We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Elgato Stream Deck - A Good Sim Racing Button Box ?

sti228

STREAM DECK Evolve Your Content

e8c33cd46bf4.png

Break Boundaries

You’re creating quality content backed by the best tech on the planet. But you want to do more. With Stream Deck, unleash your creative genius and make waves across Twitch and YouTube. All while focusing on what matters most: your audience.

Official Home Page: Link

Amazon: Link

20974dacd87a.png

Take Control

15 LCD keys poised to launch unlimited actions eliminate the need to map and memorize keyboard shortcuts. One-touch, tactile operation lets you switch scenes, launch media, adjust audio and more, while visual feedback confirms your every command. Traditionally this level of control was exclusive to mainstream entertainment broadcasters. Now, it’s at your fingertips.

Streamline Your Setup

Elgato Game Capture, OBS, Twitch, Twitter, TipeeeStream, XSplit, YouTube, Mixer, and more – Stream Deck integrates your tools and automatically detects your scenes, media, and audio sources, enabling you to control them with a quick tap of a key.

Be Proactive

Automated alerts make life easier. But between thanking donors and welcoming new subscribers there’s ample opportunity for self-expression. Employ Stream Deck to level up your onscreen antics with GIFs, images, videos, and audio clips. While you're at it, apply lower thirds and bookend your content with signature intro and outro graphics. Your options are endless, so explore and experiment. Do what you must to sharpen your creative edge, and do it with a personal touch.

fa2ea3c180b9.jpg

Make It Yours

Customizing Stream Deck is effortless. Simply drag and drop actions onto keys, and make them your own with custom icons. Need more actions? Turn keys into folders to amass and access as many actions as you want. Better yet, save unique key configurations as dedicated profiles for different games and apps, switch between them on the fly, and share them with fellow creators.

Easily create your own icons with Key Creator.

Chris Haye

I've been using a conventional sim racing button box for a while now, but bought an Elgato Stream Deck to suplement it a little while ago. This video takes a look at how you might use a Strem deck as a sim racing button box and provides a download link for some sim racing icons for the Elgato Stream Deck.

For those that aren't familiar with the Elgato Stream Deck, it's a 15 button USB controller that's pitched at twitch streamers to help them manage their streams. But the Stream Deck's USP is that there's an LCD panel behind the clear buttons, which allows you to display icons for each button. Not only does this allow for fast identification of the buttons functions at a glance, but it also means that you can have multiple profiles, pages, folders etc. each displaying a different configuration of buttons depending on your needs at the time. And, it turns out, that in practice, that makes for a great sim racing button box

Download the Elgato Stream Deck Sim Racing Icons - https://t.co/8Pa67yBBsd

Edited by sti228

• 3 years later...

I thought of buying stream deck from Elgato, but it is a bit pricey for my taste.

Luckily, they got aware of that fact and created the mini version that is almost the same, but more affordable.

Don't know for you, but I think 6 buttons are sufficient for every game.

Also, there are several other alternatives over there. Honestly, I haven't tried them out, but they look interesting enough - https://streammentor.com/stream-deck-alternative/

Has anyone here have any experience with those streaming decks?

I have the XL.   I don't use it for gaming inputs.  I don't think you'd want to be looking at it while racing to make sure you pressing the right button.  Button-boxes designed for racing would use different button shapes/styles/positions so that you can feel for the right one without looking.  The mini StreamDeck might not be so bad since each button is closer to an edge or corner that you might be able to memorise.