We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hawaiian Bliss v4.0 (Textures + Weather Day & Night Mod)

kristiannn

5 hours ago, ZG264 said:

The only sad thing about this is by picking 'offline' in the Project Paradise launcher it seems to shut off the 'fuel' mod. It would be near pefect to have both mods work together somehow?

Strange, according to Project Paradise feature list, it should be working in offline mode too. As far as I remember, I've tested it in offline and it worked.

It's specific to clicking the 'offline' box in the Project Paradise launcher, rather than just not doing that but playing a 'standard' offline game (which is what i do mostly) of TDU where you just have a Profile not set up for MP (using that gamespy account thing). So there are two kinds of offline game you can play, and sadly you need to click 'offline' in the Project Paradise launcher to see the full effects of this Hawaiian Bliss mod, which then disables the 'fuel' mod (which you have in the MP or normal offline modes). I hope that clears that up ;)

As i'm 'new' to experiencing this mods night-day cycle thing i'm currently willing to sacrifice the fuel mod just to get a feel if this is how i want to play the game etc.

4 hours ago, ZG264 said:

It's specific to clicking the 'offline' box in the Project Paradise launcher, rather than just not doing that but playing a 'standard' offline game (which is what i do mostly) of TDU where you just have a Profile not set up for MP (using that gamespy account thing). So there are two kinds of offline game you can play, and sadly you need to click 'offline' in the Project Paradise launcher to see the full effects of this Hawaiian Bliss mod, which then disables the 'fuel' mod (which you have in the MP or normal offline modes). I hope that clears that up 😉

As i'm 'new' to experiencing this mods night-day cycle thing i'm currently willing to sacrifice the fuel mod just to get a feel if this is how i want to play the game etc.

I know, I only have online profiles, so to test Fuel Mode in offline I must check Offline in Paradise launcher.

For anyone that have 2 very common bugs (shifting gears and ghosting cars on track)..
man... i FINALLY found how to FIX the shifting gear problem and Ghost cars !! .. you JUST need to CAP framrate at 89 or 90. Don't go over 90 and you will be fine.. omg.. for so many years i search to fix this... and i just wanted to tell everybody. Why is this fixing? because the game runes on a frame basis rather than time basis. This means the AI calculations are based on how fast your CPU is rather than basing it on a fixed time interval.

20 hours ago, Istrati Cristian said:

For anyone that have 2 very common bugs (shifting gears and ghosting cars on track)..
man... i FINALLY found how to FIX the shifting gear problem and Ghost cars !! .. you JUST need to CAP framrate at 89 or 90. Don't go over 90 and you will be fine.. omg.. for so many years i search to fix this... and i just wanted to tell everybody. Why is this fixing? because the game runes on a frame basis rather than time basis. This means the AI calculations are based on how fast your CPU is rather than basing it on a fixed time interval.

That's you should turn on vsync in Project Paradise launcher, it limits the FPS to 60.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks really good, thanks for this mod 😀

Is it possible to link the time of day to traffic density? So that there is less traffic at night? When I first played I got that feeling, but by now I'm sure that was just my imagination. But I would like that.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:40 AM, kristiannn said:
On 4/30/2019 at 10:37 PM, ///Λquarious said:

Also, is there any way to 'lock' the weather in the game? I want it to be sunny only 😛

Yes, it's pretty easy to do. Go to Euro/Bnk/FX and find the file called "WeatherDesc". Open it with Notepad or Notepad++ and you will see all the weathers there. They start with "StaticCfg" and are below "Name = "FREERIDE"". Sunrise is the sunrise obviously, DRYDAY1 and DRYDAY2 are the two different days. If a weather has more than one part (e.g. SUNRISE, SUNRISE2 or DRYDAY1, DRYDAY1P2, DRYDAY1P3), make sure to add all the parts of that day. This is vital, as if you don't, you will get the bug where clouds don't appear. 

Make sure to not add any new weathers to FREERIDE mode, as there is a limit and I think I'm either on it or 1-2 weathers below it. If you add more than the maximum limit, your game will start to crash. If you want to add new ones, you'll have to delete some of the existing ones. 

If you have any issues, feel free to ask for further assistance! 

I exchanged the whole "CLOUDY"-block with one of the "DRY"-blocks and tried with several of them. Anyway, I still start cloudy. Depending on which DRY-block its either grey, purple or pink. What could be the reason for the clouds? I want more sunshine, too 🌞

Edit: I hadnt checked "offline" in the launcher. Its the "SUNSET"-lines which always look cloudy (on my pc).

