We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

pCARS News for 2019?

Ryzza5

OzgHcuz.png

^Fan-made image

Over at GT Planet Ian (humble as always) :) has confirmed that something is in the works, but it will take a long time to come to light.

Project Cars 3 Suggestions

SMS also recently announced a Pro version of pCARS2 for other businesses to use:

https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/pcarspro-porsche/

ProjectCARSPro_Porsche-004-small-pCARPro-watermark.jpeg

I'm guessing it includes much the same code as the original but with physics 'tick-rates' turned up so that the PC system requirements are extremely high.

I think Bell might be intending to go open world this time. Another track focused game by SMS will probably not be "blowing anything else out of the water." But, if his cryptic statement is a shot at Horizon and The Crew 2's current shortcomings, then I could understand his confidence a bit. I've always thought the PCars simcadey physics would be better suited to a cruising open-world game than a track focused one. If he could get a quality open-world map and superior multiplayer design paired with those physics, then that would certainly turn some heads. But another PCars with a few more cars and tracks added? Nah..

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like 'Rushy' (Paul R) from I think Driveclub and 8 others of that team have joined SMS recently.

Also it looks like they are also working on their own 'competitive' console with free game engine supporting 4K and Vr at 60 FPS

Slightly Mad Studios Confirms New Project CARS Title is In Development

I'm still trying to make sense of it all...

Edited by Guest

Project CARS 3 promises to be a spiritual successor to Need for Speed Shift | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

I was totally wrong. He just wants to make another NFS Shift by the sound of it. :laugh:

And he wants to get into the hardware game and make a console for it? o_O

[MEDIA=twitter]1080468977019584512[/MEDIA]

Literally 'Mad' is usually a bad thing. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The game plans make sense, all of the sim goodness and sandbox from pC2 are still there, but being dressed up more with gamey presentation features similar to Shift/Forza Motorsport. The previous games were lacking there.

The console news has spread to all sorts of tech websites but it still makes no sense. I get wanting to set a cat among the pigeons to cause a jump in performance, but specs alone do not sell consoles to gamers. It's about the whole experience, the available games, the platform/network that your friends are already on, the gamepad, etc. Those who want a high-spec gaming machine in their lounge room can already go out and get a PC for that purpose. I can't see them saving us that much money due to not selling enough units, and the general consensus in other news websites comments is the same - no one is expecting this to succeed.

The specs might sound good now but in 3 years time when this thing releases I'm sure it'll be much more meh, and new consoles from MS/Sony will be close enough.

Or maybe they feel the need to do this because mainstream consoles are looking to stream their games from the cloud by then instead of selling them. And streaming racing games with racing wheels doesn't work too weel.

Edited by Guest