We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Random in-game freezing?

ThunderTHR

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, I'm relatively new to the forums and have had slight difficulty navigating around.

I've recently been playing (and enjoying) TDU again, but have come to a consistent problem with the game that's souring the experience somewhat.

Every now and then during driving and whatnot, the game will randomly "freeze" for nearly a second or so before suddenly jumping to where I would've been during that lost second, as if the game dropped frames like a livestream would. I've tried changing all the settings to see if I could find the solution, but have not been able to find it.

Specs are;

Ryzen 2700X

32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

RTX 2070

Any help?

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

Try setting app compatibility to win xp, vista or 7. Cap the framerate to 60.. use Borderless Gaming app.. and look here for other things you can do.

Trying to run the game in compatibility mode just causes the game to immediately crash upon launch. The framerate had already been capped, but I will try the app and also deleting the radial.cdb file as mentioned in that Wiki.