We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is Patch 1975 gone forever?

Tadpole

Since the release of UCP and, recently, TDU Platinum, I've somewhat entertained the idea of doing a self-imposed challenge where I pretend the game is set on the mid-1980s, and only use vehicles that correspond to that time period (whether because they were produced in the '80s, or were made in the '70s and earlier). Of course, doing such a challenge while the traffic cars date to the 1990s and 2000s kind of ruins immersion (which itself is also already kind of ruined when on a race with opponents that use cars made in the '90s and onwards, but fortunately time trials and speed trials don't have those), so I was hoping there could be a mod that had traffic cars corresponding to the ideal time period.

The only match I found was Patch 1975; while it has traffic from the '70s and not the '80s, it's not really that big of a deal, and would still be more immersive than '90s and '00s traffic. Unfortunately, the official download link is dead. Does anyone still happen to have that patch, or otherwise know where I can find it?

I apologize in advance if this thread was posted in the wrong section, I didn't really know where to post it.

38 minutes ago, Djey said:

Hey.

I've reuploaded OAHUCARS team's work awhile ago.

Here it is (Patch 1975 is in the tools section): 

Have fun...

Next time do you mind sharing it via our download section? Thanks, we are trying to keep an archive of mods so people would stop asking for expired downloads 

3 hours ago, Diablo/Eudemon said:

Next time do you mind sharing it via our download section? Thanks, we are trying to keep an archive of mods so people would stop asking for expired downloads 

Djey, perhaps you remember, you did once a Alfa Cabrio, and I still got this 😄
Perhaps that is also fine for the download section. 😉

On 4/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, Diablo/Eudemon said:

Oh yeah, sure. I need to take time doing it with the whole files...

21 hours ago, MagicV8 said:

Djey, perhaps you remember, you did once a Alfa Cabrio, and I still got this 😄
Perhaps that is also fine for the download section. 😉

Wow you still have it !!! 🤩

I'm sure that would be fun, but I have to warn people this mod is just garbage lol

18 hours ago, Djey said:

@Djey Hello, i seen some turboduck thread links to a Magic map patch as a requirement, i ended up on http://tdumodshop.forumactif.org/t296-download-page where download links are dead. Where is the Magic map download please? I do not see it on https://turboduck.net/forums/forum/77-environment-mods/

This forum does not allow sending you a private message.

Edited by postcd

2 hours ago, postcd said:

well, after submission it failed. maybe admin group can.

@Djey please reply my message

no, all member groups should be able to send message, unless you're blocked by the recipient 

if you can't , then it might be a bug, I am going to test message from you to Djey

update: tested because Djey hit messaging quota

50 minutes ago, MagicV8 said:

Salut Djey,

your Alfa is uploaded in your name to download section 😄

nice

On 5/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, postcd said:

@Djey Hello, i seen some turboduck thread links to a Magic map patch as a requirement, i ended up on http://tdumodshop.forumactif.org/t296-download-page where download links are dead. Where is the Magic map download please? I do not see it on https://turboduck.net/forums/forum/77-environment-mods/

This forum does not allow sending you a private message.

@postcd

Yes, MagicMap is a requirement for almost any kind of mod by now.

But, if you're using any of these patch/pack :

- Milli's Ultra Megapack

- Milli's TDU Platinum

You won't need Magic Map as either it's already included, or already contains a modified one. Replacing will kill features.

If you only need a Magic Map, get only Euro\Bnk1.map file from Milli's UM or TDUP. It should work.

22 hours ago, postcd said:

Thank you for the help. Consider updating dead links or posting explanation on the download page i linked. So people do not come to a dead end like me.

Bnk1.map 226.48 kB · 2 downloads

Thing is, Oahu cars site has not been updated for ages - and won't be. I guess there's a thread down here, @tduck.

Besides, given the risks of using genuine Magic Map for current vehicle packs (and very few people actually using TDU with only 1.66a patch), Magic Map is not necessary as standalone.