Edited by Laconda

On 8/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, Laconda said:

Looks really good, thanks for this mod 😀

Is it possible to link the time of day to traffic density? So that there is less traffic at night? When I first played I got that feeling, but by now I'm sure that was just my imagination. But I would like that.

I exchanged the whole "CLOUDY"-block with one of the "DRY"-blocks and tried with several of them. Anyway, I still start cloudy. Depending on which DRY-block its either grey, purple or pink. What could be the reason for the clouds? I want more sunshine, too 🌞

Edit: I hadnt checked "offline" in the launcher. Its the "SUNSET"-lines which always look cloudy (on my pc).

It's hard for me to figure out what may be wrong from the info you've given. Can you take a picture? You can always remove the clouds, but the sky will look very dull. 

I hope I'm not misleading you, since I haven't touched this game in a long time, but I think it was this line 

CLOUDSPERLINALPHASTART = 50000.00000
CLOUDSPERLINALPHALENGTH = 200000.00000

If you change these to lower values or 0, skies should be clearer. You can find this line under any weather in TDU directiory/Euro/Bnk/FX, inside the weather files - Weather for no HDR and Weather_HDRI for HDR. All of the weather types are in there with their settings, I think it's the ones above that control the clouds. 

If you want to remove the big, bushy clouds (not all weathers have them), remove these lines:

CLOUD3DNAME = "CLOUD_M"
CLOUD3DCOLOR = 0.7 0.72 0.76 1.00000

Remove these 2 lines together, not just one of them. The values (after = ) can be different, it's the tags that you're searching for (CLOUD3DNAME & CLOUD3DCOLOR).

As for traffic density, I don't know if it's possible, honestly I doubt it is. I haven't adjusted anything for that, sorry.

Hope this helps!

Does anyone know how to remove the giant yellowish pixel blob that covers your view when supposedly sun is in your view? It's very annoying.
20200806205216.jpg

On 11/25/2019 at 4:07 PM, fatal said:

That's you should turn on vsync in Project Paradise launcher, it limits the FPS to 60.

If your monitor is capable of over 60Hz, then in game, under video settings, you also need to set refresh rate accordingly. Vsync in PPL doesn't do it for you.

13 hours ago, faustylan said:

Does anyone know how to remove the giant yellowish pixel blob that covers your view when supposedly sun is in your view? It's very annoying.
20200806205216.jpg

If your monitor is capable of over 60Hz, then in game, under video settings, you also need to set refresh rate accordingly. Vsync in PPL doesn't do it for you.

Hey!

It seems like you've messed around with the weathers, because what you're seeing is the moon, but as a sun flare. I think it was "sun_A" that I replaced for the moon. To fix it, go to the TDU Directory/Euro/Bnk/FX/ and open Weather or Weather_HDRI (for HDR) and find these lines 

SUNHALO2DB = "sun_A"

The halo is the sun flares that come out of the sun when you look at it. It seems like you've made your halo - the moon. On the weathers that you're using, replace "sun_A" with "sun_M" or "sun_I" depending on your preferences. If this doesn't work, just reapply the whole mod, something must have messed up in one way or another. Your HDR seems broken as well, because the sky is completely white, which I made sure never happens. 

Hope this helps!

Oh, that's why it always reminded me of the moon. And I always wondered when will I see the pretty scene just like in HB's screenshots. But, I can swear I never edited any of the files. Maybe I downloaded some obsolete crap?
Well thanks @kristiannn I downloaded and reinstalled everything from the beginning and now I have correct sun flare and the sky is beautiful too.

Edited by faustylan

4 hours ago, faustylan said:

Oh, that's why it always reminded me of the moon. And I always wondered when will I see the pretty scene just like in HB's screenshots. But, I can swear I never edited any of the files. Maybe I downloaded some obsolete crap?
Well thanks @kristiannn I downloaded and reinstalled everything from the beginning and now I have correct sun flare and the sky is beautiful too.

Maybe some files didn't get replaced or something. Anyway, I'm happy you got it working!

Don't forget you can force Anisotropic Filtering to x16 from Nvidia control panel, which has almost no performance cost (maybe 1-2 FPS at most?) and it makes textures a lot sharper! 

I hope you enjoy it! 😊

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 8:31 AM, kristiannn said:

Hey!

