We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey AutoInstaller: failure to change files

acevt06

Hey there! for some odd reason i noticed when i run any auto installer for any modification made by our community, it will never successfully override the proper files. I took the time out to look into the modandplay debug file and this is what it says:

"

** 12/2/2018 8:55:24 AM ERROR Error when trying to fix TDU registry information.:System.Exception: Unable to fix registry for TDU. Are you administrator? ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Cannot write to the registry key.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.EnsureWriteable()

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)

at TDUModdingLibrary.support.Tools.FixRegistry(String tduInstallPath)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at TDUModdingLibrary.installer.steps.FinalizationTask.Run(Boolean isInstall)

"

Now keep in mind:

1. I am running the application as administrator

2. TDU directory is in a SSD D: drive. Not default C: directory

3. I have opened TDU modding tools and tried to fix registry and it displays "Successfully fixed"

I am out of ideas at this point. I have a windows 10 system. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey there! for some odd reason i noticed when i run any auto installer for any modification made by our community, it will never successfully override the proper files. I took the time out to look into the modandplay debug file and this is what it says:

"

** 12/2/2018 8:55:24 AM ERROR Error when trying to fix TDU registry information.:System.Exception: Unable to fix registry for TDU. Are you administrator? ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Cannot write to the registry key.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.EnsureWriteable()

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at TDUModdingLibrary.installer.steps.FinalizationTask.Run(Boolean isInstall)

"

Now keep in mind:

1. I am running the application as administrator

2. TDU directory is in a SSD D: drive. Not default C: directory

3. I have opened TDU modding tools and tried to fix registry and it displays "Successfully fixed"

I am out of ideas at this point. I have a windows 10 system. Any help would be appreciated.

Do not use installers. :lol:

It is not really complicated to swap the files manually, to bebe honest. That's what i do, and would do so in your situation.

I understand where you are coming from. For windows 10, tdu modding tools doesnt allow me to drag and drop to replace files so it makes replacing alot of smaller files inside bnks a hassle. Furthermore, I am not too familiar with some file locations when i look inside the patch folders.