We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

General chat - So we don't flood the forums

Milli

18 hours ago, Milli said:

Guys, been working on a modding guide, and i would appreciate a feedback on the layout.

Bigger font? More contrast? What you guys think?

preview 2.jpg

Pretty much good design overall, if the guide is in PDF format, the fonts will adjust by themselves through zooming anyway. Contrast colors are good, pretty much readable all throughout. Maybe sample images from game files in folder can help visualize the guide more.

• 3 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 6 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    On 8/13/2020 at 5:54 AM, Milli said:

Just a small showcase of what expect from TDU Platinum v2.0. 

20200210170348.jpg

20200211162430.jpg

20200501191710.jpg

20200501194000.jpg

20200504163443.jpg

20200507160740.jpg

20200507204500.jpg

20200519172214.jpg

hey milli can the sf90 be added in  2.0 with the map in the gauge cluster?

hey i cant see the clouds or the weather. is there any fix for this? 

Screenshot (205).png

Edited by varad1223
    ytf did my comments merge lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I am new here. This is the first time i've tried modding a game, and holy cow did I strike gold here! What an absolutely amazing effort to the author! Seriously impressive, I hope you are going from strength to strength career-wise.

Just wondering, does Platinum include the Hardcore mode? Do I have to 100% it to unlock it?

16 hours ago, Gr8BallsoFire said:

Hello all, I am new here. This is the first time i've tried modding a game, and holy cow did I strike gold here! What an absolutely amazing effort to the author! Seriously impressive, I hope you are going from strength to strength career-wise.

Just wondering, does Platinum include the Hardcore mode? Do I have to 100% it to unlock it?

Great to have you here.  Hardcore mode still unlocks when you reach reach 'Champion' level (around 45% completion).  There are mods available that let you partake in single-player races in Hardcore mode, something not originally possible in game.

Hi. Is anyone here who has messed around with the base code of the game, confirm for me if the time IRL affects the amount of AI traffic I encounter while roaming around the map?

Because I swear, I've seen more AI traffic cars when I play the game during the daytime. In the late evenings, (which is when I usually play) the roads are mostly deserted.

Edited by Jkgo
    wrong grammar!

20 hours ago, Jkgo said:

Hi. Is anyone here who has messed around with the base code of the game, confirm for me if the time IRL affects the amount of AI traffic I encounter while roaming around the map?

Because I swear, I've seen more AI traffic cars when I play the game during the daytime. In the late evenings, (which is when I usually play) the roads are mostly deserted.

nah i have never seen anything like this i say its a fixed cycle that isnt dependent on time irl or in game since the traffic density would be same during day or night. i d say it depends on a randomizer and it gets a new value after every respawn this is what i have observed

Edited by varad1223

On 5/24/2021 at 5:58 PM, varad1223 said:

nah i have never seen anything like this i say its a fixed cycle that isnt dependent on time irl or in game since the traffic density would be same during day or night. i d say it depends on a randomizer and it gets a new value after every respawn this is what i have observed

That's the thing, I'm not so sure if that's the case. That's why I was asking for an opinion of someone who has poked around the game's codes.

I was playing the game around five o'clock today, and when I tried out the time challenge "the Big Challenge", that became a game of "dodge the traffic", instead.

A few months ago, I played the game "totally" offline this one time, and the traffic AI went batshit crazy back then. After that, I was unable to recreate what happened. Maybe something in the game broke, because I don't remember higher AI traffic volume before that weird thing.

10 hours ago, Jkgo said:

That's the thing, I'm not so sure if that's the case. That's why I was asking for an opinion of someone who has poked around the game's codes.

I was playing the game around five o'clock today, and when I tried out the time challenge "the Big Challenge", that became a game of "dodge the traffic", instead.

A few months ago, I played the game "totally" offline this one time, and the traffic AI went batshit crazy back then. After that, I was unable to recreate what happened. Maybe something in the game broke, because I don't remember higher AI traffic volume before that weird thing.

yeah i discovered my findings throught the millionares challenge which, like yours, became dodge the traffic XD

• 1 year later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Why is 'test drive' button not working? It was the same with community patch, ended up buying horribly loud alfa-romeo %|

Edit: nvm, that seems to only apply to first car you buy.

Edited by Phlame
    problem solved, kinda