility increased. 

Pictures:

Pink Sunset:

i.2PlmEo4.jpg

i.agGTxgh.jpg

Day 1 Sunset:

i.7uEdqhL.jpg

i.TGhNSDD.jpg

Purple Sunset:

i.D1buK9m.jpg

i.0SOhGyx.jpg

i.xcPlb6Q.jpg

Bright Sunset:

i.EbarQbr.jpg

Night time :

i.0a1Joxm.jpg

i.x8JFyoz.jpg

Morning:

i.2QVLQDu.jpg

i.V8Upq2Z.jpg

i.O2QnEVF.jpg

Day 1:

i.LQKNBLc.jpg

i.1sGLcwa.jpg

Day 2 :

i.NMQXw33.jpg

i.BkZtIWx.jpg

Cloudy Morning:

i.uTzx5Wx.jpg

Cloudy Day:

i.4oCcxgQ.jpg

i.yJZNDpN.jpg

i.ry1maya.jpg

Cloudy Sunset:

i.SvbVLsK.jpg

i.9Gjdxu6.jpg

All pictures were done with default/standard TDU textures, this time I've applied HD300 draw distance mod as well. Anisotropic Filtering x16 was forced through Nvidia Panel. In-game settings were HDR: ON, Texture Quality: High, Resolution: 1920 x 1080, Anti-Aliasing: x4. 

Edited by kristiannn

Hawaiian Bliss v3.0

Changes to V3.0:

• ~100 new textures imported and edited from TDU 2 & Hawaii Beauty Enhancement - these include road, rocks, trees, grass, bushes and many more!
  • Fine-tuned darker weathers for better visibility
  • Nights have a moon (TDU 2 texture)
  • This mod includes HD100 patch

V3.0 Pictures (showcasing textures mostly):

Link to album of pictures.

Vegetation (trees/palms/flowers/grass):

jb8llQp.jpg

UrtxSry.jpg

2IiQ7Ru.jpg

ZN7JCAG.jpg

Moon:

jzbcEn0.jpg