Jump to content
TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer: TDU Platinum custom traffic

Recommended Posts

First off, yay to WIP threads not being read-only anymore.

 

And yeah, call it "tDuZoQqEr iS bAcK" as much you want, but I'm not modding again (yet). Since Milli said in her club thread that custom traffic won't be a thing in TDU Platinum since all custom traffic mods are quite heavy weight, I offered my help to make a custom, realistic traffic pack for the mod.

 

And since I didn't want to spam the thread with my progress, since it's a TDU Platinum thread at the end of the day, and not "Zoqqers epic modeling showoff", here's a standalone thread.

 

The traffic cars read as following:

On 3/1/2019 at 3:52 PM, Milli said:

Compact1 - 2016 Nissan Altima
Compact2 - 2014 Toyota Corolla
Compact3 - 2015 BMW 3-series
Fullsize1 - 2018 Honda Accord
Limousine1 - 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
Minivan - 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500
Pick_Up1 - 2014 Dodge Ram 2500
Police1 - 2014 Ford Taurus
SUV1 - 2012 Toyota Tacoma
SUV2 - 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4-door)
SUV3 - 2009 Ford Ranger XL
SUV4 - 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe
SUV5 - 2015 Honda CR-V
SUV6 - 2018 Ford Expedition
Taxi1 -  2018 Toyota Prius, potentiall change to 2016 Toyota Sienna, 1999 Lincoln Town Car or 2009 Ford Crown Victoria

I didn't added the trucks, because those are not really necessary, i believe, unless you feel like modeling a Kenworth. Lol

Original thread can be found here:

 

As for modeling, I started with the 2012 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab.

 

Progress:

2016 Nissan Altima (Compact1)

Spoiler

 

01rkklt.png

0285j9x.png

0351kb6.png

04pyka3.png

05bnk5m.png

06ooksd.png

07gjk3v.png

08rbkla.png

09yqjgr.png

10i5jr6.png

 

 

2012 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab (SUV1)

 

012xktd.png

02gfjd3.png

03n1j7a.png

04fnju4.png

0517jl3.png

06svktb.png

073vkjf.png

08m0kg3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

First off, yay to WIP threads not being read-only anymore.

 

And yeah, call it "tDuZoQqEr iS bAcK" as much you want, but I'm not modding again (yet). Since Milli said in her club thread that custom traffic won't be a thing in TDU Platinum since all custom traffic mods are quite heavy weight, I offered my help to make a custom, realistic traffic pack for the mod.

 

And since I didn't want to spam the thread with my progress, since it's a TDU Platinum thread at the end of the day, and not "Zoqqers epic modeling showoff", here's a standalone thread.

 

As for modeling, I started with the 2012 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab.

-pics-

Obviously, very WIP. But What do you expect from modeling for 3 hours.

That's actually a lot better than i imagined. Lol  And really thanks for the help Zoqqer, it's really appreciated to have some help with the project! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, K3RAMB0 said:

soon

0_big.jpg?v=1536576649628

 

4 minutes ago, Milli said:

That's actually a lot better than i imagined. Lol

Better than expected, aka "expected you to make a Lamborghini again". To be fair, that's a legit concern lmao. No problem, I like to put even more stuff in my time schedule which I don't have time for actually. Wow. Game end me now pls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Better than expected, aka "expected you to make a Lamborghini again". To be fair, that's a legit concern lmao. No problem, I like to put even more stuff in my time schedule which I don't have time for actually. Wow. Game end me now pls.

Nah, i was expecting a box with a texture for a TDU traffic mod with the same poly-count. And a slower process aswell. But you're doing it quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tacoma 3D model finished. Now it's on to baking and texturing.

 

front_nowire.thumb.jpg.4996344d0c53f5db2bfe1cb9a73b6436.jpgfront_wire.thumb.jpg.de67316e9a161aceb5f7c13c551d9b00.jpgfront_wire_light.thumb.jpg.eb0cce6cebd42e654cba84a0228c88db.jpgrear_nowire.thumb.jpg.44a6962a8bd41e4514b3cf601b366e8d.jpgrear_otherside.thumb.jpg.cd2a7bee8f2f926fa5579d7e0336a1da.jpgrear_wire.thumb.jpg.d50938fbc2110786a87e49a9f6245a17.jpg

 

🙂

 

PS: This is by far the most lowpoly car I ever modeled, unironically. To be honest, I would love to put some more details into the model, since it deserved some love, but TDU would not like that very much.

