We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dear Modders and Gamers

Eudemon

With the introduction of our own hosting service, https://turboduck.net/files/

we hope to provide you a positive experience, so I want to ask for feedback and brainstorm idea for game categories and mod type categories (you can see current structure in above link)

going forward, we will be contacting modders and potentially revive lot of old and lost mods (have an old mod sitting in your hard drive? contact us

the hope is future mod download section will eventually migrated to download, even if you do not wish to use our hosting service, you can still submit a url to our download section

On top of that, you get additional benefits like subscribe to update and versioning control

so what game or mod type would you like to see? let us know

I think that's mostly fine, in TDU's case i'd just adjust it a little bit to 

• Mods
    • TDU
      • Vehicle
      • Environment 
      • Others /UI (This is where you can find sound mods, HUD file mods, rim mods, physics mods, Packs and Project Paradise)
      • Tools (This is where you can find modification tools, such as TDU Performance Editor, TDU Modding Tools and TDUF Toolset 1.12)
    • TDU2
      • Vehicle
      • Environment
      • Others / UI
      • Tools
    • All other games 

33 minutes ago, kmix-rider said:

tdu 2 mods are not progressing because modders and coders dont want to explore files ! the files are not encrypted only structured data there is so much to discover but modders only want to edit "vehicules" thats great but I find this a bit limited.

There is absolutely nothing holding you back to explore the files. Go for it!

27 minutes ago, kmix-rider said:

I cant. I tried all my best for 2 weeks. files are binary garbage with values at any place we dont know what they mean.

but I really want other people try to do it , maybe it was not a success for me but Im sure some other will success.

So, if you tried and couldn't do it, don't you think you shouldn't be saying this:

1 hour ago, kmix-rider said:

tdu 2 mods are not progressing because modders and coders dont want to explore files ! the files are not encrypted only structured data there is so much to discover but modders only want to edit "vehicules" thats great but I find this a bit limited.

You saw how hard it can be to work with encrypted files, so you are really sure that modders don't want to explore the files, or you're just assuming it?

My point is, everyone do what they can, and we can't pressure them to do anything just because we want them to do it. We've got this far on modding thanks to a few people who spent their time and hard work to make it possible and they didn't charge anyone, so, don't take it all as granted, because it isn't. Be thankful and understand their side, since you've tried to be in their shoes for only 2 weeks and already gave up. 

1 hour ago, kmix-rider said:

lol i am just saying that it is just sad that more competent people than me are not exploring more the files of tdu 2 . calm down you lalalalalala.

and yes 2 weeks I have done more than 10 years in file exploring tdu but sadly too much unknow values only more cpmpetent people than me can find what these values are

Bethankful and understand their side, since you've tried to be in their shoes for only 2 weeks and already gave up.  " lol I made more mod of different game than you think and you make tdu 1 lalalalalala autopack ahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂

Jesus I have no words for it. Just stop it. I understand people having better things to do than digging around in a 13 year old game.

Also please show me what you did when you're such a dopeass modder, since I have found nothing relevant of your work 🤔

Best regards, a modder since 2008 and current videogame developer.

Guys what is the point of discussion here? sorry for the question but from what i understand you want more thinks from tdu2 to be modified, not only vehicules? And i see that you can't understand the code type of the game....well Milli i can say 1 think - for me, to can read and understand database structure was necessery around 1 year every day working, testing and repairing again and again......No 2 weeks - 1 year!!! 1 year before to can show here my first project and after that to start the "Autopack" together with StarGT and all other people who helping us to give the live of this project and to be at needed quallity .... the tdu2 file structure is very complicated, every file is one huge table with numbers and letters, i was create my own sistem to read and decript the database. But i am concentrated only at car database, i didn't try other files....and honestly i don't want to mess with them, because i know how i got my succsess with database decoding.... I am not a proffesional programmer, everything that i did i did like a hobby, i was a noob, but noob with big wish to do something with the game, because i believed that i can do it. And now i fully understand your wish, but i don't want to move again to all this shirt...

The point here is to discuss the categories and ideas for how the "Download" section of the forums will work.  Because now, with this new platform, the forum can host files on it's own, without the need of a third-party file host and modders posting a link. 

kmix-rider didn't understand the topic and went off it, waaaaaaaaaaaaay off. 

23 hours ago, Diablo said:

With the introduction of our own hosting service, https://turboduck.net/files/

we hope to provide you a positive experience, so I want to ask for feedback and brainstorm idea for game categories and mod type categories (you can see current structure in above link)

going forward, we will be contacting modders and potentially revive lot of old and lost mods (have an old mod sitting in your hard drive? contact us

the hope is future mod download section will eventually migrated to download, even if you do not wish to use our hosting service, you can still submit a url to our download section

On top of that, you get additional benefits like subscribe to update and versioning control

so what game or mod type would you like to see? let us know

As the OP says.