It seems like you've messed around with the weathers, because what you're seeing is the moon, but as a sun flare. I think it was "sun_A" that I replaced for the moon. To fix it, go to the TDU Directory/Euro/Bnk/FX/ and open Weather or Weather_HDRI (for HDR) and find these lines 

SUNHALO2DB = "sun_A"

The halo is the sun flares that come out of the sun when you look at it. It seems like you've made your halo - the moon. On the weathers that you're using, replace "sun_A" with "sun_M" or "sun_I" depending on your preferences. If this doesn't work, just reapply the whole mod, something must have messed up in one way or another. Your HDR seems broken as well, because the sky is completely white, which I made sure never happens. 

Hope this helps!

Hi Kristiann 🙂

I just decided to look through the file and values you mentioned here. I see a couple of things that make me wonder.

1. The very first instance of :

SUNHALO2DB = "sun_A"

Is right at the top of the file under WEATHERCONFIGNAME = "DEFAULT" and that has SUNHALO2DB as "sun_A" and not "sun_I". Does that need to be changed?

Also as you go down the file the upper case characters ("sun_M" etc) become lower case characters ("sun_m" etc) so should they all be upper case or does that not matter?

Then even further down the file (around line 774 onwards, "DRYDAY1P3" etc) you get:

SUNCORE2DB = "sun_i"

SUNHALO2DB = "sun_m"

So those values have switched around from the previous entries in the file. Shoud they follow the same order so SUNHAL02DB = "sun_I"  and SUNCORE2DB = "sun_M" as before etc? or is the switch to do with twilight light changes etc?

Also i assume you use "sun_A" as the moon in your mod, so in the 'Night' sections of this file seeing "sun_A" just means the moon texture in place of the sun?

Just a couple of things i noticed looking through this file (and i don't think i changed much of it from the default install).

I really enjoy the night driving (much harder) and just a shame that the game engine does not emit light from our cars headlights to illuminate the road ahead of us more. Awesome mod and very much essential for the better graphical feel it gives.

Edited by ZG264
additional info

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, ZG264 said:

Hi Kristiann 🙂

I just decided to look through the file and values you mentioned here. I see a couple of things that make me wonder.

1. The very first instance of :

SUNHALO2DB = "sun_A"

Is right at the top of the file under WEATHERCONFIGNAME = "DEFAULT" and that has SUNHALO2DB as "sun_A" and not "sun_I". Does that need to be changed?

Also as you go down the file the upper case characters ("sun_M" etc) become lower case characters ("sun_m" etc) so should they all be upper case or does that not matter?

Then even further down the file (around line 774 onwards, "DRYDAY1P3" etc) you get:

SUNCORE2DB = "sun_i"

SUNHALO2DB = "sun_m"

So those values have switched around from the previous entries in the file. Shoud they follow the same order so SUNHAL02DB = "sun_I"  and SUNCORE2DB = "sun_M" as before etc? or is the switch to do with twilight light changes etc?

Also i assume you use "sun_A" as the moon in your mod, so in the 'Night' sections of this file seeing "sun_A" just means the moon texture in place of the sun?

Just a couple of things i noticed looking through this file (and i don't think i changed much of it from the default install).

I really enjoy the night driving (much harder) and just a shame that the game engine does not emit light from our cars headlights to illuminate the road ahead of us more. Awesome mod and very much essential for the better graphical feel it gives.

Hello!

Sorry for the very late answer. 

The DEFAULT weather should be left as is. You don't see that weather type out in the open world. I'm not sure where exactly it's being used, but I think it's in the house (sometimes) and probably some menus, etc. Either way, you don't need to touch that. 

I think by default they were all lower case, so probably that should be "more correct". It works both ways though, so it doesn't really matter. What that does is, it selects a "file to read". It doesn't check for lower/upper case characters, it just looks for the name, so both sun_M and sun_m are correct. 🙂

They need to be the same as the three parts of the same day. So DRYDAY1P1, DRYDAY1P2 and DRYDAY1P3 for me have the same sun core and sun halo. They should be the same for you as well, if you haven't changed anything. Each different weather type can have different sun settings, however I've made sure that those that have 2 or 3 parts, all parts have the same config for this setting. The idea is that I want the day to be separated into 3 parts, which would make it longer than the sunrise for example which is 2 parts. However, the problem is that you shouldn't put the same weather 3 times in a row, because it starts to bug even more. That's why I've separated the days into 3 parts, which are very, very similar, so I can get a day that's longer than the sunrise/sunset. 

