We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUZoqqer: TDU Platinum custom traffic

TDUZoqqer

3 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

First off, yay to WIP threads not being read-only anymore.

And yeah, call it "tDuZoQqEr iS bAcK" as much you want, but I'm not modding again (yet). Since Milli said in her club thread that custom traffic won't be a thing in TDU Platinum since all custom traffic mods are quite heavy weight, I offered my help to make a custom, realistic traffic pack for the mod.

And since I didn't want to spam the thread with my progress, since it's a TDU Platinum thread at the end of the day, and not "Zoqqers epic modeling showoff", here's a standalone thread.

As for modeling, I started with the 2012 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab.

-pics-

Obviously, very WIP. But What do you expect from modeling for 3 hours.

That's actually a lot better than i imagined. Lol  And really thanks for the help Zoqqer, it's really appreciated to have some help with the project! 😊

3 minutes ago, K3RAMB0 said:

soon

0_big.jpg?v=1536576649628

4 minutes ago, Milli said:

That's actually a lot better than i imagined. Lol

Better than expected, aka "expected you to make a Lamborghini again". To be fair, that's a legit concern lmao. No problem, I like to put even more stuff in my time schedule which I don't have time for actually. Wow. Game end me now pls.

1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Better than expected, aka "expected you to make a Lamborghini again". To be fair, that's a legit concern lmao. No problem, I like to put even more stuff in my time schedule which I don't have time for actually. Wow. Game end me now pls.

Nah, i was expecting a box with a texture for a TDU traffic mod with the same poly-count. And a slower process aswell. But you're doing it quick. 

Tacoma 3D model finished. Now it's on to baking and texturing.

front_nowire.thumb.jpg.4996344d0c53f5db2bfe1cb9a73b6436.jpgfront_wire.thumb.jpg.de67316e9a161aceb5f7c13c551d9b00.jpgfront_wire_light.thumb.jpg.eb0cce6cebd42e654cba84a0228c88db.jpgrear_nowire.thumb.jpg.44a6962a8bd41e4514b3cf601b366e8d.jpgrear_otherside.thumb.jpg.cd2a7bee8f2f926fa5579d7e0336a1da.jpgrear_wire.thumb.jpg.d50938fbc2110786a87e49a9f6245a17.jpg

🙂

PS: This is by far the most lowpoly car I ever modeled, unironically. To be honest, I would love to put some more details into the model, since it deserved some love, but TDU would not like that very much.

PPS: the Tacoma is now ever lowpolier than the traffic car it replaces.. But that means more space for textures! slightly more. Traffic bnks work only up to 550ish kb lol.

1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Tacoma 3D model finished. Now it's on to baking and texturing.

front_nowire.thumb.jpg.4996344d0c53f5db2bfe1cb9a73b6436.jpgfront_wire.thumb.jpg.de67316e9a161aceb5f7c13c551d9b00.jpgfront_wire_light.thumb.jpg.eb0cce6cebd42e654cba84a0228c88db.jpgrear_nowire.thumb.jpg.44a6962a8bd41e4514b3cf601b366e8d.jpgrear_otherside.thumb.jpg.cd2a7bee8f2f926fa5579d7e0336a1da.jpgrear_wire.thumb.jpg.d50938fbc2110786a87e49a9f6245a17.jpg

🙂

PS: This is by far the most lowpoly car I ever modeled, unironically. To be honest, I would love to put some more details into the model, since it deserved some love, but TDU would not like that very much.

PPS: the Tacoma is now ever lowpolier than the traffic car it replaces.. But that means more space for textures! slightly more. Traffic bnks work only up to 550ish kb lol.

It looks lovely though. And that is lower poly than original tdu? For real? Didn't expect that aswell, it looks much more refined. 

7 hours ago, Milli said:

It looks lovely though. And that is lower poly than original tdu? For real? Didn't expect that aswell, it looks much more refined. 

Thanks, SUV1 has 1500 polys as far I remember. Plus Body_LR. My method is to instance one side to the other and instance those as Body_lr too, which brings down the polycount of body_hr and Body_lr combined to about 800 polys. Compared to 3000 of SUV1 😄 thats what I did with My car mods aswell.

The Tacoma is done! 🙂 Texturing took longer than the modeling, spent the whole day today mapping, baking and texturing 😅 But this must be the fastest modeling job of a complete car I did yet, meaning with texturing and stuff. But hey, it's below 2k polys, so it would be weird when it'd take longer, really.

012xktd.png

02gfjd3.png

03n1j7a.png

04fnju4.png

0517jl3.png

06svktb.png

073vkjf.png

08m0kg3.png

Asset details:

Polycount: 1.798

specific textures used: 5 (512x512 DXT1 no alpha, 512x512 DXT5, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 128x128 DXT1 no alpha) - the 512x512 DXT5 might be scaled down later.

Duration: 3 days

Nice to have it done, since I need to work tomorrow again and I would have totally lost the track of the model then.

But yeah, one down, more to come!

PS: As for rims, I will make own rims with a 128x128 DXT1 texture, but I am not sure if there is enough texture space left for it. I hope so, otherwise I'll use a TDU traffic rim with a common car normal. Which I don't want, actually.

Edited by TDUZoqqer
my grammar is horrible

2 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

The Tacoma is done! 🙂 Texturing took longer than the modeling, spent the whole day today mapping, baking and texturing 😅 But this must fastest modeling job of a complete car I did yet, meaning with texturing and stuff. But hey, it's below 2k polys, so it would be weird when it'd take longer.

-pics-

Asset details:

Polycount: 1.798

specific textures used: 5 (512x512 DXT1 no alpha, 512x512 DXT5, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 128x128 DXT1 no alpha) - the 512x512 DXT5 might be scaled down later.

Duration: 3 days

Nice to have it done, since I need to work tomorrow again and I would have totally lost the track of the model then.

But yeah, one down, more to come!

PS: As for rims, I will make own rims with a 128x128 DXT1 texture, but I am not sure if there is enough texture space left for it. I hope so, otherwise I'll use a TDU traffic rim with a common car normal. Which I don't want, actually.

IT IS LOVELY. :15:

Really nice work Zoq! 

15 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Thanks, hope it will look half as decent ingame as in 3ds max lol

I cant decide wether to do the chevy van or the acura next

I believe it will look better in-game. This is way more detailed than a normal TDU traffic. You even added a name badge. 

3 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

lol yeah, i mean it would be weird without. Btw have you realized, atari used a bunch of real cars, debadged them and changed the body shape slightly.

SUV1 for instance is clearly a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee pickup 😂

Yeah, but i just realized that now, because we started to fiddle with them. 😂😂😂😂  There is one of the SUVs, SUV2 i think, it's a Jeep Cherokee Sport.  And the van is actually inspired in the Chevy Express, but it's GMC version. SUV4 is a Dodge Durango. lol