We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hello Indie Game Developers

Eudemon

Dear devs, two things I want to talk about:

Idea: online leader board for your game

Many of you might already know, we are going to provide free file hosting, modding space, and gallery for your game

but I want to take this a step further, let me know if this is in your interest:

Given enough interest, I will develop dedicated area for you to register your game profile, this will provide an online Leader Board for your game, (alone with more feature in the future)

in which you will get a token and an endpoint (RESTFul API), you can choose to call that endpoint in any of your game event (say player finished a round),

push token, player name, and score number to that url

then my system will automatically store and calculate top players

Idea: what can we as community help you with the game?

while we would love to have your game released within the community, I understand it is natural to go with Steam for broader audience reach,

with that said, what would you like to see from us that you won't be able to get from Steam?

like dedicated group for your game discussion? like what I have mentioned above? please let me know how we can help you

I would like to contribute my part to this but this is very Future talk for me we have here. I first have to finish my UI logics for the Demo before actually loose a single thought about sharing oportunities. I am sure the other guys are a little more progressed than me so i let them Go before me. I will come back at it when I am somewhere near first release

From my behind the scenes access to development discussion of Project CARS and its sequel, one observation is that many separate leaderboards were required for each track multiplied by each vehicle, which could quickly exceed the limits put in place by PSN/XBL/Steam. I only mention this because the OP above refers to a single leaderboard per game (perhaps unintentionally).

Yes Leader-board for each will and should be divided into multiple chunks,

there are different maps, vehicles, challenges or levels to be considered,

for instance, it could be one page with tabs for different views, with default to most important score, like overall score,

my OP is just a simple starting point, it will definitely change once developed