PPS: the Tacoma is now ever lowpolier than the traffic car it replaces.. But that means more space for textures! slightly more. Traffic bnks work only up to 550ish kb lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Tacoma 3D model finished. Now it's on to baking and texturing.

 

front_nowire.thumb.jpg.4996344d0c53f5db2bfe1cb9a73b6436.jpgfront_wire.thumb.jpg.de67316e9a161aceb5f7c13c551d9b00.jpgfront_wire_light.thumb.jpg.eb0cce6cebd42e654cba84a0228c88db.jpgrear_nowire.thumb.jpg.44a6962a8bd41e4514b3cf601b366e8d.jpgrear_otherside.thumb.jpg.cd2a7bee8f2f926fa5579d7e0336a1da.jpgrear_wire.thumb.jpg.d50938fbc2110786a87e49a9f6245a17.jpg

 

🙂

 

PS: This is by far the most lowpoly car I ever modeled, unironically. To be honest, I would love to put some more details into the model, since it deserved some love, but TDU would not like that very much.

PPS: the Tacoma is now ever lowpolier than the traffic car it replaces.. But that means more space for textures! slightly more. Traffic bnks work only up to 550ish kb lol.

It looks lovely though. And that is lower poly than original tdu? For real? Didn't expect that aswell, it looks much more refined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Milli said:

It looks lovely though. And that is lower poly than original tdu? For real? Didn't expect that aswell, it looks much more refined. 

Thanks, SUV1 has 1500 polys as far I remember. Plus Body_LR. My method is to instance one side to the other and instance those as Body_lr too, which brings down the polycount of body_hr and Body_lr combined to about 800 polys. Compared to 3000 of SUV1 😄 thats what I did with My car mods aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tacoma is done! 🙂 Texturing took longer than the modeling, spent the whole day today mapping, baking and texturing 😅 But this must be the fastest modeling job of a complete car I did yet, meaning with texturing and stuff. But hey, it's below 2k polys, so it would be weird when it'd take longer, really.

 

012xktd.png

02gfjd3.png

03n1j7a.png

04fnju4.png

0517jl3.png

06svktb.png

073vkjf.png

08m0kg3.png

 

Asset details:

Polycount: 1.798

specific textures used: 5 (512x512 DXT1 no alpha, 512x512 DXT5, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 128x128 DXT1 no alpha) - the 512x512 DXT5 might be scaled down later.

Duration: 3 days

 

Nice to have it done, since I need to work tomorrow again and I would have totally lost the track of the model then.

 

But yeah, one down, more to come!

 

PS: As for rims, I will make own rims with a 128x128 DXT1 texture, but I am not sure if there is enough texture space left for it. I hope so, otherwise I'll use a TDU traffic rim with a common car normal. Which I don't want, actually.

Edited by TDUZoqqer
my grammar is horrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

The Tacoma is done! 🙂 Texturing took longer than the modeling, spent the whole day today mapping, baking and texturing 😅 But this must fastest modeling job of a complete car I did yet, meaning with texturing and stuff. But hey, it's below 2k polys, so it would be weird when it'd take longer.

 

-pics-

 

Asset details:

Polycount: 1.798

specific textures used: 5 (512x512 DXT1 no alpha, 512x512 DXT5, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 256x256 DXT1 no alpha, 128x128 DXT1 no alpha) - the 512x512 DXT5 might be scaled down later.

Duration: 3 days

 

Nice to have it done, since I need to work tomorrow again and I would have totally lost the track of the model then.

 

But yeah, one down, more to come!

 

PS: As for rims, I will make own rims with a 128x128 DXT1 texture, but I am not sure if there is enough texture space left for it. I hope so, otherwise I'll use a TDU traffic rim with a common car normal. Which I don't want, actually.

IT IS LOVELY. :15:

Really nice work Zoq! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Thanks, hope it will look half as decent ingame as in 3ds max lol

 

I cant decide wether to do the chevy van or the acura next

I believe it will look better in-game. This is way more detailed than a normal TDU traffic. You even added a name badge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

lol yeah, i mean it would be weird without. Btw have you realized, atari used a bunch of real cars, debadged them and changed the body shape slightly.

 

SUV1 for instance is clearly a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee pickup 😂

Yeah, but i just realized that now, because we started to fiddle with them. 😂😂😂😂  There is one of the SUVs, SUV2 i think, it's a Jeep Cherokee Sport.  And the van is actually inspired in the Chevy Express, but it's GMC version. SUV4 is a Dodge Durango. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...