Yes, sun_A is the sun that I decided is least likely to be useful to me, so I replaced it with the moon texture. Because we don't have any other way to put in a moon, I decided to put the moon texture in the place of one of the sun textures. 

Just a couple of things i noticed looking through this file (and i don't think i changed much of it from the default install).

Well, you can change whatever you want if it will make your experience more enjoyable. 🙂 That's why I'm trying to answer questions about the values in detail, I've made the mod according to my tastes, if someone likes something different, they should be able to tweak the mod and get the best of it. 🙂

Thanks, I'm really happy to hear that! 🙂 As for the road, yeah there's no way to make proper headlights. The only light source in this game is the sun and even that is a bit cheaty. I also hate that there are so many pre-baked shadows, it would've been so awesome if shadows moved properly with the sun and didn't exist during the night. Definitely would've made the environment that much more immersive. But I guess to make this huge world with such detail run on 2006 hardware, they had to compromise on some stuff. Oh well. TDU 2 fixed all of those issues at least, only if they kept the same handling model! 😄 

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Y'all!

I've been playing around with this mod for a bit and I absolutely adore it! In particular to the sky boxes, those are in it's own freakin' league in all honesty, however there has been one nasty issue that's been happening to me more often than not and I want to see if anyone else is experiencing it as well.

In random scattered locations, if you try to "fast travel" to an area or zoom out to see the map in certain locations, as you zoom in or out the game will crash abruptly. There's a few houses that are in these "dead zones" around the map and even the Ford Dealer in the Maunalani region is in one. I imagine the game is trying to load a transitioning map texture that maybe isn't there in the first place because of this mod.

Luckily, I solved that issue by simply just replacing the CommonWorld.bnk files from the mod now with the stock files that I think came with TDU Platinum/TDU in the first place.

It wasn't much of a loss for me because I mainly got this mod for the breathtaking skyboxes anyways, thanks for that!

On 1/18/2021 at 8:17 AM, RexRacer77 said:

Howdy Y'all!

I've been playing around with this mod for a bit and I absolutely adore it! In particular to the sky boxes, those are in it's own freakin' league in all honesty, however there has been one nasty issue that's been happening to me more often than not and I want to see if anyone else is experiencing it as well.

In random scattered locations, if you try to "fast travel" to an area or zoom out to see the map in certain locations, as you zoom in or out the game will crash abruptly. There's a few houses that are in these "dead zones" around the map and even the Ford Dealer in the Maunalani region is in one. I imagine the game is trying to load a transitioning map texture that maybe isn't there in the first place because of this mod.

Luckily, I solved that issue by simply just replacing the CommonWorld.bnk files from the mod now with the stock files that I think came with TDU Platinum/TDU in the first place.

It wasn't much of a loss for me because I mainly got this mod for the breathtaking skyboxes anyways, thanks for that!

Ah, that's interesting! My game does the same, but I thought my copy had gotten corrupted over the years. That's weird though, I haven't removed absolutely anything, I've just changed some of the textures with ones from TDU 2. Thanks for sharing, I may take a look at that in the future, when I have some free time. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 3:25 PM, enio henio said:

I dont know why but day time looks completly washed out. I make 2 photos inside house and outside for compare 😕 ,as you can see inside sky looks like it should but when i drive it is washed out.

Bez tytułu1.jpg

Bez tytułu (1).jpg

That's weird. For the inside sky, it usually uses the default weather, which is not altered from the original, stock TDU. 

As for the outside sky, that does look weird. It kind of looks to me like this isn't daytime, but a transition between day and night. Could you go into photo mode and try changing the hour to see if you can find the day there, maybe you're just in the wrong time of day when you log in? 

On 2/6/2021 at 3:16 PM, varad1223 said:

how long is a day in offline

Should be about 30 minutes. Keep in mind that, if you're using the Project Paradise launcher, you need to boot up the game with the "offline" option ticked, if you want your time scale to be with offline settings. Otherwise, it will just sync with online time of day & timescale. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Mr. Nothing said:

Do you plan to make an V5 with fog?

Would be interesting.
Foggy weather is underrated.

Currently no. I thought about it for a split second when I was making the mod, but it didn't really fit the warm, tropical vibe I was going for. My issue with the foggy weather was, I can't really do anything with it. I can just throw in a fog, white/greyish dull look and it will be somewhat realistic looking foggy weather, but it wouldn't look good and it wouldn't look special in any way, unfortunately. =/ I have seen a foggy weather mod somewhere around here though, you can try looking for one 🙂

• 2 months later...