We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Reasons for the merger

Eudemon

there was some conflict over our official discord which I won't go into details, in short some culture clash from merger because one member doesn't want to see certain content. I want to take this opportunity to address the decision behind merger:

there are multiple reasons for merger, one is both communities are dying, it is easier to pour resources to revive one than both

cost is another factor, lot of web services and application license fees are tied to the domain, essentially paying double amount

third is development burden, when patch, adding new feature, configuration, APIs, custom themes, modules, server, social / email marketing, templates, group control will otherwise require double amount of dev time

fourth is human resources, it is much easier to recruit on a larger community, and the activities attract other activities

I have expected some clash due to merger, Facebook has billions of users, you can't expect all of them share same interests, and I have carefully structured categories based on different need and interest, and those who doesn't like can avoid them
it is human nature to fear changes, especially when introduced in their comfort zone, but imagine if I left TDuck of what it was, what it is gonna happen in another couple years? think about it.
It is far easier to manage one community than two, especially they now share same system. I remain positive that the benefit of merger and recent changes far far outweigh any drawback