We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New site discovery

Eudemon

Perhaps slightly more useful... actually I think this would be very useful, from any page you can create a thread (Topic) then select where it should go:

image.png.44c92fa6148e2882b8b84afa45bf40fe.png

Most forums have an Activity stream that shows all new posts but here you can create your own and fully customise it:  

image.png.f88541dc7a8a961c1cc2644e19f8d15d.png

image.thumb.png.c0d788a0943fa4eb9c2fbfd61cc38201.png

Very cool... (or nerdy, take your pick)  🙂

2 hours ago, Ryzza5 said:

Is that visible to us anywhere?  I didn't notice anything on Discord.

On login it shows as one of the option login / register using Facebook / Twitter / Discord

on your customer account setting you have option to link discord

a discord bot auto post to discord channel whenever a thread is made in the forum

currently thinking about where to place social media icons on the site

On 2/13/2019 at 11:54 PM, Diablo said:

I disabled signature because I want page fill with more read-able content, old site you can barely see 2 posts on one screen, but now you can see 4

Well, I used it to make people aware of my indie videogame project here by hyperlinks to the thread and the Discord channel. Perhaps it is better to add limitations to the signature instead of completely disabling it.

1 hour ago, DΛN said:

Well, I used it to make people aware of my indie videogame project here by hyperlinks to the thread and the Discord channel. Perhaps it is better to add limitations to the signature instead of completely disabling it.

Adding limitation basically adding character count, people can still be clever by using it to embed image, or bunch new lines 

20 hours ago, Diablo said:

Adding limitation basically adding character count, people can still be clever by using it to embed image, or bunch new lines 

Still, I don't think this is a good approach. Perhaps adding character count, image and media tags, and text-formatting limitations (except hyperlink, color, and font-weight codes) would be a better choice than disabling it altogether.

Best.

there is a full blown editor field for you to add anything for as many line on your profile page

if you want an editor field with bbcode (basically translates into HTML) for EVERY SINGLE post you make, the answer is NO

i want to keep it simple and clean, site being easy to use and good visibility

I am even considering removing more fields like post rank, let alone adding more